How to Request Long Beach Memorial Hospital Medical Records Easily
Any time you switch to a new hospital or healthcare practitioner, they will likely ask you for a copy of your medical records. Providing your new practitioner with your medical records will ensure they are familiar with your past healthcare needs, as well as be able to give you the care you require.
If you are a past patient of Long Beach Memorial Hospital and you need to obtain your medical records for your new doctor or for other reasons, doing so can be relatively simple. This DoNotPay guide will help you learn more about medical records and how to request your medical records, as well as offer an alternative to trying to request your on your own.
Why Might I Need Medical Records From Long Beach Memorial Hospital?
There are a number of valid reasons to request access to your medical records at Long Beach Memorial Hospital. They could include:
- Choosing a new healthcare provider
- Health insurance billing reasons
- Choosing life insurance coverage
- Putting together a family medical history
- For your personal records
- Providing data for health studies or legal proceedings
- Avoiding duplicate procedures
As a patient, you have the right to request and get access to your personal medical records, and you can grant access for others to request your medical records as well. However, there are a few types of medical records that may involve your care or medical history that you are not legally entitled to view.
Which Medical Records Can’t I Access?
While the majority of your are available to you whenever you need them, there are a few cases where you may not be allowed access to some. These may include:
- Psychotherapy notes or any mental health notes that may put you in danger
- Records about a health facility that does not specifically relate to your own healthcare
- Medical records that include information about another person
- Medical records that have been subpoenaed or are currently being used in a lawsuit
- Records that contain medical research that has not yet been finished
How Do I Request Medical Records from Long Beach Memorial Hospital?
Long Beach Memorial Hospital provides many ways for you to request access to your medical records. Medical records are kept for at least seven years in the state of California, so if you are within this time period, you should have no problem accessing your records.
A medical records release authorization form must be completed to request your medical records, which can be found on their website. You can access your medical records in the following ways as an electronic copy or physical copy. Keep in mind that Long Beach Memorial Hospital will bill you $0.25 per page for paper copies of your medical record.
|Long Beach Memorial Hospital Medical Records Department 2801 Atlantic Avenue Long Beach, CA 90806|
If you have created an online account with Long Beach Memorial Hospital, you can through their patient portal by logging into your account. You can also call to request your records and give authorization. Or, you can send your authorization form via fax or mail.
The process of requesting medical records can be time-consuming and confusing, especially if you do not have access to an online account. The timeline for when you will receive your medical records is often unknown. To streamline this process for you, DoNotPay has developed the Request Medical Records product to help you quickly and successfully get access to your medical records without needing to take any unnecessary steps.
DoNotPay Can Help You Get Your Medical Records More Quickly
If you need to request your medical records from Long Beach Memorial Hospital and you aren't sure where to start, DoNotPay can get you going in 3 simple steps:
- Look up medical records on DoNotPay's website.
- Enter the name of the health care provider you'd like to receive medical records from.
- Answer a few questions about your provider and where you'd like to send the records.
And that's all there is to it! DoNotPay will reach out to any medical provider in any state to obtain your medical records on your behalf. Whether you need the medical records for personal use or you need them transferred to a new provider, we can get you the help you need.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do to Simplify Your Life?
DoNotPay will help you get access to medical records from hospitals and clinics all across the country. Our Request Medical Records product can be used for the following facilities:
And hundreds more! DoNotPay has been in the business of helping our customers simplify their lives when it comes to tasks like requesting medical records. Our products are designed to help take the hard work out of daily tasks, such as paying parking tickets and contacting the customer services department of the businesses you use.
We can also help you:
- Learn more about advance health care directives
- File a complaint against any company
- Set up automatic payments for your bills
- Request sick leave at work
- Obtain birth certificates
- Sue anyone in small claims court
Sign up for DoNotPay today to get started!