How to File a Police Report in Philadelphia
Filing a formal police report is one of the most important steps you can take after an incident. But as a victim or witness of a crime, you might be wondering how to file a police report in Philadelphia. Luckily, filing a police report for theft, assault, stolen vehicle, vandalism, etc., is relatively straightforward. It is even easier with DoNotPay, as we help you file a police report by taking you through all the necessary evidence and contacting the police on your behalf.
DoNotPay is a legal service, AI-powered app that helps you file a police report at the press of a button. It's the easiest way to file a police report for identity theft, hit and run, car accident, stolen phone, scam, stolen package, a stolen wallet, or stolen item.
Types of Crime Reports That Can Be Filed Online
Here are some examples of crimes that you should file a report for:
- Lost property
- Stolen vehicle
- Fraudulent use of credit card
- Identity theft
- Assault or battery
- Harassing phone call
- Vehicle damage or burglary
- Vandalism or graffiti
What Is Required to File an Online Report?
To file an online report:
- The incident must have happened within Philadelphia.
- You must have a valid email address.
- You must be the property owner or the employer/employee, or the parent/guardian of the property owner.
- The crime wasn't captured on video.
- You must be 18 years or over.
- You should have no idea who committed the crime.
- If you report graffiti, you'll need to upload its picture.
Keep in mind that intentionally filing a false police report is a crime.
How to File a Police Report in Philadelphia
There are different ways to file a police report in Philadelphia. The type of crime will largely influence the method you choose. For example, you'll call 911 for emergencies or crimes in progress or visit the police station for serious crimes. However, you can file your report online or call 311 for all non-emergencies. Here's how to how to file a police report in Philadelphia:
- Report a crime online: Philadelphia police department has a website that allows you to report a crime online. Browse through the site to find the crime you want to report, read through the requirements, and fill out an online form. You could also send an email to the commissioner's office at email@example.com.
- Report a crime by call: Alternatively, you can call the Philadelphia police to report a crime. For emergencies, dial 911, and for non-emergencies, dial 311. You can also call the police commissioner's office at 215.686.3280.:
- Report in-person: If you're reporting a serious crime or are near a police station, you can walk right in and report the crime.
Note: When selecting your report type online, take time to read the definitions and examples to ensure you're correctly reporting your incident.
What to Do if You Can’t File a Report Yourself
If you want to file a police report in Philadelphia but have no idea where to begin or don't want to go through the daunting process, DoNotPay can help. Through our new Police Report product, we'll walk you through all the necessary evidence and even contact the police on your behalf.
All you have to do is:
- Search "police report" on DoNotPay and select the type of incident you would like to report.
- Tell us more about the incident that occurred, including the location, date, time, and sequence of events. Include information on financial losses, personal injuries, or property damage that happened as a result.
- List any suspects or witnesses you are aware of, verify your contact information, and submit.
DoNotPay will file a police report to the police department in charge of the district the incident happened in. Your only work would be to sit back and wait to hear from the police with any questions or updates. This usually takes about two weeks.
Why Use DoNotPay to File a Police Report in Philadelphia?
You don’t have to worry about the process at all because DoNotPay files the police report on your behalf.
|Fast||You don't have to spend hours figuring out how to file a Philadelphia police report for stolen property, theft, battery, lost wallet, or graffiti.|
|Easy||You don't have to struggle to fill out tedious forms or keep track of all the steps involved in filing a police report for car vandalism in Philadelphia, etc.|
|Successful||You can rest assured knowing we'll make the best case for you.|
DoNotPay Solves Lots of Other Problems With a Click of a Button
DoNotPay can help you file a police report in Philadelphia for a lost wallet, graffiti, lost property, phone harassment, etc. However, we can also do so much more, like:
- Connect With an Inmate
- Contact Government Representatives
- Create a Power of Attorney
- Copyright Protection
- File a Complaint against Any Company
- Defamation Demand Letters
- Find Lost Items
- Neighbor Complaints
- Sue Anyone in Small Claims Court
With DoNotPay by your side, you won't need to worry about filing a Philadelphia police report. We take care of it so you can focus on other important things. Sign up today to take advantage of our new Police Report product.