How to Request Your Fairfax Hospital Medical Records
is a great place to receive quality medical care. But with more than 900 beds and many satellite facilities, the medical records department certainly have their hands full.
Patients often need copies of their medical records for a number of reasons. These may include providing vaccination status, understanding personal health, or sharing with new providers.
Medical records are important to have, for your health, safety, and maybe even livelihood. All patients have the right to their personal health information, thanks to HIPAA.
HIPAA grants patients the right to their own information, but it also ensures providers protect patient privacy. These protections mean that not just anyone can request medical records.
Hospitals and healthcare providers need patients to go through the proper channels before disseminating personal health information, including medical records.
DoNotPay has a foolproof way of requesting medical records, including Fairfax Hospital medical records.
Does Fairfax Hospital Charge for Medical Records?
Although HIPAA guarantees patients have access to their medical records, it also allows providers to charge a fee. This fee is intended to reimburse providers for some of the cost of delivering the records. Patients may be charged for:
- Postage used to deliver the records
- The labor involved in copying the medical records (but not the labor involved in searching for the records themselves)
- Any other fees associated with copying the records
Fairfax hospital is within its rights to charge for medical records. However, they do not openly state whether or not medical records requests require payment. It is likely dependent on the type and length of the individual record. Fairfax hospital may charge for longer records.
Additionally, Fairfax hospital medical records requests are handled through the individual facility. Some of the Inova Fairfax locations may charge for medical records, while others may provide them for free.
How to Request Fairfax Hospital Medical Records on Your Own
Requesting medical records from Fairfax hospital may seem straightforward, but there are a lot of steps involved.
Here's how you request medical records from Fairfax hospital on your own:
- Navigate to their medical records website
- Download the request form in the language you desire
- Fill out the information request form
- Add your contact information
- Indicate which facility your records are from
- Choose what kind of records you need
- Indicate why you need your medical records
- Select your preferred method of delivery (electronic, mail, fax, etc.)
- Below the list of forms, click the arrow next to the facility you are requesting from
- Mail or fax the form based on the contact information provided for your facility
Some of the facilities require forms to be faxed, while others accept forms by both fax and mail.
Birth certificates are held at the Virginia Vital Records department, and should not be requested through the medical records department.
Here is the contact information for Fairfax Hospital:
|Request Medical Records Webpage
|3300 Gallows Road
Falls Church, VA 22042-3300
Although requesting the forms seems straightforward, doing it on your own means you'll need access to a printer, fax machine, and maybe a stamp. Not many people use snail mail regularly. Fax machines are even rarer. Instead of doing all that on your own, let DoNotPay help.
Requesting Fairfax Hospital With DoNotPay
Requesting medical records from Fairfax hospital doesn't have to be complicated. Instead of filling out the forms and mailing them yourself, get DoNotPay to do all the heavy lifting.
Why use DoNotPay
Instead of printing and mailing forms yourself, DoNotPay can do all that. DoNotPay's service is:
- Fast. No need to find a stamp, print out forms yourself, or mail them
- Easy. DoNotPay already knows exactly what to do and how to do it
- Successful. DoNotPay's product works across all types of healthcare providers, including Fairfax Hospital
How to use DoNotPay
DoNotPay has seen these requests before and knows how to write your health care provider a simple, clear, and effective letter that will get your legally-guaranteed health records for you in no time.
- Look up medical records on DoNotPay's website.
- Enter the name of the health care provider you'd like to receive medical records from.
- Answer a few questions about your provider and where you'd like to send the records.
DoNotPay Works For All Healthcare Providers
Many people have medical records at more than one healthcare provider. DoNotPay works across all of them, regardless of location. DoNotPay can request records from:
No matter where DoNotPay works.
Requesting medical records doesn't have to be daunting, or time-consuming. DoNotPay makes the process faster and easier than ever before. Let DoNotPay do the heavy lifting, giving you more time for other things.