How to Get Your Robert Wood Johnson Medical Records
You can get your in three ways. You can visit the Patient Portal, submit an online request, or mail in a paper request. Whatever your reason for wanting your RWJ New Brunswick medical records, DoNotPay will explain all you need to know. To make it easier, DoNotPay can also do everything for you.
Many people do not just want their records, they want to understand more about HIPAA's rules and standards. People also want to learn about electronic health records, not just paper-based files, which may also include understanding how long clinics and hospitals keep your medical records.
Before we discuss RWJ University's medical record system in detail, here is some additional background on how to get medical records from anywhere, as well as how to make a specific medical record request from anywhere. This article discusses medical record release forms.
Now let us explain how you get your RWJ medical records.
The 3 Ways to Get Your RWJ Medical Records
Visit the Patient Portal
This gives you standard info. It shows you notes from your last visit, results of lab work, medication you have been prescribed, radiology test results, etc. To get these records you go to the portal by clicking here. Once you have opened the portal home page, you can check if you have an account. If not, you must go here to check, by entering your email address. If the system cannot find you, you can register on the same page.
If you do have an account, simply enter your login details:
- Your username.
- Your password.
- If you cannot remember your password, click the "Start Recovery" button.
Once you have logged in, it takes you to the secure portal where you select the records you want. Please note that if you need additional support, RWJ's email address has changed, and you must now contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit an Online Request Form
You may get a request for records from using this method. You can use it for both the standard information available via the patient portal and for your other records which are not available that way. Make use of this option by using the Patient Request app hosted by Ciox. You may request electronic delivery in PDF form, or you may request paper documents by US mail.
You will receive an immediate acknowledgment by email that your request has been received, and it will be processed within 3 - 5 business days.
To make your request you need to have the following:
- Must have a photo ID available to prove who you are.
- Have a mobile phone nearby to submit the photo.
- Should use (Ciox recommends these) Chrome, Firefox, or Safari unless you want to do everything on your smartphone.
- Choose to use a smartphone or continue via your computer.
- Smartphone: select that option and follow the instructions.
- Computer: confirm whether you are the patient or not. If not, you will need additional documentation to show you have a right to see the patient's records.
- Enter your email address.
- Confirm your email address.
- Complete the medical records request form in detail and submit it to RWJ.
If you are not the patient, you must provide authorization such as POA, legal guardianship, etc. The system gives you every documentary option to select from.
Submit a Paper Medical Records Request Form
You may ask for a request form by contacting the hospital (see phone and fax numbers below) or by going online to Request Medical Records and downloading the request form. Please remember, you must have an Adobe account to print the form. You can get a free subscription at the time.
You may submit the completed form by:
|Scan and email it to||HIMRecordRequests@rwjbh.org|
|Visit the Ciox Release of Information office||Go to the main floor between 8.00 am and 4.30 pm Monday to Friday. Use the dropbox if the office is closed.|
|Fax it to||(732) 253 3401.|
|Mail it to||Attn: Health Information Management
Roger Wood Johnson University Hospital, 1 Robert Wood Johnson Place, New Brunswick, NJ, 08901.
The records dept will mail the records back to you, or email you a link if you choose that option.
How Long Does it Take to Get My RWJ Medical Records?
Once received, your request will be processed in 3 to 5 business days. If the records have been put into offsite storage, it may take up to 30 days for them to be ready. Then allow another 3 days for US mail to deliver them.
How Much Does it Cost to Get RWJ Medical Records?
If you are requesting records for personal reasons, the costs are:
- Fewer than 10 pages: No Charge.
- More than 10 pages: 5 cents per page.
- The actual postage charge if sent by mail.
If you are requesting the records for legal reasons, such as for use in a personal injury case, then the costs are:
- $10.00 search fee.
- No more than $1.00 per page or $100.00, whichever is lower. If the requested file is fewer than 10 pages, rwj may charge up to $10.00.
- A copying fee of $0.25 per page may be charged.
- Records such as X-rays that cannot be copied on a regular copy machine may be charged at actual cost.
- The actual postal charge.
DoNotPay Will Handle it for You
If you do not want the hassle of working out how to make the request for your medical records and submitting the request, you can ask DoNotPay to do it for you. All you do is follow these three simple steps:
- Look up medical records on DoNotPay’s website.
- Enter the name of the health care provider you’d like to receive medical records from.
- Answer a few questions about your provider and where you’d like to send the records.
And that is it. Give DoNotPay the basic information needed, then leave it to the experts.
How Else Will DoNotPay Help?
Part of our mission is to help you to learn about topics, as well as handle complex tasks on your behalf. Here are some examples for you to try.
- Arrange an Advance Healthcare Directive.
- Learn how to get Birth Certificates.
- Get help on how to request Sick Leave.
DoNotPay Will Also Help you Get Other Medical Records
If you have to request medical records from other hospitals, we have you covered. You can learn how to get them from these four hospitals just by clicking these links:
What Else Can DoNotPay Do to Help?
When you request medical records, it may be because you also want to file a complaint against a company. You may need to learn about Small Claims Court Proceedings. you may even need advice on paying bills or to see what grants are available to you.
Whatever you need help with, advice on, or to have DoNotPay ease the burden, we are always here. So, going back to for you.