Have You Had a Frontier Internet Outage? They Might Owe You Money!
Internet outages can be inconvenient at best, and extremely expensive at worst. Either way, you may be eligible for compensation if you've experienced a .
The question is: Do you go it alone and deal with a possible runaround? Or do you get someone on your side who will act as a virtual lawyer? DoNotPay is just the advocate you need if you've lost revenue — or even time doing homework or playing Red Dead Redemption II with your buddies.
Before You Get Started on a Frontier Internet Outage Claim...
As soon as your internet goes down, it's a good idea to check that the outage isn't due to a power loss (and we can help you with that too) or a problem with your own equipment. Sometimes, restarting your router can solve the problem:
- Unplug your router.
- Wait five minutes.
- Plug the router back in and wait for it to reboot.
- Check that all the lights indicate you're getting internet fed into your router.
If you're sure the issue isn't a problem with your router, your next step is to find out if there's a Frontier Communications system outage. Since there are no outage maps on the Frontier Communications website, you might have to rely on the company's online Support Wizard. Sign in at https://frontier.com/helpcenter/supportwizard/troubleshoot/sign-in/get-started and follow the instructions to troubleshoot your issues. You could find out about any localized or widespread outages and get an estimated restoration time.
If the outage happened during business hours, you might have better luck contacting Customer Support:
|Residential Support contact page:||Use the interface to ask for a return call, or use the live chat.|
|Support contact page||Call 1-888-865-7204|
What Information You'll Need to File a Claim
Once you've figured out the source of the issue, you need evidence to back up your claim for a refund or compensation. Here's what documentation you want to have to support your case:
- Dates, times, and duration of the outage.
- What steps you took to identify the problem (including interaction with the Support Wizard or other forms of customer support).
- Whether the affected service location is a private home, home office, or place of business.
- How you were inconvenienced (this isn't necessary).
- The estimated loss of revenue or property.
In some cases, internet outages can result in break-ins as home security systems aren't working properly and criminals know it. Be sure to check the property for signs of break-ins or vandalism before you file your claim.
Get Compensated for a Frontier Internet Outage
Now that you've figured out how the Frontier Communications internet outage has affected you, it's time to gather your information and file a claim. You have two options: The DIY route, in which you figure out how and where to submit your claim, and through DoNotPay, who will do the tedious part for you.
Here's the information you need:
- The date, time, and length of the outage.
- The steps you took to troubleshoot the issue.
- Rebooting the router
- Calling customer support or using the Support Wizard
- Lost revenue.
- Missed academic or work deadlines.
- How you lost enjoyment of your internet.
If you also lost phone service, you may have missed important business calls. If you're in an area where cellular service is poor or nonexistent, you may have been without emergency call service at that time.
How to Get Compensation for an Outage on Your Own:
You can use the same avenues of communication you used when you looked into the outage, and keep checking in on your support ticket status, but we recommend sending in your claim with a physical letter. Of course, to get the physical mailing address for Frontier Communications' customer relations staff, you'll likely need to either call customer service or get the information out of the Support Wizard system.
Be sure to ask for the name of the person in charge of Customer Relations, and the phone number and mailing address for that person.
How to Get Compensation for a Frontier Communications Outage using DoNotPay (With a Greater Chance of Success):
If you want to get compensation for an outage but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 9 easy steps:
- Go to the Outage Refunds product on DoNotPay.
- Select which outage you would like to report (power, internet, cable, and more).
- Select your service provider and enter your account number.
- Indicate when the outage started and how long it lasted.
- Verify your account information.
- If you want to be reimbursed for losses related to a power outage, choose whether you want to be reimbursed for personal injuries, damaged property, or both.
- Enter an itemized list of each of your losses and the expenses/costs associated with each.
- Upload documents or photographic evidence that proves your losses. Also add the names of any witnesses who can attest to your losses if possible.
- Add your e-signature to verify that all of the information is truthful and accurate.
Does DoNotPay Help With Other Types of Outages?
Yes. We'll help you file a claim with any power or internet service utility in the United States, including these:
What Else DoNotPay Can Do For You
We don't just advocate for utility customers. Our "robot lawyers" can help you with the following headache-inducing challenges:
- Robocall compensation
- Neighbor complaints
- Jump the phone queue for any company
- Get help with bills
- File insurance claims
- File a customer complaint
- Appeal parking tickets in any city
Why Should You Use DoNotPay?
- Fast — We'll get your claim filed in the time you'd spend on hold with Frontier Communications Customer Support.
- Easy — You don't have to struggle to fill out tedious forms or deal with red tape.
- Successful — You can rest assured knowing we'll make the best case for you, and get you the compensation you deserve.
Are you ready to ? Let's get started today.