How to Get Copies of Your Froedtert Hospital Medical Records
Have you ever been treated at Froedtert Hospital in Wisconsin? Whether you were admitted or released after being seen in the emergency room, the hospital has a record of your visit. In fact, your Froedtert Hospital medical records contain information about every visit you've made to the facility.
When you visit another hospital, doctor, or medical facility, they'll ask questions about your medical background. If you have a copy of your , you can easily share them with your new medical team.
Although you have the right to obtain a copy of your medical records from Froedtert Hospital, and any other hospital, it's not easy. You'll have to follow the hospital's procedures in order to get your medical records, or the medical records of a child.
Getting copies of your medical records is easy with DoNotPay, and you can rest assured you'll get all your records with no hassle.
When Do You Need to Get Copies of Your Froedtert Medical Records?
The truth is, it's just a good idea to have a current copy of your medical records on hand. You should be well aware of everything that it contains so you can manage your health and your medical treatments better.
Some other reasons you may want your include:
- You're switching doctors or hospitals.
- You want to track your illnesses and treatments.
- You’d like to share it with close family (children, siblings, etc.).
- You intend to travel extensively.
- You want to ensure the records are up to date and accurate.
How to Request Your Froedtert Hospital Medical Records
Under federal law, you have the right to view and receive a copy of your medical records. Every hospital, doctor's office, and clinic you visit has specific rules about how those records are released. If you need your Froedtert Hospital records, you can request them in a number of ways including:
- Register for, and log into, your MyChart account to view and print your medical records, or
- Complete the Patient Request for Medical Records form and mail or fax your request to:
Attn: Health Information Management-ROI
9200 W. Wisconsin Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53226-3596
Note that if you need medical records from any other associated facilities, you'll need to follow the procedures for requesting your documents for each one.
How to Transfer Medical Records to Froedtert Hospital
If you've just moved to Wisconsin and you want to be treated at Froedtert Hospital, it's a good idea to transfer your current medical records to them. That way you won't experience any delays in treatment, or other issues when you do visit the hospital.
- Find out which medical records should be transferred to Froedtert.
- Sign a form authorizing the release of your medical records to Froedtert.
- Mail, fax, or submit your request online to the appropriate healthcare provider.
How Much Does Froedtert Hospital Charge for Medical Records?
Although some facilities won't charge for copies of your medical records, Froedtert Hospital isn't one of them. If you need your records, keep in mind that they charge per page. The costs are as follows:
|Number of Copies||Cost Per Page|
|1 - 25 Pages||$1.19|
|26 - 50 Pages||$0.89|
|51 - 100 Pages||$0.58|
Get Your Froedtert Hospital Medical Records With DoNotPay
The last thing you want is a hassle when you're trying to get copies of your medical records. Honestly, it should be a fast, easy process, but that's not always the case. Don't let it get you down. With DoNotPay, your medical records will be in your hands promptly.
DoNotPay has seen these requests before and knows how to write your health care provider a simple, clear, and effective letter that will get your legally-guaranteed health records for you in no time.
Here’s how to request using DoNotPay:
- Look up medical records on DoNotPay's website.
- Enter the name of the health care provider you'd like to receive medical records from.
- Answer a few questions about your provider and where you'd like to send the records.
Request Medical Records Anywhere With the Click of a Button
If you move, change doctors, or visit a new hospital, they need to see your previous medical history in order to care for you. No matter where you've lived or where you've been treated, DoNotPay can help you request your medical records easily. For example, get records from:
DoNotPay can also answer questions like “how long are medical records kept.”
Can DoNotPay Do Anything Else?
As impressive as helping you get your Froedtert Hospital medical records is, it's just one of the things the world's first robot lawyer can do. Here are some more:
- Create an Advance Health Care Directive
- Been Wronged? File a Complaint
- Past Due Bills? Get Help Now
- Ask Your Boss for Sick Leave
- Get Certified Copies of Birth Certificates
- File Suit in Small Claims Court
This list is still just a fraction of the ways DoNotPay can help you. Find out more by visiting DoNotPay today.