File a Police Report in Los Angeles Easily With DoNotPay
In Los Angeles, it is important to file a police report if you have witnessed or experienced a crime, even if the crime is non-violent in nature. However, many people fail to file a report because it can be time-consuming and they worry that the crime they've experienced is not serious enough to report. With DoNotPay's File Police Report product, you can easily file a report in Los Angeles without having to figure out the police department's online reporting process, call the department, or appear in person.
Here’s a list of police reports that DoNotPay can help you with:
- How to file a police report for identity theft
- Filing a police report for a stolen package
- How to file a police report for a car accident
- Filing a police report for a hit-and-run
- How to file a police report for a stolen phone
- How to file a police report for a scammer
- How to file a police report for a stolen wallet
- How to file a police report for stolen items
What Types of Reports Can Be Filed Online?
The Los Angeles Police Department allows a number of different types of reports to be filed online, including:
|Harassing phone calls||Repeated phone calls or other types of electronic communication, such as emails or texts that are intended to annoy the recipient.|
|Minor traffic collisions||No one was injured and the drivers have exchanged the required information.|
|Hit-and-runs||When a driver causes damage to another vehicle and then leaves the scene of the accident without rendering aid or providing insurance and contact information to the other driver.|
|Lost property||Any type of property that was left unintentionally by its owner.|
|Vandalism||The malicious destruction of someone else's property.|
|Theft||Personal property taken from a publicly accessible location.|
|Identity theft||Using someone's personally identifying information to make purchases or obtain services.|
|Theft from a vehicle||Personal property taken from a vehicle, either locked or unlocked.|
What Is Required to File an Online Report in Los Angeles?
In order to file an online police report in Los Angeles, you must meet these eight criteria:
- The incident occurred in Los Angeles.
- The incident is not an emergency.
- No one was injured in the incident.
- No firearms were involved in the incident.
- You are at least 18 years old.
- The incident did not occur on a state highway.
- There are no known suspects.
- You have internet access and an email address.
How to File a Los Angeles Police Report on Your Own
There are several ways to file a report with the Los Angeles Police Department. Which way you choose depends on the nature of your circumstances.
If you are reporting a crime in which you or someone else has been injured or you are in immediate danger, you should report the crime by calling 911. Expect to be asked the location and nature of the emergency, as well as whether anyone at the scene is injured and whether you need a police officer on the scene.
You can also make a police report by phone through the use of the department's non-emergency number to report the following types of crimes:
- Crimes that are not currently happening, but for which you are a victim or a witness.
- Violations of protection orders that do not put you in physical danger, such as contact through social media.
You can also report any type of crime by appearing in person at your nearest police station. Be aware, however, that if you file a report in person, you will generally be required to wait at the station until an officer is available to help you.
You can make online reports using the department's online reporting tool. However, it should be understood that the department only reviews reports made on the Community Online Reporting Service about once every 24 hours, or longer on weekends or holidays. The report will take about five days to be approved. If you need to add more information to your report, you will be unable to do so online. Instead, you must wait for the final report and supply the information to the officer assigned to your case.
DoNotPay Has an Easier Way to File a Los Angeles Police Report
DoNotPay takes the hassle out of the process of reporting a crime by walking you through the evidence necessary and submitting the report on your behalf. If you want to file a police report in Los Angeles and you don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in three easy steps:
1. Search "police report" on DoNotPay and select the type of incident you would like to report.
2. Tell us more about the incident that occurred, including the location, date, time, and sequence of events. Include information on financial losses, personal injuries, or property damage that happened as a result.
3. List any suspects or witnesses you are aware of, verify your contact information, and submit.
That's it! DoNotPay will file the police report on your behalf to the Los Angeles Police Department. You should hear back from the police department for answers to any further questions and status updates within two weeks.
It should be noted that DoNotPay is not able to submit anonymous reports. You must provide your contact information in order to file a report using DoNotPay's product.
What Else Can DoNotPayDo?
Life is filled with the type of tasks you have to do but don't have time for. DoNotPay makes those tasks easy. In addition to allowing you a way to easily file a police report, take a look at some of the other services that are available through DoNotPay, such as:
To learn more about what you can do through DoNotPay, sign up or sign in today.