How to Get Your Medical Records From Northside Hospital
Everyone should have a copy of their medical records. For their own personal records, for future medical care providers, and for family in case of emergency, it's important to have a copy of your entire medical history, or as much as you can acquire. Since 1996, you've had the right to request and receive your medical records from current and past medical providers.
In 1996, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act was passed to ensure that patients had a right to their own data. As the name of the act suggests, the purpose is to ensure that you can migrate to new insurance and healthcare providers with your records intact. DoNotPay can help get your without the hassle of precisely filling out each form.
Northside Hospital Medical Records
There are four different Northside Hospitals in Georgia. The good news is that they share a medical records request system and support line.
- Northside Hospital Atlanta (Atlanta, GA)
- Northside Hospital Forsyth (Cummings, GA)
- Northside Hospital Cherokee (Canton, GA)
- Northside Hospital Gwinnett and Duluth (Lawrenceville, GA)
Why You Need Your Medical Records
You need to have your medical records on-hand for:
- Personal records
- Know your history
- Avoid duplicate procedures
- Quick digital reference
- Medical emergencies
- Family providing your medical history after an accident
- New doctors and medical providers
- New insurance providers
How to Request Medical Records from Northside Hospital
Here are the steps to get your :
- Navigate to the Request Medical Records page
- Download the Authorization Form for Release of Medical Records and Information PDF
- Fill out the form
- Mail the form to your nearest hospital records information service.
|Northside Hospital||Mailing Address|
|Atlanta||Release of Information Health Information Services
Northside Hospital Atlanta
5780 Peachtree Dunwoody Road NE, Suite 150
PO Box 11
Atlanta, Georgia 30342
|Forsyth||Release of Information Health Information Services
Northside Hospital Forsyth
2000 Howard Farm Drive
Cumming, GA 30041
|Cherokee||Release of Information Health Information Services
Northside Hospital Cherokee
450 Northside Cherokee Boulevard
Canton, GA 30115
|Gwinnett and Duluth||Gwinnett Resource Center
665 Duluth Highway, Suite 101
Lawrenceville, GA 30046
How to Track Your Medical Record Request from Northside Hospital
How do you know if your medical records request is being processed? There are three ways to check the progress of your medical records request and find out if any additional information or authorization is needed to receive your records.
- Online. If you receive a tracking code, you can request an ID number to log in and track through ROILog.
- Phone. Call MRO at 610-994-7500 to speak with a representative.
- Email. Send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or ROIRequest@northside.com.
How to Transfer Medical Records to Northside Hospital
To bring your old medical records into Northside Hospital as a new provider, you'll need to acquire your records from your previous doctor or provider. Once this is done, you can submit your new medical records to Northside Hospital records. Consider calling ahead or sending an email so your transfer medical records are received safely.
Does Northside Hospital Charge for Medical Records?
Northside hospital does not appear to charge for the release or transfer of medical records. The medical records help page makes no mention of payment, fees, or assessment of payment in the copy. The request form also includes no mention of pay.
This is good news, as you can receive your medical records without the hassle or cost of a fee. However, there is still the precision and trouble associated with mailing a physical form to request your medical records.
How to Get Your Medical Records from Northside Hospital with DoNotPay
How can DoNotPay help get your medical records if your DIY method doesn't work? It's simple: we're great at paperwork and have a large supply of stamps.
You let us know which hospital you'd like your medical records back from and we'll take care of the tedious part. With your guidance, we'll print out a perfectly designed and filled-out records request form. We'll mail it to the right address and we'll help you keep track of your records status.
How to Request Medical Records Using DoNotPay
DoNotPay has seen these requests before and knows how to write your health care provider a simple, clear, and effective letter that will get your legally-guaranteed health records for you in no time.
- Look up medical records on DoNotPay's website.
- Enter the name of the health care provider you'd like to receive medical records from.
- Answer a few questions about your provider and where you'd like to send the records.
DoNotPay Can Help With Medical Records Anywhere in the US
DoNotPay can help you access medical records anywhere in the US. Know more about the following:
- How Long are Medical Records Kept?
- How to Request Medical Records
- How to Get My Medical Records
- Electronic Health Records
- Medical Records Release Form
- Cleveland Clinic Medical Records
- Kaiser Medical Records
- Mercy Medical Records
- Baptist Medical Records
What Else Can DoNotPay Do to Save You Time?
What else can DoNotPay do to help you? Cutting the red tape on difficult tasks is what we do best. Here are just a few more helpful services that you might find useful from dozens of online tools to choose from.
- Advance Health Care Directive
- File an Official Complaint
- Get Help Paying Bills
- Request Sick Leave
- Get Your Birth Certificates
- Sue in Small Claims Court