How to Easily Access Your Strong Memorial Hospital Medical Records Today
Figuring out how to access can be frustrating, but we can help. Keeping up-to-date copies of your medical history is so important. And often, you'll have the added pressure of needing access to your files quickly if another doctor is waiting to review them.
Strong Memorial Hospital in Rochester, NY, is a teaching hospital and part of the University of Rochester Medical Center's (URMC) clinical division called UR Medicine. Strong Memorial is one of six of UR Medicine's hospitals that are located throughout upstate New York's Finger Lakes and Southern Tier regions.
To get medical records from Strong Memorial Hospital on your own, there are several procedures to follow, including filling out the proper forms. Consequently, you can let DoNotPay handle this for you—and with just a few clicks, you'll be finished.
What to Know About the Rules Regarding Strong Memorial Hospital Medical Records
Like all hospitals, requires patients or caregivers to submit several forms before releasing information in a medical file. Under the Health Insurance Portability and Accounting Act (HIPAA), it is every patient's right to access all of the information in their file—but often, several types of consent forms are required. These procedures are in place to help protect a patient's privacy, but they can also make getting medical records a challenge.
If you have any questions or issues regarding your records at Strong Memorial Hospital, you can contact UR Medicine's Health Information Management department.
Requesting Electronic Records From Strong Memorial Hospital
You can easily access a portion of your medical records online, but viewing an electronic health record is not the same as requesting medical records. To view your electronic medical record from Strong Memorial Hospital, sign up or log into URMC's MyChart online service. It's free and easy to use.
Contacting Strong Memorial Hospital To Get Your Records, Step-by-Step
Here's what to do, step-by-step, to get . You can also skip ahead to the effortless method—use DoNotPay to fill out the proper forms and submit all necessary paperwork on your behalf.
- Navigate to Strong Memorial Hospital's Health Information Management department online. Complete the medical release forms by downloading the documents and signing them. Strong Memorial Hospital uses several types of forms to approve the release of medical records—but which you use depends on the patient's medical history and who is making the request.
- Choose the correct form—you can contact Strong Memorial Hospital by calling the number above if you have any questions regarding which form to use, and the ones that are available are listed below.
- Submit the correct forms by mail or by fax. See the mailing address and fax numbers below.
Available Forms to Request Strong Memorial Hospital Medical Records
- Accounting of Disclosure: This form permits the hospital to release the medical information in your records.
- Amendment of Protected Health Information Request: Use this form if you have to make a change to a release form you already submitted.
- Certification Form, OCA Form 960: This is the Office for Civil Rights form to request information when the medical issue involves HIV/AIDS, mental health, or drug/alcohol abuse.
- Patient Access Request Form: Use this form to request access to your records at any UR Medicine hospital.
- SH 48 Release Authorization Form.
Strong Memorial Contact Details
|UR Medicine Health Information Management Department
601 Elmwood Avenue
Box 616, Rochester
|(585) 273-1257 or (585) 424-2922
|Monday - Friday
|9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Let DoNotPay Get Your Strong Memorial Hospital Medical Records
Having an expert "virtual assistant" on hand like DoNotPay can be a valuable resource, especially if you need to obtain medical records quickly. DoNotPay has seen these requests before and knows how to write your health care provider a simple, clear, and effective letter that will get your legally-guaranteed health records for you in no time.
Here’s what to do:
- Look up medical records on DoNotPay's website.
- Enter the name of the health care provider you'd like to receive medical records from.
- Answer a few questions about your provider and where you'd like to send the records.
DoNotPay Can Help With Additional Medical Records Issues
If you need more information about getting your medical records, you can stop your search here. DoNotPay can help answer all your questions, including, "How long are medical records kept?"
If you're looking for information about another hospital or healthcare provider, use DoNotPay to help solve any medical-related issue. For example, DoNotPay can help you submit the proper forms to obtain:
- Cleveland Clinic Medical Records
- Baptist Medical Records
- Mercy Medical Records
- Kaiser Medical Records
What Other Frustrating Issues Can DoNotPay Help You Solve?
DoNotPay can also help you with the following concerns:
- Asking for Sick Leave
- Filing a Complaint
- Get Help with My Bills
- Requesting a Copy of My Birth Certificate
Sign up today and get the help you need.