How to File a Police Report Online in Baltimore County
With the violent crime index at 77.8 and property crime index at 67.6, Baltimore is ranked among the cities with the highest crime rates in the USA. The Baltimore County police are working around the clock to make the city habitable for you and me.
The Baltimore County police have open channels where you can file a crime report freely, including .
DoNotPay simplifies the process further by providing a way to file police reports in Baltimore City within minutes. Learn about the different ways of filing police reports and settle on the simplest and most convenient method with the help of DoNotPay.
How Do I File a Police Report in Baltimore City?
If you witness or are a victim of a crime in Baltimore, you can file a report through any of the following ways:
- Walk into the nearest police station
- File a police report online
- Make a call to the police
Here is a broken-down process on how to file the reports:
1. In-Person Police Report Filling
The Baltimore police department is divided into nine districts. If a crime happens near a police station, and you wish to report it, you need to find the police station in the district the crime happened in.
To locate a police station within your district:
1. Visit the Baltimore Police Department official website
2. Click on the 'file police report' button
3. Click on 'in-person: visit your district headquarters'
4. Input your residence address, and you will see the police station closest to you
After walking into the police station, the reception officer will guide you on how to file your report.
2. File a Police Report Online
Online police report filing is a decent innovation to help you file a police report easily and more conveniently. However, not all crimes can be reported online.
3. Make a Call to the Police Department
Instances such as automobile accidents, fire, animal attacks, and other cases which require instant attention of the police, fire department, or emergency medical assistance should be reported by phone.
If you spot an occurrence where the life of the victim is at risk, you should call 911 immediately at no cost.
What Types of Reports Can Be Filed Online?
You may report incidents such as:
|Missing or lost property
|If you lost an item, but you believe it was not stolen, such as forgetting your bag on the train
|Items such as your phone or other packages that were taken from your bag without your permission
|Destruction of property
|Such as breaking of windows and breaking into your property, but nothing is missing
|A car illegally parked in your neighborhood for more than 48 hours, with no legible registration
|If your parked car has been hit causing damage to your property, but there are no casualties.
Filing a report for each case is guided by a different set of guidelines. You cannot report a case online if the scenario has met any of these limitations:
- There is a known suspect
- There is evidence to be collected at the scene of the crime
- There was a note left on the scene of the crime
- The stolen packages include a license plate, motor vehicle, or firearm
- The property has a serial number that you have available to provide
- The lost property has a total value of $15,000 or greater
- The property was taken from inside a residential home, apartment, garage, shed, or institution while closed
- Graffiti was involved in the destruction of property
- Your vehicle was part of a property destruction scenario
- There were victims of a hit-and-run case
- The crime was motivated by hate or bias
What if I Can't File a Police Report Online on My Own?
Reporting crimes is the responsibility of every citizen. If you are unable to file a police report on your own, you need to seek assistance.
Beat the long queues in the police station and the complicated process of filing a police report online with the help of DoNotPay. DoNotPay provides you with the easiest and most convenient way of filing a police report with just a click of a button.
How to File a Police Report Online Using DoNotPay
If you want to file a police report but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in three easy steps:
- Search "police report" on DoNotPay and select the type of incident you would like to report.
- Tell us more about the incident that occurred, including the location, date, time, and sequence of events. Include information on financial losses, personal injuries, or property damage that happened as a result.
- List any suspects or witnesses you are aware of, verify your contact information, and submit.
Why You Should Use DoNotPay to Solve All Your Issues
DoNotPay works across all companies, government entities, and other groups to bring you solutions to all your issues. Our robotic lawyer is dedicated to bringing you fast, convenient, and reliable solutions for all your problems.
Apart from helping you , we offer the following services and more:
- Contact animal control
- Appeal for parking tickets in the city
- Renew your car registration
- Appeal for compensation for victims of crime
- Jump the phone line in any institution
Sign up on our website and solve all your issues in one place.