Get Your Medical Records from Einstein Medical Center
Being able to access your medical records when you need them is important for patients everywhere. There are numerous reasons why patients need access to these records, and the patients of are no exception. If your medical records have been requested or you just want to review them for your own records, you just need to request them from the facility. With DoNotPay, you can get assistance making this request and get your records when you need them.
What is HIPAA and How Can I Get My Own Information?
When it comes to your medical records, your privacy is important and it is protected under HIPAA. HIPAA is the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 that requires all medical facilities to protect private information. This is why if you make a request for your medical records, you need to show proof of identification and provide a written signature for them to be released either to you or to another party.
Are Electronic Copies of Medical Records Available at Einstein Medical Records?
Yes. , located in Philadelphia, allows you to request your medical records when you need them. You do need to contact them directly either by phone or online in order to start this process of requesting the records. Follow the steps below:
- Select the link to request a copy of your medical records here.
- You will then be forwarded to a third-party portal site. If you already have an account with this portal, you will need to go ahead and log in. If you do not have an account, you will be prompted to create one.
- You will need to put in your request and the destination where you would like to receive them.
- Should you experience any issues from this third party, or they are not able to locate your records, you will need to contact them directly and mail in the medical records request form. This can take several weeks and there is the chance that your records request will be lost.
Einstein Medical Center Contact information is detailed in the table below.
|Einstein Medical Center
|Toll free phone
Is There a Cost For These Medical Records?
If you are having your medical records transferred to another facility or you are planning to pick them up, there is no charge. The standard processing time will apply, so expect several weeks for this to be processed and sent over.
However, if you want to expedite the process of having your medical records transferred, you can expect to pay a fee for these services. Remember, DoNotPay always has a faster and easier way to get your medical records.
Get Medical Records from Any Organization
DoNotPay makes it fast and easy to get your medical records from any hospital or healthcare center. Many of these allow you to request online or even access your records through a patient portal, but it’s a huge hassle. Use DoNotPay at:
With the amount of patients that these facilities see regularly, it is essential to offer this service and make sure that these patients can get the access they need while maintaining HIPAA compliance.
Why Would I Need My Medical Records?
There are several reasons as to why you would need your medical records so you should be able to access them when you need them.
- Transfer to another medical facility for surgery treatment
- Found a new physician and want to transfer records
- Need them for traveling or moving out of the country
- Need medical records to attend a college or university
- Want them for your own personal files
No matter why you want to request your own medical records, you have that right. There may also be a time limit on how long medical records are kept. Keep in mind that they are held for seven years before they are archived in most medical facilities. This means that you should probably request a copy from all of your medical providers before that time period expires.
Are There Any Restrictions on My Records?
Depending on whether or not you own money or other records to that healthcare facility, they may restrict where they send your medical records and who they are released when requested. Most facilities will require you to be the party picking up the records if you want them in person. Some facilities may also restrict how they send them, only sending hard copies or wanting to send electronic copies of your medical record.
Can DoNotPay Help Me Request My Medical Records?
Yes! If you have tried to request your medical records and not been successful, let DoNotPay help you with the steps below:
- Look up medical records on DoNotPay's website.
- Enter the name of the health care provider you'd like to receive medical records from.
- Answer a few questions about your provider and where you'd like to send the records.
DoNotPay Has More Ways to Help
DoNotPay can do more than assist you with requesting your medical records from . Below are other ways that they can help you and make sure you have the stress from these tasks eliminated.
- Make a request to use your sick leave.
- Locate birth certificates for loved ones.
- Get assistance with located advanced healthcare.
These tasks have the potential to be tedious, but with DoNotPay, they are quick and efficient, all being done from the comfort of your smartphone.