How to Easily File a Police Report Online in Fulton County
If you witnessed a crime or were the victim of one, you have to file a police report in Fulton County. Need help? DoNotPay has a solution.
If you see someone steal a package from your neighbor's doorstep, it should be reported to the police. After all, you would hope that your neighbor would do the same for you. The same goes if your phone, wallet, or other personal items are stolen. If you or your neighbor were scammed by a contractor, you must file a police report to prevent it from happening to others.
No matter how large or small, any crime that you are a victim of or witness needs to be reported. People who break the law need to pay the consequences of their actions. Traditionally, a police report for any crime had to be filed in person, either by having the police come to your home or by going to the police station. Fulton County now allows certain crimes to be reported online.
While the more serious crimes such as assault or murder will still need to be reported in person, crimes such as identity theft or minor accidents can be reported online.
What Types of Crimes can be Reported Online?
It is against the law to file a false police report. More serious crimes will need to be reported in person.
|Crimes that can be reported online|
|Crimes that require a 911 call||Fulton County does not allow the following crimes to be reported online.
You will need to call either 911 or (404) 658-6666 to report any of the following crimes:
If you file a false police report, you will be subject to fines and potential jail time. Filing false police reports is against the law.
How to File a Police Report in Fulton County on Your Own
Before attempting to file a police report online, be certain that it is one of the crimes they will accept online reporting for.
- Collect as much information as possible about what you saw or what happened to you.
- Go to https://www.atlantapd.org/
- On the Atlanta PD home page, you will see a link to File Report Online, click on the link to file a report online.
- Complete the requested information. Double-check your work to make sure you are not leaving out details.
- Check the crime you are reporting against the list of crimes they do not accept online reporting for.
- Make sure that your contact information is entered correctly. Submit the report.
- Print a copy of the report you submitted.
- If you remember more details, call Atlanta PD to get the report updated. Wait to be contacted for further information.
Remember, there are no victimless crimes. No crime is too small to report.
Next Steps to Filing a Police Report in Fulton County if You Can't Do It Yourself
If you have trouble filing a police report online, you do have options.
If you cannot file the report online, you can:
- Call the police department and attempt to file the report over the phone.
- Call the police to your home to record the information.
- Go to the nearest police department to report the crime in person.
- Go to DoNotPay.com and get started with a click of a button.
Save yourself from the hassle by using DoNotPay.
File a Police Report in Fulton County with the Help of DoNotPay
If you want to file a police report online in Fulton County but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 easy steps:
- Search "police report" on DoNotPay and select the type of incident you would like to report.
- Tell us more about the incident that occurred, including the location, date, time, and sequence of events. Include information on financial losses, personal injuries, or property damage that happened as a result.
- 3. List any suspects or witnesses you are aware of, verify your contact information, and submit.
Why Use DoNotPay to File a Police Report in Fulton County?
When you use DoNotPay to file a police report, you choose to do it the best way. DoNotPay is:
- Easy – Get started with DoNotPay with the click of a button. Nothing could be easier!
- Fast – Simply provide the details of the crime that you are reporting and let DoNotPay take care of the rest.
- Successful – DoNotPay is the best way to solve problems. They are successful because they make sure that everything is done right.
With DoNotPay, you don't have to worry about leaving out information. They make sure the report is complete before it is submitted.
DoNotPay Works Across All Areas With the Click of a Button
DoNotPay can help you solve a lot of issues. Do you need a birth certificate from another state? DoNotPay is there for you. If you need a copy of a birth or marriage certificate, DoNotPay can get you started with the click of a button. Are you going on vacation and need a fishing license in Florida? DoNotPay can get you set up before your trip.
DoNotPay is your go-to option for solving problems large and small.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can help you:
- Perform a sex offender search.
- File a claim in Small Claims Court.
- Standardized legal documents.
- File insurance claims.
Contact DoNotPay today and see how else we can help you.