Get PIH Medical Records Faster and Easier With DoNotPay
PIH is one of the most respected healthcare providers in the LA area, serving millions of Californians in the area each year. As a non-profit, PIH is dedicated to providing quality care above all else. Plenty of people have taken advantage of this high standard already, and many more are interested in doing so in the future. If you're looking to work with PIH in the future, get your sorted out quickly with DoNotPay's help.
What Types of Medical Records Are Restricted From Being Released?
There are various types of medical records that hospitals, including PIH, are restricted from disclosing. While this typically doesn't include the patient in question, it does include entities like government organizations, insurance providers, other people (including family), and even other doctors in some circumstances.
Without your permission, your doctor or others with access to your medical records cannot disclose information like:
- STI history or treatments.
- Mental illnesses and disorders or treatments.
- Substance abuse issues or treatments.
Additionally, there is some nuance to the situation of children's privacy rights and parents. In most situations, a child's parent can view their medical records until that child is considered able to give consent for their own medical treatment (the criteria for this can vary). This does not automatically apply to stepparents, though, nor to the extended family like grandparents, aunts, uncles, or others. Additionally, while divorced parents still have the ability to view these records, they can be revoked along with other parental rights.
How to Request Medical Records from PIH on Your Own
The PIH website outlines two means of requesting your medical records: electronically and by mail or fax. They each have their pros and cons and, regardless of which you use, you can expect to wait a good three to five business days before anyone gets back to you. If you don't want to deal with the bureaucracy and would like things expedited a little, get DoNotPay to request your medical records from PIH on your behalf.
Their general contact information for medical records are as follows:
|Address||12401 Washington Blvd,
Whittier, CA 90602
|Phone Number||+1 (562) 698-0811|
If you're not afraid of wasting time, though, here's what you can do:
- Start the request by heading to the online portal and pressing the blue button for new requests.
- Select whether you're a patient, patient representative, or a third party requesting the records.
- Select whether you want your records as a download, as a physical CD, or if you want them sent to another person like a doctor.
- Fill out the form designating which forms you want and other important information.
- Upload a picture of yourself holding your government-issued ID to verify your identity.
- Submit your request and wait for it to be processed. You should be able to get updates through the tracking number provided during this time.
- When your records are assembled, they'll be sent to you in the way you specified earlier in the process.
- Download and fill out the request form.
- Print out the form, then mail it to your PIH branch of choice. Alternatively, you can fax the form to that branch. You'll find both the mailing addresses and fax numbers on the PIH website.
- Wait three to five business days for the request to process. When it does, you'll be sent a copy of your records through the mail.
How to Transfer Medical Records to PIH
If you've received treatment at another medical facility before, you may need to have records transferred to PIH. The exact process for this will depend on the hospital you went to, but it should not be too different from the process you'd take at PIH. For best results, ask your doctor at PIH what they need and get their guidance on who to talk to and how to request information from the other care provider.
PIH Medical Record Request Costs
At this time, there does not appear to be a fee to get your medical records sent to you from PIH.
Get Your PIH Medical Records Sorted With DoNotPay
Getting PIH to sort out your medical records on your own can be a real challenge, so why not let DoNotPay give you a hand? Just follow these three quick steps to get on the right path:
How to request medical records using DoNotPay:
DoNotPay has seen these requests before and knows how to write your health care provider a simple, clear, and effective letter that will get your legally-guaranteed health records for you in no time.
- Look up medical records on DoNotPay’s website.
- Enter the name of the health care provider you’d like to receive medical records from.
- Answer a few questions about your provider and where you’d like to send the records.
DoNotPay Works Across Hospitals to Get Your Records to You
DoNotPay can help you get medical records from other hospitals besides PIH, too. The Cleveland Clinic, Baptist Health, Mercy, Kaiser, and more all send outpatient records upon request, and we can make that process even more simple than doing it on your own. We can also help you with your frequently asked questions and other challenges:
- How to request medical records when it's not obvious
- How to get health records when they're requested
- What release forms should be used to request medical records?
- How long are medical records kept at a hospital?
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DNP can help you in all areas of life, not just in getting your . Some of our other services include:
No matter what your problem might be, there's a DNP product out there to help you with it. Try the app today so you can start living life instead of struggling against it.