How to Request Your Lakeland Regional Medical Records
Your medical records are some of your most personal and valuable items. You have a right to your medical records thanks to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. That means that if you are embarking on a
- long-term medical journey or
- just had a check-up
anything in between, your medical records are yours and should be accessible to you anytime. That being said, claiming your medical records from , or any medical facility can be quite the challenge. Not to worry, however, DoNotPay can help you to request and receive your medical records.
Why Might You Need Copies of Your Medical Records
There are many reasons you may find yourself in need of your medical records. This means you will need to contact your provider, request the records, and have them securely sent to you. This can be a process that is both time-consuming and frustrating. This is where DoNotPay comes in. DoNotPay can help you to request, and obtain, your medical records from or any other medical provider. The reasons you may request medical records include the following:
- You are changing providers - Whether this applies to you or someone in your family, changing providers will go much smoother and more efficiently if you have your medical record available or sent to your new provider ahead of time.
- You have an appointment with a specialist - Specialists often request you obtain your medical records for them, so they have an overall perspective of your health and where you are at with it.
- You are moving - Moving often involves more than just a change of physical address, it often involves changing cities and states as well. That, of course, necessitates a change in your health insurance and your providers. Having your medical records with you, or at least available, and easily available for your new provider will make everything go smoother and much easier.
- You are handling the medical situation for one of your family members - Sometimes a member of your family, such as children or older people in your home, may require you to obtain their medical records for them in order to move forward with specialists or other doctors.
DoNotPay can help you to negotiate to obtain your medical records in a timely and appropriate manner whatever your reason for requesting them.
How Do You Request Your Medical Records From Lakeland Regional Health?
Requesting your medical records from Lakeland Regional Health can be quite the process. There are a couple of ways to process your medical records request and some information on your part that will be required. The following are the options available for you to request your medical records:
|Electronically||Go with Lakeland Regional Health Medical Center if you need and are requesting:
|By Mail||You may also obtain records by mail. You will need to fill out an authorization form in order to request your medical records in this manner.
You may send your form to:
Lakeland Regional Health
Attn: Release of Information/Health Information Management
1324 Lakeland Hills Blvd.
Lakeland, FL 33805
You may also email your form using the email address: ROI-HEALTHPORT@mylrh.org
Requesting your medical records through either option, electronically or via mail, can require some planning as wait times for records vary and information required to request forms can be time-consuming to compile as well. DoNotPay can help you to request and receive your medical records in a timely manner, so you can move on with your day and your healthcare.
How Can DoNotPay Help?
Requesting your medical records from Lakeland Regional, or any medical facility or medical practice can be time-consuming and often frustrating. DoNotPay has a plethora of experience in requesting medical records, along with working with medical practices and facilities. This enables us to write a letter requesting the medical information that is clear, concise, and helpful to both you and your medical provider. In addition, having DoNotPay help you is easier than ever. All you have to do is follow the simple steps below:
- Look up medical records on DoNotPay’s website.
- Enter the name of the health care provider you’d like to receive medical records from.
- Answer a few questions about your provider and where you’d like to send the records.
Moreover, DoNotPay doesn't only help you request information from Lakeland Regional. We can also help you find solutions to other challenges you may be facing such as:
- Advance Healthcare Directive
- File a Complaint
- Help with Bills
- Request Sick Leave
- Birth Certificates
- Small Claims Court
- Medical records
- Electronic health records
- Medical records release form
- Kaiser medical records
- How long are medical records kept
- How to request medical records
- Mercy medical records
- How to get my medical records
- Baptist medical records
- Cleveland clinic medical records
Your medical records are your personal property and obtaining them should not be difficult, although that often is the case. DoNotPay can help you to identify and implement solutions to many of the problems you face, including requesting your medical information from Lakeland Regional and any additional medical facility.