How to Request Polyclinic Medical Records
Maintaining your health is done best when all of your providers work together and have all the information. There are times when you will need to have your medical records forwarded to another party. Presently, one of the growing trends is to get these records electronically so that they can be easily dispersed when you need them and reduce the amount of time you are waiting.
If you would like DoNotPay to help with this process of how to request your medical records, they can make it a simple task for you.
Does The Polyclinic Offer Electronic Medical Records?
- Have them mailed or picked up in person.
- Fax them to a secure line.
- Email them to a provided email address.
There are a few steps that you need to take before you can get a copy of your medical records.
How Can I Request These Medical Records Electronically?
If you want to get a copy of your medical records, you will need to do the following steps and list the type of method you would like to receive the records.
- Complete the medical record release form that is required by HIPAA to release your records either to you or another facility.
- When you complete the form, you need to send it back to Polyclinic.
- You can either fax it, mail it, or bring it in person. If you would like to email the request form, you will need to call the facility to get the email address.
- Allow up to 48 business hours for your request to be completed.
- If you have not received your medical records at that time, you will need to reach back out to the facility.
|Polyclinic Contact Information
|Polyclinic Phone Number
|Polyclinic Contact Us
Do Other Medical Facilities Release Electronic Medical Records?
With the growing trend of digitizing records, releasing electronic medical records is growing in popularity. Even with recent changes in the healthcare industry and the pandemic, there was an overwhelming shift to make the switch to digital. It is a task that is easy for both the healthcare facility to release them and for the patient to receive them. You can store a copy of the files digitally once they are received so that you always have a copy of your own.
Below are some other medical facilities that provide digital medical records:
- Kaiser Medical Records
- Cleveland Clinic Medical Records
- Mercy Medical Records
- Baptist Medical Records
If you have records with any of these other medical facilities, keep in mind that there may be a limit on how long medical records are kept with the facility before they are archived. For most facilities, there is a seven-year limit on keeping the records current.
How Do Electronic Medical Records Comply With HIPAA?
You can get your medical records electronically and maintain HIPAA compliance. Before these medical records are released electronically, you as the patient will need to sign and give permission for the records to be released in that method.
You will need to provide identifying factors to enter a portal and obtain the records. Sending them electronically needs to be done securely through a portal or an encrypted email.
Reasons Why You Need Your Medical Records
There are several reasons why you will need to have a copy of your medical records sent to another location or get a copy for yourself.
- Medical referrals. Your provider has insisted you visit another medical professional for services that are not available at Polyclinic.
- Getting a new provider. If you are moving or planning to go to another provider, you will need a copy of your medical records to give to the new provider.
- Medical emergencies. Should you have a medical emergency and need access to your records quickly, having a copy on hand can assist the doctors at the hospital when deciding on treatment plans.
- They are your records. You can get a copy of your medical records just to help you understand what is going on with your health and how you need to prepare and take care of yourself moving forward.
No matter what the reason is for getting your medical records, you should always be able to retrieve them when necessary.
Does It Cost to Request My Polyclinic Medical Records?
There is no fee associated with requesting your . You could be charged a fee for expediting these records, however, depending on when you need them.
If the office has to use extra resources to send these records unconventionally, you will be notified. Any cost for the medical records will be confirmed by a member of their team calling before they are sent.
Can DoNotPay Assist Me With Getting My Medical Records?
Allow DoNotPay to assist you in obtaining your medical records by following the steps below:
- Look up medical records on DoNotPay’s website.
- Enter the name of the health care provider you’d like to receive medical records from.
- Answer a few questions about your provider and where you’d like to send the records.
Is DoNotPay Able to Assist Me With Other Tasks?
While DoNotPay can be successful in helping you , there are other tasks where they provide assistance, too. Below are some of the other ways in which DoNotPay can help.
DoNotPay wants to help you with all of the different services you will need so that you get your time back and avoid any unnecessary stress with these tasks!