How to Obtain Your St. Alphonsus Medical Records
If you've ever been treated at St. Alphonsus there is a record of your visit, as well as notes about your condition, treatment, and follow-up advice. These records can be accessed by other physicians during future visits to the same hospital. Your medical records contain sensitive information about your health and perhaps even your finances. So, it's pretty important that they're protected.
Not just anyone can , or any hospital for that matter. There has to be a valid reason and you need to give permission for your records to be shared. That said, there are times when you may need to request your medical records.
You have the right to request them, but getting medical records from a hospital can be a time-consuming process. That is, unless you're using DoNotPay and then, things go quickly.
Why Would I Need Medical Records from St. Alphonsus?
Experts recommend that you keep a copy of your medical records on hand and that you update it regularly. Some good reasons to have a copy of your medical records on hand include:
- Track health issues, doctors you've visited, and treatments you've received.
- You can share them with a new doctor or emergency care provider.
- If you're sick or end up in the ER away from home, your records are vital to fast treatment.
How to Request Medical Records from St. Alphonsus
You'll need to submit a written request for your medical records from St. Alphonsus, directed to the hospital or clinic that you visited. You should receive your electronic health records or printed records within 7 to 10 business days. To request your St. Alphonsus medical records on your own:
- Obtain a 'Patient Request for Access to Personal Health Information' application.
- Provide as much information as possible regarding the medical records you desire.
- Specify how you want your documents delivered to you.
- Include any fees required by the hospital to process your request.
- Mail or deliver the form to the hospital's medical records office.
|Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center - Boise
|1055 N Curtis Rd, Boise, ID 83706
|208-367-6248 (Information Release)
|Saint Alphonsus Medical Center - Nampa
|4300 E Flamingo Ave, Nampa ID 83687
|Saint Alphonsus Medical Center - Baker City
|3325 Pocahontas Road, Baker City, OR 97814
|Saint Alphonsus Medical Center - Ontario
|351 S.W. 9th St, Ontario, OR 97914
How to Transfer Medical Records to St. Alphonsus
If you've recently relocated, or decided to change hospitals, you'll want to provide your new hospital with your medical records. That way, when you need care at the new hospital, the doctors and nurses will have the information they need to treat you properly. To transfer your :
- First, talk to the staff at the St. Alphonsus hospital and ask what records they will need.
- Visit or call your current hospital to discuss transferring your records.
- Complete the medical record release forms and pay any fees associated with transferring your records.
- Keep in mind that your current provider has 30 days to honor the request under HIPAA law.
Does St. Alphonsus Charge for Medical Records?
Like most hospitals, St. Alphonsus won't charge you for copies of your medical records under most circumstances. You may, however, have to pay a small fee if your file is particularly large and you want it all printed for you. If you are experiencing financial difficulties, the hospital will likely forgo the fees for your medical records in order to encourage continuity of care.
Request Medical Records from St. Alphonsus With DoNotPay
It can be a bit daunting to ask a hospital or other medical facility to provide you with your records. But, you have the right to request your medical records anytime you wish. It's not always an easy process, but you deserve the information so you can make informed decisions about your health.
DoNotPay has seen these requests before and knows how to write your health care provider a simple, clear, and effective letter that will get your legally-guaranteed health records for you in no time.
Here’s how to request your using DoNotPay:
- Look up medical records on DoNotPay’s website.
- Enter the name of the health care provider you’d like to receive medical records from.
- Answer a few questions about your provider and where you’d like to send the records.
Request Medical Records From Any Hospital With the Click of a Button
Regardless of what hospital, clinic, or medical facility you've been treated in, there is a record of that visit. In order for you to get the best possible care now and in the future, you want all those records in one place. With DoNotPay, you can obtain all your medical records from these hospitals and more with the touch of a button:
More Services From DoNotPay
Your health should be your top priority and obtaining your medical records from St. Alphonsus or any other facility is a good first step. DoNotPay can help with that process and so much more. In fact, the world's first AI Consumer Champion can handle all kinds of medical issues including:
- Advance Health Care Directives
- File Complaints Against Providers
- Negotiate Unpaid Debt
- Request Sick Leave from Work
- Obtain Certified Birth Certificates
- Sue in Small Claims Court
But, that's not all. DoNotPay can handle a huge variety of everyday tasks that will make your life easier, less expensive, and more convenient.