How to Get Roanoke Memorial Hospital Medical Records
is one of the hospitals under Carilion Clinic in Virginia. The hospitals are operated independently, and therefore, the medical records are stored at the respective hospitals to allow patients to access them easily.
To request your Roanoke Memorial Hospital medical records, you will need to fill in and sign an authorization and release form and submit it with a government-issued photo ID. You can send in these documents by fax or mail or deliver them in person at the medical records department of Roanoke Memorial Hospital.
While you can easily request medical records by yourself, the hassle of putting the documents together and mailing them to Roanoke Memorial Hospital may be an involved process for you. However, you can let DoNotPay help you through the Request Medical Records product that allows you to request your medical records in a few quick steps.
Why Might I Need Medical Records from Roanoke Memorial Hospital?
There are different reasons you might need your medical records. Some of these reasons include the following.
- To know some of the procedures you have already had to avoid duplicating procedures that might be dangerous to you.
- To inform your family members, attorney, or any other person who matters and can take care of you and your things when you become incapacitated.
- When you change a doctor or a healthcare facility.
- When you get a new doctor when your old doctor is retiring.
How to Request Medical Records from Roanoke Memorial Hospital
The hospital has a straightforward application process, and any of its patients can easily follow through and get their medical records in no time. Here's how to go about it.
- Visit 's medical records department and request the authorization form. Better still, you can access the form online on the hospital's official website and fill it out.
- Attach a photocopy of a government-issued ID such as your driver's license.
- Submit the documents through mail, fax or in-person.
You can request the hospital to send you an estimate of the costs for the charges, depending on how big your medical records document is, including other records like imaging CDs.
According to the laws of Virginia, medical records should be charged at a rate of $0.37 per page for the first 50 pages and $0.18 per page for the rest of the document. These charges do not include postage and shipping costs.
If you would like to contact the hospital beforehand.
Roanoke Memorial Hospital Contact Information
|Mailing Address||Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital (CRMH)
1906 Belleview Avenue
Roanoke, VA 24014
How to Transfer Medical Records to Roanoke Memorial Hospital
Suppose you have been receiving treatment from another hospital and you'd like to engage with henceforth. In that case, you may need to retrieve your medical records and hand them over to your new doctor or have the other hospital transfer the records to Roanoke Memorial Hospital.
You can contact your previous hospital to know whether they can transfer your medical record. You will need to send in your information that can help them prepare your medical records and send them to your new doctor.
If you find the whole process stressful because of the bureaucracy and the unending waiting period, DoNotPay can help you solve your problem. You'll only need to submit all the details of your situation, and DoNotPay will move swiftly to request your former hospital to transfer your medical records to Roanoke Memorial Hospital.
How to Request Medical Records From Roanoke Memorial Hospital With the Help of DoNotPay
Requesting medical records may be a long and exhausting process, especially if you are not familiar with how the process works. However, Through product, you can easily send in your request to Roanoke Memorial Hospital without the need of moving from one office to another.
DoNotPay will require you to submit certain information through a questionnaire on the platform and then let DoNotPay send the request on your behalf.
Here's how it works.
- Look up medical records on DoNotPay’s website.
- Enter the name of the health care provider you’d like to receive medical records from.
- Answer a few questions about your provider and where you’d like to send the records.
And that's it! DoNotPay will send your request for medical records to your health care provider within a few days, and you should have your records received within a few weeks.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay has great experience in requesting medical records in different hospitals and can help you get yours fast. Some of the areas DoNotPay can help include the following.
- Medical Records
- Electronic Health Records
- Medical Records Release form
- Kaiser medical records
- How to request medical records
- How long are medical records kept?
- Mercy medical records
- How to get my medical records
- Baptist medical records
- Cleveland Clinic medical records
Check out DoNotPay's Request Medical Records product for more information.