5 Steps to Fight Pinellas County Traffic Tickets
Getting issued a traffic ticket can be an inconvenience, especially if you know that you have not violated the traffic regulation in question. If you have been issued a , you have the option to either contest it or pay it. If you choose to contest it, you will need to be prepared for the process and provide the evidence that will help you win your case.
A traffic ticket cannot be ignored. No matter what you choose to do next, it is important to take the proper steps to get the ticket satisfied in some manner. If you have never dealt with a Pinellas County traffic ticket before, DoNotPay can help you out.
Types of Traffic Tickets in Pinellas County
Pinellas County issues three types of tickets for vehicle violations: traffic tickets, parking tickets, and boating tickets. Each type of should either be contested or paid within 30 days of the date the ticket was issued to avoid additional penalties.
- Traffic Tickets: These are issued in Pinellas County for violations that happen while a vehicle is in use. This can be anything from running a traffic light to texting while driving.
- Parking Tickets: These are issued in Pinellas County when a vehicle is parked in an area that is marked as a place where you cannot park, or a place where parking is restricted at certain times or on certain days.
- Boating Tickets: Pinellas County is also responsible for issuing boating tickets on the county's recreational waterways.
How to Dispute a Traffic Ticket in Pinellas County
Sometimes traffic tickets are imposed on a person who may not have committed the offense stated on the ticket. If that is the case, Pinellas County provides you with a way to contest your ticket. You will need to follow these steps to get the process started:
- Write a letter or use the Written Plea of Not Guilty and Request for Hearing to put in a plea of not guilty to the offense.
- Wait for your court date to be scheduled.
- Appear at your scheduled court date to plead your case.
If found guilty, the court can issue fines, attendance in a defensive driving course, or other penalties at the court's discretion
How to Pay a Traffic Ticket in Pinellas County
If you are found to violate the traffic offense listed on your Pinellas County traffic ticket, you do have the option to pay the ticket without having to appear in traffic court. To pay a traffic ticket in Pinellas County, you will need to follow these steps.
- Make a Plan to Pay Your Ticket Within 30 Days
To avoid additional fees or other consequences, you will need to pay your traffic ticket within 30 days of the date the ticket was issued.
- Pay Your Traffic Ticket Online
The Pinellas County Clerk of the Circuit Court and Comptroller has an easy online portal to make payments for traffic tickets (a convenience fee will be assessed). However, you may not be able to use the portal if:
- The ticket requires proof of a valid driver's license
- The ticket requires proof of valid registration
- The ticket requires proof of valid insurance
If you have to satisfy one or more of these requirements, you will need to pay the ticket in person at the clerk's office.
- Pay Your Traffic Ticket by Phone
The other way you can pay for your Pinellas County traffic ticket is to pay by phone. You will be assessed a convenience fee to make your payment, and you will need to have information from your ticket to complete the process.
|Pinellas County Clerk of the Circuit Court and Comptroller Contact Info|
|Online Portal||Clerk of Circuit Court - Online Payment Center|
|Phone Number||(727) 464-4846|
|Address||315 Court St., Clearwater, FL 33756|
|Hours of Operation||8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday (Excluding Holidays)|
Contest Tickets in Pinellas County in Less Than 2 Minutes
Contesting a traffic ticket is a common occurrence, and if you think you are not guilty of the traffic violation in question, it is important to contest the ticket. With DoNotPay, you can contest your Pinellas County traffic ticket or tickets issued in New York, California, Las Vegas, LA, and other areas around the country in just two minutes.
Here's how to get started:
- Log-in to DoNotPay and go to the Ticket Disputes category. Select the correct product based on your traffic ticket.
- Upload a photo of your citation.
- Provide us with some details on why you believe the citation issued is a mistake.
- Select whether or not you want the letter mailed to the traffic ticket issuer on your behalf!
- That’s it! You’ll receive an appeal letter that contains state vehicle codes to boost your case.
It's that simple! Look out for your traffic ticket issuer's response to discover whether you won. DoNotPay has helped thousands of people dispute traffic tickets successfully. Yours can be next!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can help you get all of your tasks taken care of when you need them. Some of the tasks that DoNotPay can help you with include:
DoNotPay can provide you with quick, easy steps for these tasks and many more.