Dispute Miami Dade Traffic Tickets and Win Effortlessly
Millions upon millions of drivers are ticketed every year, and many of them are right here in Florida. If you received a Miami Dade traffic ticket, you may be wondering if there's any way to get out of paying. In fact, there is.
According to Florida Traffic Laws, hundreds of thousands of Florida drivers get at least one traffic ticket every year. Traffic violations are classified as moving or non-moving, and some are even classified as criminal.
Miami Dade Traffic Ticket Information
In Dade County, paper traffic tickets are written in quadruplicate and issued for a variety of infractions. Exceeding the posted speed limit is a big reason that Miami drivers are ticketed, but it's not the only one. You can also be ticketed for:
- Driving over a fire hose
- Driving under the influence of an intoxicant
- Driving with a suspended license
- Failure to follow seatbelt laws
- Failure to signal
- Failure to stop at a stop sign
- Following too closely
- Leaving the scene of an accident
- Making a turn into the wrong lane
- Operating a log cart, tractor, or well machine on a hard-surfaced roadway
- Parking more than 12 inches from the curb
- Passing in a no-passing zone
- Reckless driving
This is not a complete list of reasons you could be ticketed, but it will give you a good idea of what kinds of driver errors can get you in trouble with the law. If you get a Miami Dade traffic ticket, you'd best deal with it right away, because if you put it off, the penalty will only get worse. You could even lose your license to drive.
What to Do if You Get a Parking Ticket in Miami Dade County
According to the Miami-Dade County Clerk of the Courts, traffic citations given to a vehicle are presumed to be received by the owner of the vehicle and must be paid in full within 30 days of the citation date, otherwise the fees increase.
For instance, local parking citation fees are as follows:
|Displayed for Sale||$104|
|Displayed for Sale - repeat violations||$504|
|Freight Curb Loading||$79|
|Overtime and Restricted Parking||$36|
|Unlawful Parking in "Disabled Permit Only" space||$253|
|Unlawful Parking/Blocking Disabled Access||$153|
After 30 days, and they remain unpaid, the fees are increased:
|Displayed for Sale||$134|
|Displayed for Sale - repeat violations||$504|
|Freight Curb Loading||$98|
|Overtime and Restricted Parking||$46|
Trial by Written Declaration
If you were not the legal owner of the vehicle at the time of the citation, here’s what you can do:
- You may complete and submit a notarized affidavit to transfer liability.
- You may also request an administrative review or traffic court hearing, as long as you do so within the allotted time.
- You may also request a Motion for Relief with which you can ask for removal of late fees, request a payment plan, or ask for dismissal of the whole thing. Complete the form and send it along with a copy of your driver's license to:
Parking Violations Bureau
22 NW First St. 4th Floor
Miami, FL 33128
Alternately, you can send the Motion for Relief with a copy of your driver's license via email to parkingCOC@MiamiDade.gov
Traffic tickets are somewhat different than parking citations are dealt with accordingly. If you have a civil traffic violation, you may satisfy your obligation to the court by attending traffic school and submitting a form of completion to the Clerk of the Courts within 120 days.
Criminal violations such as driving under the influence or knowingly driving with a suspended license require a court hearing. You can find your court date on the ticket itself or by calling 305-275-1111. If you fail to make your court appearance, a bench warrant may be issued for your arrest.
An Easier Way to Contest a Traffic Ticket in Miami-Dade County
Here’s what to do:
- Log-in to DoNotPay and go to the Ticket Disputes category. Select the correct product based on your traffic ticket.
- Upload a photo of your citation.
- Provide us with some details on why you believe the citation issued is a mistake.
- Select whether or not you want the letter mailed to the traffic ticket issuer on your behalf!
- That's it! You'll receive an appeal letter that contains state vehicle codes to boost your case.
DoNotPay's Traffic Ticket Fighting System Works Everywhere in the US
If you need help disputing a traffic ticket, you will be pleased to know that DNP works as well in Miami as it does in New York City. We assist with all sorts of traffic issues, including:
- Contest traffic tickets in Las Vegas
- Appeal traffic tickets in Los Angeles
- How to fight a traffic ticket without a lawyer
Once we've disputed your Miami Dade traffic ticket, browse our site to see all the other ways DoNotPay can simplify your life. If you need help with something you don't see listed, join us and tell us how we can assist you.