How to Request Your Roper St. Francis Medical Records
Whether you're switching to a new healthcare provider or simply want to review your complete medical history, you might need to request a copy of your medical records. If you need to get your , the process is fairly straightforward and can be completed online. However, since each hospital and doctor's office has its own system, getting all of your records can become difficult if you've seen several different providers.
Fortunately, DoNotPay can help you quickly request records from multiple providers all from one convenient place. If you've been a patient in the hospital system, here's what you should know about accessing your medical records.
How to Request Your Roper St. Francis Medical Records
The process for requesting your medical records from Roper St. Francis is done completely online. You can either view test results and hospital discharge information through your online portal or request your complete medical records.
|8409 Old Carriage Ct,
North Charleston, SC 29420
|+1 (843) 724-2800
Online Portal: Outpatient
If you use Roper St. Francis's outpatient physician partners, you can use the MyHealth Physicians portal. To use this, you'll need to ask your doctor to set up account access for you at your next appointment.
Online Portal: Hospital Care
If you've stayed at any Roper St. Francis hospital, you can review your discharge documents and test results through the MyHealth Hospital portal. You can enroll online on your own if you want to access this information for yourself. You can't sign up for MyHealth Hospital if:
- The patient is under 16.
- You are the parent or guardian of the patient.
- You are the caregiver of the patient.
To sign up, you'll need to provide:
- Your name
- Your date of birth
- Your Social Security number
If you'd prefer to receive a personalized email invitation to enroll, call 843-427-2290. If you're having trouble with the sign-up process, call 1-877-621-8014.
Unlike the online portal, medical records requests can be completed by caregivers as well. Any of the following can request medical records:
- You can request your own records.
- Parents of minors can request their children's records.
- Authorized caregivers, like those with medical power of attorney, can request the records of the patient they are representing.
To request your records or someone else's records that you have access to, follow these steps:
- Have your driver's license or comparable photo ID ready to verify your identity. You'll need to take a picture of this with your webcam or smartphone camera.
- Click the orange "Request Your Medical Records Online Button" toward the bottom of this page.
- Enter and confirm your email address.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to complete your request.
Online records requests are usually fairly straightforward, especially when your information is already in the hospital's electronic records. However, Roper St. Francis doesn't offer much upfront transparency about the costs and timeframe of requesting your records.
How Much Do Medical Records Cost?
Roper St. Francis doesn't list its costs publicly, but electronic records are usually either free or subject to an administrative fee. You may need to pay postage for paper copies. Under South Carolina law, a hospital can't charge you more than $150 for your records, regardless of how long or complex they are. Additionally, hospitals cannot withhold your medical records because of an unpaid bill.
Easily Request Your Medical Records With DoNotPay
There are many reasons you might need to request your medical records, whether you're switching to a new doctor or you simply want to keep comprehensive documentation of your health history yourself. Healthcare providers are legally required to provide your complete records if you ask for them, but they can make the process tedious and time-consuming.
Luckily, DoNotPay makes requesting your medical record from Roper St. Francis or any other hospital system fast, easy and successful. Use DoNotPay to save time and stress, no matter how complicated the hospital's process for requesting records is.
How to request medical records using DoNotPay:
DoNotPay has seen these requests before and knows how to write your health care provider a simple, clear, and effective letter that will get your legally-guaranteed health records for you in no time.
- Look up medical records on DoNotPay’s website.
- Enter the name of the health care provider you’d like to receive medical records from.
- Answer a few questions about your provider and where you’d like to send the records.
DoNotPay Can Help You Request Records From Any Healthcare System
DoNotPay can help you request records from anywhere you've received healthcare, and we can provide information about the process of requesting medical records. With DoNotPay:
- Request Kaiser records
- Request Mercy records
- Request Baptist records
- Request Cleveland Clinic records
- Learn how long records are kept
- Learn when a records release form is needed
What Else Can DoNotPay Do For You?
DoNotPay can help you deal with bureaucracy effectively in many different ways. With DoNotPay, you can easily:
- Get a copy of a birth certificate
- File a lawsuit in small claims court
- Create an advanced healthcare directive
To conveniently request your medical records from Roper St. Francis, contact DoNotPay today.