How to Get Your Manatee Memorial Hospital Records With Less Hassle
There are plenty of reasons why you might need to obtain a copy of , like if you are moving away from Bradenton, FL, using multiple doctors for your care, or compiling a family medical history.
Although you can find most test results and patient visit summaries on the Manatee Memorial patient portal, you may need a complete copy of your medical records, which can be harder to obtain due to HIPAA regulations and restrictions. DoNotPay will walk you through the manual way to obtain your medical records, as well as the easier way.
Understanding Manatee Memorial Hospital Medical Records Policies
Although you can easily access most of your Manatee Memorial records on the patient portal, the hospital also keeps a physical copy of your complete medical records in the Health Information Management Department. These records are not released to anyone without the patient's written consent, except if required by law. To obtain your complete medical records from Manatee Memorial, you must fill out an authorization form to give your consent.
If you need to obtain someone else's medical records, like in the case of the death of a loved one, you will need to call the Release of Information Office at 941-745-7309 to get the information and forms you need to process this request.
Can I Access My Medical Records Through the Manatee Memorial Patient Portal?
Yes, in most cases, you can access your medical records on the Manatee Memorial patient portal, which is called Health Records Online. If all you need is to see your own , you can see the digital copy on Health Records Online. This will include your information about:
- Lab results
- Radiology reports
- Health issues
- Summaries of care
How to Request Your Medical Records From Manatee Memorial Hospital
The Release of Information Office at Manatee Hospital will release your completed medical records to you once they have your written authorization. To request a complete copy of medical records from Manatee Memorial Hospital, here is what you can do:
- Download the Authorization for Use and Disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI) form and print it out.
- Fill out the form with your accurate information. This form includes your name, address, and authorization date. It also includes the "Description of information to be used or disclosed" where you can define what authorization you are granting, what information is included in the released records, and if you grant permission for more sensitive information, like an HIV testing result, to be released.
- Sign and date the form.
- Bring a printed and completed copy of your authorization form to the Release of Information Office, along with a government-issued ID, like your driver's license or passport.
- Alternatively, you can fax a copy of your authorization form and a photo-copied picture of your driver's license to 941-745-7226. You could also mail it to the address listed below instead.
Manatee Memorial Hospital Medical Records Contact Information Table
|Click "Medical Records" on the Contact Us page to email Melissa.email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Release of Information Office Address||Manatee Memorial Hospital, 206 Second Street East, Bradenton, FL 34208|
How to Transfer Medical Records to Manatee Memorial
If you have seen doctors or other medical practitioners outside the Manatee Healthcare System, you will likely have to transfer your previous medical records. Although the Manatee Memorial website does not clearly outline how to do this, you can either:
- Call the Medical Records/Health Information Management Office at 941-745-7909 before your visit to get more information about transferring your medical records to Manatee Memorial.
- Give your doctor at Manatee Memorial Hospital your previous doctor's name, address, phone number, and fax number, and the hospital will likely be able to take care of transferring your old medical records for you.
Is There a Fee for Manatee Memorial Hospital Medical Record Requests?
The patient portal at Manatee Memorial Hospital, Health Records Online, is completely free to use. You can access, download, and print your electronic health records for free on Health Records Online. There are also no fees for records copied at the request of a healthcare provider or a patient who wants their medical records transferred to another doctor.
However, there is a fee if you need the search or duplication of your medical records for attorney requests, personal reasons, or if requested by your insurance.
Discover the Easiest Way to Get Your Manatee Memorial Hospital Records With the Help of DoNotPay
Requesting your medical records from Manatee Memorial Hospital can be confusing and time-consuming, but it doesn't have to be. With DoNotPay, you can complete this medical records release form process in three easy steps.
DoNotPay has seen these requests before and knows how to write your health care provider a simple, clear, and effective letter that will get your legally-guaranteed health records for you in no time.
- Look up medical records on DoNotPay's website.
- Enter the name of the health care provider you'd like to receive medical records from.
- Answer a few questions about your provider and where you'd like to send the records.
Get Your Medical Records From Any Hospital or Doctor With DoNotPay's Help
Whether you're wondering how long are medical records kept or how to get your medical records from another hospital, DoNotPay has the answer. With DoNotPay, it always takes three easy steps to get your medical records from any hospital, such as:
- Baptist medical records
- Mercy medical records
- Cleveland Clinic medical records
- Kaiser medical records
Enjoy More Helpful Solutions From DoNotPay
There are many more things that DoNotPay can help you with other than helping you obtain your medical records from Manatee Memorial Hospital easily. Explore some other time-saving things we can do for you:
- File a complaint against any company or person
- Get help with bills
- Advance health care directive
- Sue anyone or any company in smalls claims court
- Request sick leave from work
- Get help with birth certificates
for DoNotPay today to receive fast and easy solutions to your daily problems.