How To Get the Best out of Macy’s Refund Policy
With more than 700 stores all around the USA and 160 years of splendid career, Macy’s is one of the most prominent branches of Macy’s Inc. corporation. Yet, numerous available benefits and an excellent reputation don’t exclude specific cases of dissatisfaction. Whether it’s a faulty dress, a few scratches on a bag or just being disappointed with your choice—you deserve your funds back.
Available Ways in Which You Can Request a Refund from Macy’s
Like most fashion retail companies (but also retailers in general), Macy’s refund terms & conditions propose a few possibilities to return the unwanted goods and apply for a refund. As per the rules of their returns policy, you can opt for one of the following ways:
Can You Request a Refund Via
|In Person (In-Store)||
|Via Return Pickup||
How To Return the Unwanted Item To the Store
This alternative is practicable only in case you wish to return the products purchased in Macy’s shops. You can proceed as follows:
- Search for the nearest Macy’s shop using the store finder option on the official website
- Bring the receipt and the product in question (in case you have a valid receipt)
- Provide the shop assistant with the necessary details so they can locate your purchase within the system (in case you don’t have a valid receipt)
- Wait for the confirmation that your refund has been processed
The money will automatically go to your original payment method.
How To Return the Unwanted Item via Mail
This is the method that works only for the items bought online—and here are the actions you need to take:
- Locate your order by logging into your account or completing the form on the Easy Returns page
- Choose the products that you wish to return
- Go to Returns and choose Return Info & Label
- Print the generated confirmation page and mailing label by pressing the Print Return Label button
- Put your goods in a box along with the confirmation sheet
- Place a mailing label on the outside of the parcel and take it to the post office
I Can’t Go to the Store or the Post Office. How Can I Return the Macy’s Items and Get a Refund?
Thanks to Macy’s partnership with delivery companies, it’s feasible to schedule a Return Pickup. What you need to be aware of is the following:
- Only the parcels that don’t exceed the maximum size (40x24x12) can be taken by the courier
- It’s not possible to perform this option on the items that were ordered online but picked up in-store, as well as on mattresses and pieces of furniture
- Return Pickup service will cost you $6.95
You should proceed as follows:
- Sign in to your account
- Find the order in question and mark the products you wish to send back
- Select Return Pickup option
- Set the date and the time when you want the driver to come and pick up your parcel
- Print the return sheet, as well as the mailing label
- Include the return label in your parcel and stick the mailing label to the box on the outside
- Wait for the driver to come and pick up your parcel
How Can DoNotPay Assist You in Getting Your Money Back?
At times, Macy’s phone line might get over-engaged as this channel is the only way of communication between buyers and customer support. This is why the founders of DoNotPay have thought of the perfect way to have your back while fighting this type of hassle.
The full process of resolving this matter includes the following steps:
- Run DoNotPay in your
- Go to your profile and scroll down to the File a Chargeback unit
- Choose the Get Protected subsection
- Enter all the details the chatbot requires and confirm payment and merchant info
- Choose the option of sending the dispute letter yourself or having it done by DoNotPay
- Verify your signature and click on the pink Sign and Submit button
What sets DoNotPay apart from other apps is the fact that we don’t leave your situation to chance. The app forwards the automatic letter to your bank via fax and provides you with valuable credit card reason codes to help you resolve this issue.
How Long Does It Take Macy’s To Refund Your Goods?
When you decide to send the item(s) back via mail, the refund will be processed as soon as the warehouse or the store receives your parcel. Note that the money might need a few extra days to appear on your bank account balance after the refund procedure is done.
If you decide to return the unwanted goods to the store, the shop assistant will accept and process your request right away. You will have to wait several business days for the cash to go back to your original method of payment.
Get Familiar With Macy’s Refund Policy
A good thing about the Macy’s refund rules is that they are quite simple:
- It’s possible to return the goods 90 days from the purchase date
- All the returns are free except for Returns Pickup
- In case when you received a gift that was purchased in Macy’s store or online, you can get a refund in the form of store credit
For any specific questions or dilemmas related to the refund policy or any other issue that might emerge, you can contact customer service on 800-289-6229.
Situations in Which You Won’t Be Entitled To Receive a Refund From Macy’s
There are certain exceptions when it comes to the period within which some goods have to be returned. Items such as Apple products, Area rugs, dresses, Finish Line shoes, and a few other ranges have somewhat shorter return periods, mostly 14 and 30 days after the purchase date. Cases in which a refund won’t be an option include:
- Products in a bad condition
- Products without a regular or hygiene tag
- Cosmetics that were used more than a couple of times
- Worn dresses
- Custom orders
- Beauty Box items
Happy With This Outcome? Check Some Other Benefits DoNotPay Can Provide You With
Our app comes in handy when it comes to all those boring and exhausting procedures you would rather skip. Not only can you consider requesting a refund from other retailers such as Wish, USPS, or eBay, but you can try out numerous other great features as well. These include amazing virtual credit cards that are perfect for avoiding free trial auto-renewals and tips for avoiding parking tickets or lowering your bills. You can achieve all that from the comfort of your home, using your —there you can find features that will help you with:
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Jumping the phone queue when getting in touch with customer service reps
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Getting revenge on robocalls
- Dealing with issues with credit cards
- Scheduling a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Canceling subscriptions or memberships
- Suing people and companies in small claims court
- Dealing with bills you are unable to pay
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Getting refunds and chargebacks from companies
- Getting compensation for delayed or canceled flights
- Contesting parking tickets
- Getting rid of spam mail forever
- Signing up for free trials risk-free
- Getting rid of spam text messages