How to Request Your Medical Records From Hershey Medical Center
Health records are a detailed written account of a person's medical history. Doctors and caregivers use medical records, especially if the patient is suffering from a chronic illness, elderly, a child, or someone with a disability, to give them effective medical care.
Hershey Medical Center files your medical files for easy retrieval when you ask for them. It keeps a record of any medical services you receive in the facility. Hershey Medical Center is committed to protecting your personal medical information to avoid any manipulations linked to cybercrime and malicious individuals.
Accessing your Hershey Medical Center records is daunting due to the policies and procedures the hospital has instituted. In addition, the processes are time-consuming and sometimes intimidating when it is not clear who you should contact to get your medical records. Fortunately, DoNotPay helps you overcome the challenges you encounter while . DoNotPay's process is fast, automated, and convenient; hence highly recommended.
Types of Medical Records Restricted From Release at Hershey Medical Center
does not release some distinct medical files to anyone unless required by the law. These medical records include psychotherapy notes, genetic testing records, communicable diseases records, and court-ordered mental evaluation records.
How to Get Medical Records From Hershey Medical Center
You can access your health record from Hershey Medical Center online via its website or by dropping your completed request forms at its Health Information Service office. The "My Penn State Health" website helps you access and print your Hershey Medical Center medical records and all your test results.
You have to forward your request to the Health Information Service Office if you want to get hard copies of your medical records. The facility will mail your hard copies to your new healthcare service provider within 7 to 10 working days. Hershey Medical Center Contact Information is:
|Help center phone number
|717-531-6955 (locally) or 866-714-1735 (toll-free)
|Penn State Health - Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, 500 University Drive, Attn: HIM, Mail Code HU24, Hershey, PA 17033
How to Transfer Medical Records to Hershey Medical Center
You have to make an appointment with Hershey Medical Center to transfer your medical records to the facility. Follow the process below to transfer your medical records to Hershey Medical Center:
- Fill out an authorization form allowing your medical provider to share your documents with your new Hershey Medical doctor.
- Notify your previous doctor if the request is urgent.
- Specify the types of records you want to be included. Your doctor at Hershey Medical Center can advise accordingly to avoid being charged for unnecessary documents.
- Pay the required fee.
- Follow up with your doctor to make sure they have received your request, and the transfer of the medical records is in progress.
Does Hershey Medical Center Charge for Medical Records?
Hershey Medical Center does not charge for transferring medical records to other healthcare facilities. However, it charges you if you need your medical records for other purposes. The charges are as follows:
- Producing 1 to 5 pages is free
- Producing 6 to 20 pages will cost you $1.44 per page.
- Producing 21 to 60 pages will cost you $1.06 per page.
- Producing more than 61 pages will cost $.35 per page.
- Producing a Microfilm/Microfiche will cost you $2.12 per page
Accessing Hershey Medical Center Medical Records Using DoNotPay
The information recorded in the medical records belongs to you, and you have the right to access it whenever you want it. Having your medical records enables you to be a more informed patient, thus helping you control and improve your health. However, accessing medical records by yourself is difficult considering the hospital's bureaucracy and lengthy procedures.
You do not have to worry anymore when , as DoNotPay is here to help you. DoNotPay clears all your struggles by writing to Hershey Medical Center a simple, straightforward, and effective letter requesting them for your medical records.
How to Request Medical Records Using DoNotPay:
- Look up medical records on DoNotPay’s website.
- Enter the name of the health care provider you’d like to receive medical records from.
- Answer a few questions about your provider and where you’d like to send the records.
Does DoNotPay Work Across All Companies, Groups, or Entities?
DoNotPay works across all major companies to ensure optimal consumer satisfaction and justice. DoNotPay can help you access medical records from any health care provider in any state. It also provides you with other information on medical records and ways you can access your health records from other companies. Some of the information includes:
- Kaiser medical records
- How long are medical records kept
- How to request medical records
- Mercy medical records
- Electronic health records
- Medical records
- Medical records release forms
- How to get my medical records
- Baptist medical records
- Cleveland clinic medical records
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Helping you access your medical records is one of the many things DoNotPay does. DoNotPay also offers you other social and services, such as:
- Disputing seatbelt tickets
- Contacting embassies and consulates
- Fighting text spam
- Filing complaints against any company
- Finding discounts
Open the DoNotPay website, and access your Hershey Medical Center medical records in no time!