How To Claim a Phone Warranty—A Step-By-Step Guide
It is important to know that if your cell phone starts malfunctioning, it will be repaired or replaced as soon as possible. This is where phone warranties come in handy as they guarantee that the manufacturer will take care of any manufacturing defects on your smartphone.
If unable to repair your cell phone, the manufacturer will either replace it or offer a refund within the phone warranty period. Here’s how you can claim a phone warranty on any phone with DoNotPay!
How DoNotPay Helps You File Your Phone Warranty Claim
If you’re not interested in dealing with customer support representatives, DoNotPay can handle the phone warranty claim for you. We can also help you claim a warranty on any other purchased product, your home, or car.
If you’ve chosen DoNotPay to file your cell phone warranty claim for you, do the following:
- Access DoNotPay in your web browser
- Choose the Claim Warranty feature
- Select Warranty on a Purchased Item
- Pick the brand of your smartphone, enter purchase and warranty details, and explain the problems you’ve been having with your cell phone
- Click Submit my claim
The DoNotPay app will now file the warranty claim on your cell phone automatically, and a manufacturer’s or a retailer’s support representative will reach out to you concerning your case.
If you’ve misplaced your warranty and don’t know the specifics, DoNotPay will help you by generating an argument under implied warranty laws.
How To Claim Your Cell Phone Warranty by Yourself
When you buy a new smartphone, make sure you keep the receipt and warranty. Some smartphone manufacturers like Samsung have multiple warranties that detail the procedure of how to claim them. Regardless of the brand, you can also refer to the smartphone warranty plans you can find online.
To get your cell phone up and running again, you should get in touch with the retailer you’ve purchased your phone from or the manufacturer to get information on the process.
In most cases, you can visit the website of the store that sold you the cell phone and do one of the following:
- Find their phone number and call the store
- Find an email and send them a message
- Fill in an online request form
- Go to the store and explain your problem
You could also visit the manufacturer’s website and locate phone warranty details there as some producers provide:
- Different cell phone warranty plans
- Online phone warranty claim forms
- Customer support contact details
Be prepared to wait for a representative to answer your phone call or to reply to your email/online request and get back to you with the steps you should take.
The following information varies from company to company, but here is a general list:
|Can You Claim Your Warranty Via||Yes/No|
What Does a Phone Warranty Cover?
Most manufacturers of cell phones and smartphones provide one-year or two-year long warranties.
Most cell phone and smartphone warranties cover:
- Production flaws
- Defective parts and materials
- Workmanship problems
If your cell phone malfunctions within the period of your smartphone warranty, the manufacturer has to repair it.
You should check out the warranty that came with your phone to make sure what applies to your cell phone.
What Is Not Covered by a Cell Phone Warranty?
If your smartphone develops a fault and the manufacturer determines that you’re responsible for the malfunction, your cell phone warranty claim will be rejected.
Some of the most common reasons why the manufacturer will not honor your smartphone warranty are when the fault was caused by:
- Liquid exposure
- Loss or theft
- You’ve tempered with the phone
Find out the precise list of exclusions in your specific smartphone warranty.
Your Phone Warranty Claim Gets Rejected? DoNotPay Can Help
The DoNotPay app can help you appeal if your cell phone warranty claim is denied. You should follow these steps:
- Open DoNotPay in your web browser
- Select the Claim Warranty feature
- Choose Appeal a Denied Warranty Claim
- Select if you’d like to appeal against the manufacturer or an extended warranty provider
- Provide details about the company you’ve selected in the previous step and about your rejected smartphone warranty claim
DoNotPay will submit your appeal automatically. When your appeal is processed, you’ll be contacted by a manufacturer’s or a retailer’s customer support representative.
DoNotPay—Your Trustworthy Personal Assistant
DoNotPay helps you deal with lots of different issues. For other types of warranties, DoNotPay supplies information on used cars extended warranties or home warranties of America. Find out how to cancel a contract with American Home Shield and what to do if a dealer is refusing to cancel your extended warranty.
For additional services, open DoNotPay in your web browser and learn how to:
- Stop getting spam emails
- Make DMV appointments easily
- Register for clinical trials
- Skip waiting for a customer service rep
- Sue individuals and businesses in small claims court
- Dispute traffic tickets
- End subscriptions or memberships fast
- Deal with bills you can’t settle
- Dispute speeding tickets
- Get protection from spam texts
- Secure a refund from a business
- Get trials free of charge & risk-free
- Submit a warranty claim
- Keep in touch with incarcerated loved ones
- Get refunds and compensation for delayed or canceled flights
- Know what unclaimed funds are under your name
- Sign up for services without phone verification
- Avoid stalkers and harassers
- Claim robocall compensation
- Waive college application fees
- Shield your work from copyright infringement
- Handle credit card issues
- Contest parking tickets