Did an Optimum Internet Outage Cost You Money? Get Compensated with DoNotPay!
do more than keep us from watching our favorite streaming TV or playing our favorite multiplayer video game. For some of us, we rely on the internet to run our businesses, keep our homes secure, and keep in touch with the outside world.
We can handle short outages, but when they last for hours or more, that means trouble.
Did you know you can be compensated for losses if your internet goes out? It's possible if you file a claim on your own. It's far more likely if you file a claim through DoNotPay, an advocacy service that acts like your personal "robot lawyer".
How to Check for an Optimum Internet Outage
The first thing you should do when your internet goes down is to determine whether the problem is with the equipment in your home or place of business, loss of power to your equipment, or with the service itself.
- Unplug your router (don't just press the power button).
- Wait five minutes.
- Plug the router back in.
- Wait for it to restart and reboot (this can take several minutes).
- Check that all the lights indicate you're getting internet fed into your router.
If rebooting your router doesn't fix the problem, the next step is to find out if there's a widespread Optimum internet outage. If you have a cellular-enabled mobile device, go to optimum.net and sign in with your ID and password. Under Support, located in the upper right corner, click Service status. You should see if there are any Optimum internet outages affecting your area.
How to Get Compensated by Optimum On Your Own
This might take a while, and you have to decide if the time you spend pursuing a claim on your own behalf is worth it. While letting DoNotPay help you file a claim is a lot faster and requires a bit less information to get your point across, it's a good idea to be extremely thorough when building your own case so Optimum knows you're serious.
Gather Documentation to Support Your Case
- Your account number, billing address, and the name of the person on the account
- Whether yours is a business or residential account
- Dates, times, and length of the outage
- The steps you took to troubleshoot and identify the problem (including looking up the outage on the map)
- How the outage affected you
- Lost income
- Canceled remote meetings
- Canceled "game day" parties (with wasted entertaining costs)
- Losses resulting from interrupted security
This isn't a complete list. Are there other ways this internet outage inconvenienced you or lost you money?
- Compile your information and send it to Optimum Internet.
- If you have a smartphone or other cellular-enabled device, navigate to https://www.optimum.net/support/phone-list/.
- Choose the phone number corresponding to your area.
- Call and ask for the following information:
The name of the person in charge of claims
- The mailing and e-mail addresses of the person in charge of claims
- This person's direct phone line
We recommend sending in your claim via USPS First Class or Priority mail, as long as you purchase delivery confirmation. Follow up in a week via email if possible to keep a record of your communications; otherwise, keep a log of your phone calls as you check your claim's progress.
Be professional but be firm.
How DoNotPay Can Help You Get Compensated by Optimum
If you want to get compensation for an outage but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 9 easy steps:
- Go to the Outage Refunds product on DoNotPay.
- Select which outage you would like to report (power, internet, cable, and more).
- Select your internet provider and enter your account number.
- Indicate when the Optimum outage started and how long it lasted.
- Verify your account information.
- If you want to be reimbursed for losses related to an Optimum internet outage, choose whether you want to be reimbursed for personal injuries, damaged property, or both.
- Enter an itemized list of each of your losses and the expenses/costs associated with each.
- Upload documents or photographic evidence that proves your losses. Also add the names of any witnesses who can attest to your losses if possible.
- Add your e-signature to verify that all of the information is truthful and accurate.
Does DoNotPay Help With Other Types of Outages?
Yes. We'll help you file a claim with any power or internet service provider across the United States, including these:
What Else DoNotPay Can Do For You
- Robocall compensation
- Neighbor complaints
- Jump the phone queue for any company
- Get help with bills
- File insurance claims
- File a customer complaint
- Appeal parking tickets in any city
Why Should You Use DoNotPay?
|Fast||You don't have to spend hours trying to solve the issue.|
|Easy||You don't have to struggle to fill out tedious forms or keep track of all the steps involved in solving your problem.|
|Successful||You can rest assured knowing we'll make the best case for you.|
You pay a premium for consistent, quality internet service. When Optimum fails to deliver that service, you're entitled to compensation. Let's get started today.