How to Request Shady Grove Hospital Medical Records the Easy Way
The Shady Grove Medical Center now operates as part of the Adventist HealthCare system, which means that you address a request to Adventist HealthCare Shady Grove Medical Center at 9901 Medical Center Drive in Rockville, MD 20850. There is a way to request medical records that requires you to follow a set of steps.
Requesting Your Shady Grove Adventist Hospital Medical Records
There is a medical records release form you need to sign. It was developed by the medical records department of the hospital and needs to accompany your request.
|Download the form and fill it out.||You need to give as much specific information as possible. For example, if you have a medical record number, be sure to submit it. Also, let the medical records clerks know what information you want.|
|Mail in the release form.||To complete your request, mail the form with your original signature to Adventist HealthCare Shady Grove Medical Center, c/o HIM Department, 9901 Medical Center Drive, Rockville, MD 20850.|
|Walk in the form in person.||If you prefer to visit the records department yourself and drop off the form, head to the facility and visit the main floor. A clerk will be able to assist you Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.|
How Long Does It Take to Get Your Medical Records?
You know how to request medical records, but do you know how long you should wait? The Shady Grove Adventist Hospital medical records department says that it will mail records within three to five business days after receiving your request. You can contact the department by dialing 240-826-6119. Keep in mind that this is a number for information only but not to request medical records.
Does the Hospital Have to Give You the Files?
HIPAA specifies that you have a right to request Shady Grove Hospital medical records pertaining to your care. The law specifies the setup of electronic health records, outlines how long are medical records kept, and the steps for how to get my medical records.
The law discusses a designated record set that includes:
- All billing and medical records pertaining to your care at Shady Grove Hospital.
- The insurance application and claims adjudication by the company that is covering your medical costs.
- Medical images, lab results, clinical case notes, and similar add-ons to a doctor's notes and nurse's information.
Can Shady Grove Charge You Money for Medical Records?
Being located in Maryland, Shady Grove Adventist Hospital medical records technicians can charge you several fees.
- A $22.88 labor charge.
- They can also ask you to pay 76 cents for each page they need to copy.
- Mailing costs have to be the actual expenses the hospital incurs.
- Finally, there can also be an electronic records fee. It is 75% of what the paper copy fee would be; however, the state has capped the total at $80.
These are legitimate charges that state regulators have approved. Individual clinics may choose to charge you less or nothing at all. That said, they cannot charge you more.
Which Records Do Not Fall Under the Disclosure Requirement?
Just as HIPAA outlines the files that you are entitled to request, there are some that do not fall under the law. A good example is the kind of proprietary information that a hospital or clinic would compile when preparing for a lawsuit. These notes are off-limits. The same goes for the personal notes of a psychotherapist or the quality assurance notes that have been added to your file after your care review.
Are You Frustrated With How Long It Takes to Get Your Information? Let DoNotPay Help You!
Maybe you have not had a good experience getting your Shady Grove Hospital medical records. Perhaps you need to request records from a variety of medical institutions and are looking for a way to streamline the operation. DoNotPay wants to help. The process takes three simple steps that let you request your Shady Grove Hospital medical records and those from other venues.
- Look up medical records on DoNotPay’s website.
- Enter the name of the health care provider you’d like to receive medical records from.
- Answer a few questions about your provider and where you’d like to send the records.
What Other Medical Records Can DoNotPay Help You Get?
DoNotPay lets you input information of any hospital or health care provider you want to contact. Examples include:
- Kaiser medical records from any of the provider's facilities.
- Request for Mercy Medical records.
- Connect with the right department for Baptist medical records.
- Get in contact with the Cleveland Clinic medical records department.
By using the website's functionality, you can connect with health care providers across the country to get your files. Best of all, you do not have to find out the details for every record department; let the experts' automated system handle the heavy lifting for you.