How to Handle OGE Power Outage: Checking Possible Outages and Claiming Compensation
Oklahoma Gas & Electric (OG&E) is one of the largest power providers in Oklahoma, with about 850,000 active clients. It is most reliable, but it is not immune to a power outage. An can lead to huge losses and other devastating effects, as will be discussed later.
Fortunately, you can do something about a power outage. What's more, DoNotPay can help you get the power restored and claim compensation for losses! Here is an overview of what to do about a power outage in your area.
How to Check OG&E Power Outages
OG&E tries to notify its clients whenever there are scheduled or unscheduled outages. However, this service is only directly available to users who subscribe to the company's myOGEalerts service.
You can also check an by calling the company's customer service desk on the OG&E power outage phone number. There are separate lines for residential and commercial users depending on their location, as listed below:
- Residential users in Oklahoma City can call 405-272-9741.
- Residential users outside Oklahoma City can call 800-272-9741.
- Business users in Oklahoma City can call 888-988-9747 or email email@example.com
The telephone lines are only active from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. However, the email address is active 24/7. You will also be glad to learn that the company responds to emergencies.
OG&E also encourages its clients to report unscheduled power outages that may have gone undetected. Users in Oklahoma City can call through 405-272-9585, while users outside the city can call through 800-522-6870. You can also notify the company of a power outage by texting "OUT" to 32001.
OG&E also has an active System Watch Map, which is essentially an OG&E power outage map that automatically updates all power outages. You can visit the map and zoom in on your location – however, you must first register for the myOGEalerts service to use these maps. However, it is worth noting that all these processes can be tedious and take a lot of time.
How to Get Compensated for an Outage
OG&E power outages can result in economic losses for residential and commercial users. Common losses may include:
- Damaged electrical appliances from power failures and surges.
- Not being able to work, especially for commercial users who rely on power.
- Spoiled food and other perishables in refrigerators and freezers.
- Injuries from accidents caused by power failure.
- Loss of life because of compromised medical devices, such as life support machines.
You deserve compensation for financial losses (and other losses) resulting from OG&E power outages. Unfortunately, the company doesn't offer guidelines on how customers can go about claiming compensation. Fortunately, DoNotPay is here to help.
Next Steps for OG&E Power Outage if You Can't Do It Yourself
OG&E doesn't offer guidelines on claiming compensation, as explained. You have two options if the company's avenues fail:
|Legal Action||You can hire an attorney and sue OG&E for damages and financial loss. However, this option is costly, lengthy, and often messy.|
|Utilize DoNotPay||You can also utilize DoNotPay to claim compensation. DoNotPay handles everything at a fraction of the time and cost of the main avenues, as will be explained later.|
How to Get Your Power Restored
OG&E works fast to restore power after outages. The company prioritizes the most vulnerable and essential users when fixing mass power outages. Vulnerable and essential users include hospitals, fire departments, police stations, and vulnerable neighborhoods. It is worth noting that the company's restoration times determine the extent of your losses, as discussed earlier.
Solve the OG&E Power Outage With the Help of DoNotPay
Checking and reporting power outages is easy. However, getting the power restored and claiming compensation can seem futile when utilizing standard channels. However, DoNotPay makes it easy by essentially automating the process in nine easy steps:
- Go to the Outage Refunds product on DoNotPay.
- Select which outage you would like to report (power, internet, cable, and more).
- Select your energy provider and enter your account number.
- Indicate when the outage started and how long it lasted.
- Verify your account information.
- If you want to be reimbursed for losses related to a power outage, choose whether you want to be reimbursed for personal injuries, damaged property, or both.
- Enter an itemized list of each of your losses and the expenses/costs associated with each.
- Upload documents or photographic evidence that proves your losses. Also, add the names of any witnesses who can attest to your losses if possible.
- Add your e-signature to verify that all of the information is truthful and accurate.
Why Use DoNotPay to Solve the OG&E Power Outage
DoNotPay makes you a deal you cannot refuse. The platform makes claiming your compensation from OG&E:
- Easy – you don't have to lift a finger after submitting your claim with DoNotPay.
- Quick – solutions come faster than expected.
- Successful – your likelihood of succeeding against OG&E increases exponentially when using DoNotPay.
DoNotPay Works Across All Companies/Entities/Groups With the Click of a Button
Do you get your power from a different power utility company? Don't worry, as DoNotPay also has solutions for other companies, including:
DoNotPay is also the go-to solution for a wide range of problems involving companies across multiple industries. The company helps with issues such as internet outages, credit card problems, lost passwords, power outages, obtaining official business and personal documents, and more.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay offers solutions to a wide range of problems, as explained. Some of the platform's other services include:
We encourage you to get in touch, tell us about your problem, and learn more about how we can help. DoNotPay is always here for you.