How to Get Your ProHealth Medical Records
Anytime you visit your family doctor, specialist, emergency room, or hospital, the healthcare professionals that care for you document the visit. This information is then put into your permanent medical record. The purpose of medical record information gathering and storage is to provide better care through the sharing of information.
In order to get the best possible care when you visit any doctor or hospital, you need up-to-date, accurate medical records. Under the federal law known as HIPAA, you are allowed access to all your records. But, how do you go about requesting your ProHealth medical records?
Getting copies of your can be a bit of a challenge. It's also a fairly lengthy process. But, with DoNotPay, your medical records can be obtained quickly.
Why Would I Need Medical Records from ProHealth?
Your medical records belong to you and you should never worry about whether you should get a copy or not. There are a number of reasons that you may wish to obtain a copy of your For example, some of the reasons that you may want to ask for your medical records from ProHealth include:
- For your own information.
- If you're switching healthcare providers,
- If you suspect errors in your record.
- To track medical conditions and treatments.
You can fill out the medical record request form and contact ProHealth here:
|Medical Record Form
|Mail or Drop Off Forms
|Health Information Management – Release of Information
N17 W24100 Riverwood Dr. Suite 200
Waukesha, WI 53188
How to Request Medical Records from ProHealth Directly
Like all medical service providers, ProHealth is obligated by law to provide you, or an authorized individual, with your medical records upon request. But, you have to follow the ProHealth medical record request procedures and complete the appropriate forms for your request to be granted.
- View and print your medical records through the ProHealth patient portal.
- Complete the Release of Medical Information Form.
- Submit your request online or in person at your local ProHealth office.
It can take anywhere from 7 to 10 days for your medical records to be available for pickup or to be sent to you. Electronic medical records may be delivered quicker via email.
How to Transfer Your Medical Records to ProHealth
If you're a new patient to ProHealth, you'll want your healthcare team to have all of your medical records on hand. This is an important part of your overall care and should be completed as quickly as possible. When transferring your records you'll need to:
- Find out what medical records ProHealth needs from previous providers.
- Complete a medical record release form to authorize the release of your records.
- Ask for your records to be sent directly to ProHealth or to you personally.
Does ProHealth Charge for Medical Records?
You won't be charged anything for a copy of your medical records in most cases. However, if you have an extensive file, or if you need multiple copies of your records, you may be charged a nominal fee. When you put in your request, be sure to ask about any charges to avoid unexpected bills.
DoNotPay Can Help You Get Your ProHealth Medical Records
If you're not sure how to go about getting your medical records, or you just don't want to deal with it, let DoNotPay help. No matter who your health care provider is, whether it's ProHealth or another organization, we can help you request your medical records easily.
How to request your medical records from ProHealth using DoNotPay:
DoNotPay has seen these requests before and knows how to write your health care provider a simple, clear, and effective letter that will get your legally-guaranteed health records for you in no time.
- Look up medical records on DoNotPay's website.
- Enter the name of the health care provider you'd like to receive medical records from.
- Answer a few questions about your provider and where you'd like to send the records.
Get Copies of All Your Medical Records With DoNotPay
Have you ever been treated at a medical facility other than ProHealth? If so, those records should be included in your medical records for your current healthcare team to use. It doesn't matter where you've been treated, whether it's an after-hours clinic, a doctor's office, or the hospital, DoNotPay will get your medical records for you. Just a few examples of the records we can get include:
- Get Copies of Your Kaiser Medical Records
- Request Cleveland Clinic Records
- Order Baptist Medical Records
- Obtain Medical Records from Mercy
Is There Anything Else DoNotPay Can Do?
The world's first AI Consumer Champion is actually capable of doing much, much more than just helping you get your . This innovative new product is absolutely indispensable for a wide variety of tasks including:
- Order Certified Birth Certificates
- Lodge Complaints Against Companies
- Advance Care Directive Paperwork
- Get Assistance With Late Bills
- Ask for Sick Leave from Your Job
- Sue in Small Claims Court
- Electronic health records
- Request medical records
But, that's hardly all DoNotPay can do for you. In fact, once you start using DoNotPay, you'll wonder how you ever got anything done without it.