Reporting Potholes in Indianapolis Quickly and Easily
Indianapolis is a big city that sees plenty of harsh weather and yearly road salting. If you know anything about asphalt, you know that means some serious potholes. When the roads are busy, it's tough for the Indianapolis DOT to stay aware and get to fixing every pothole in the city. Still, it can be done if vigilant locals report the worst potholes so the city can prioritize repairs.
How can you handle ? First, you need to know what road you're on and whether it belongs to the state or the city. Only then can you tackle the reporting process with enough proof to sway city action. Or you can do it the easy way with DoNotPay.
How to Report an Issue to the City?
Determine If the Road is State or City Owned
The DOTs in our nation split responsibility by state and local municipality. Interstates, US highways, and state roads are controlled by the INDOT and they will need to receive reports for potholes there. All local roads should be reported to the city of Indianapolis. Report to the wrong office, and nothing will get done.
Report a Pothole to the City of Indianapolis
If your pothole is on a local or street road, there are three ways to report it.
|Interactive map report||
|Phone||Call the Mayor’s Action Center at (317) 327-4622|
|In-person||Visit the City-County Building in person to file a claim.
City-County Building 200 E Washington St.
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Report a Pothole to the State of Indiana
|Online||Report using the online Report a Concern form|
|Phone||Call the INDOT Customer Service line at (855) 463-6868|
Injured As a Result of a Pothole in Indianapolis? Sue the City for Compensation
Reporting potholes is important to keep the roads in good condition, but sometimes that pothole was more than a jostle or an inconvenience. If you were injured or in an accident as a result of a pothole in the road, you can (and should) file a claim against the city or state DOT for compensation. If your vehicle was damaged by a pothole, you can file a claim for that too.
Skip the hassle and run-around of the Indianapolis small claims court by using the DoNotPay Small Claims Court service instead. Check out how we can help you sue for compensation the easy way while focusing on what matters most: your recovery and repairs.
How Can I Gather Evidence to Prove My Damage Claim?
- Medical records from your doctor
- Photos of your vehicle after the damage
- Report from your mechanic on total vehicle damage
- Photos of the road damage
- Photos of any others damaged by the pothole
- Witness reports of accidents caused by the pothole
How to Use DoNotPay for Indianapolis Pothole Reporting
If you don't have time to hunt down the right road and submit city or state reports, we understand. If the DOT doesn't respond to your claim or the pothole still isn't fixed after a reasonable amount of time, DoNotPay can help. In fact, we can help avoid the hassle from the start with a simple, straightforward pothole repair system.
Let us deal with local government offices and get the job done so you don't have to. Don't know where to start reporting a pothole? DoNotPay has you covered in 6 easy steps:
- Go to the City Repairs product on DoNotPay.
- Choose one of the following options:
- Report a maintenance issue to the city
- Sue the city for compensation
- If you want to report an issue, choose which problem you would like to report (pothole, broken lights, etc.) and tell us more about when you first noticed the issue.
- If you want to request compensation, tell us whether you 1) suffered a personal injury, or 2) suffered from property damage. Then tell us more about the incident date, where it took place, and any expenses you have already paid. Include the names of witnesses if applicable.
- Upload supporting documents and other evidence files.
- Enter the amount you want to be compensated in damages and verify your e-signature.
What Do I Do if My First Claim Doesn't Get a Response?
If you or file a claim for injury and property damage, you might not hear back from them at all. The pothole might still be there. Your bills might still be unpaid. Don't worry. DoNotPay can submit an unlimited number of reports. You can submit more evidence and keep bothering the Indianapolis or INDOT as long as it takes to get your claim processed and that pothole filled.
DoNotPay has a high success rate in getting city repair reports filed and acted on because we know how to work the local system.
DoNotPay Can Help You Report All Types of Damage and Violations
Want to see your neighborhood and commute route cleaned up? Let DoNotPay help you with reporting all types of city damage or public violations. Report faulty stoplights, long-standing parking violations, illegal dumping, inside Indianapolis and across the country.
- Report a Streetlight Gone Out
- Report Graffiti
- Report Traffic Light Complaints
- Report a Parking Violation
- Report Handicap Parking Violations
- Report a Pothole
- Report Rats to the Health Department
- Report Illegal Dumping
- Report Traffic Light Damage
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can help you avoid all kinds of hassle and expenses. We specialize in dealing with government offices for you. Here are a few other things we can help you take care of:
- Notarize Any Document
- Standardized Legal Documents
- Insurance Claims
- Resolve a Parking Ticket
- Contact Government Representatives
- File a Complaint
Here at DoNotPay, we believe in making life easier and more affordable for everyone. Check out how we can help you and more today.