Interested in Credit Karma Unclaimed Money Search? Find Out How To Get Your Money Back!
Credit Karma is a finance-management company that provides access to credit scores and offers financial information to consumers completely free of charge. It also recommends financial products and services to clients based on their credit information while earning a commission for every purchase.
Their service has expanded to cover tracking down and returning unclaimed money to consumers.
Money or property that the owners haven’t claimed during a certain period is deemed abandoned and turned over to the government. The amount of unclaimed money in the United States exceeds $50 billion. The chances are that some of it is yours! If you are aware that you have some unclaimed money or are just curious to check whether you do, Credit Karma is one way to find out.
What Are the Types of Unclaimed Money Credit Karma Can Help You Find?
Most people are not sure what constitutes unclaimed money in the United States, and therefore don’t know what to look for.
Take a look at the table to find out the most common financial assets and whether they can be considered unclaimed property:
|Can Be Considered Unclaimed
|Cannot Be Considered Unclaimed
Is It Too Late To Use Credit Karma Search for Unclaimed Money?
The answer is no—there is no time limit for reclaiming your money from the government. After the dormancy period finishes and the state takes custody of the unclaimed money or property, the rightful owner can still file a claim at any time and get the property back.
The only catch is that you are the one who has to find out if you have any unclaimed money. State unclaimed property officers will not try to contact you to inform you of your unclaimed assets. It is up to you to find that out.
People tend to dismiss the idea of claiming their money back out of fear that the process will be too complicated or pricey. They are often reluctant to claim it if the amount is insignificant or much time has passed. No matter the amount, you should never shy away from taking back what is yours. DoNotPay is here to explain how to do it with as little effort as possible.
How To Find Unclaimed Money With Credit Karma
Credit Karma offers a free application called Credit Karma Unclaimed Money to help American citizens find their missing money. The process involves following multiple steps and preparing the right documentation for a specific type of claim.
Credit Karma searches through the state database and notifies you if you have any unclaimed money. You can then file a claim to get the money transferred to you.
You can perform the search by using your full name, as well as your deceased relatives' names, in case you suspect you are entitled to inheritance.
You will also have to prepare some basic documentation, including:
- A copy of your driver’s license or any other form of identification issued by the state
- A document that contains your Social Security number, like a Social Security card or an IRS W-2 form
- Proof of current or any previous addresses, such as a paystub
Steps differ slightly depending on the state. Some states will let you file a claim online, while others will request that you send your claim by email. After you complete all the steps, your money will be sent to you within a few weeks or months.
How To Search for Unclaimed Money on Credit Karma—A Step-By-Step Guide
Here is a detailed, step-by-step guide on how to claim lost money using a Credit Karma application:
- Go to Credit Karma Unclaimed Money
- Register using your email address and a password
- Click on Search your state
- Find your country in the drop-down menu. If you, for example, click on California, it will refer you to California State Controller's Office website
- Click on the Individual, Business, or Property ID button, and fill in the form
- The app will perform the search to find out if there is a match. If there is, you have to verify your identity by providing the required documentation
- File a claim.
Read the state-specific instructions carefully. Some states will allow you to fill out the form online if the amount is less than $5000. If you are owed more than $10,000, you may need to get the claim form notarized before sending it. In case you can’t file the claim online, you will have to send it with additional documentation to prove your identity.
Use DoNotPay To Claim Your Missing Money in No Time
DoNotPay offers the simplest and most effective solution for tracking down and claiming lost money. We perform an in-depth search of all state and federal databases, while other options require you to search each state separately.
The process involves a few easy steps:
- Access DoNotPay from your
- Click on the Missing Money feature
- Enter requested personal information
You can narrow down your search by adding your middle name or previous addresses. If there is a match, we will do the heavy lifting and file a claim for the property in your stead.
How To Be Safe From Unclaimed Money Scams?
Many people have unclaimed money with their name on it. It’s a fertile ground for money scammers to try and take advantage of the situation. Make sure you are aware of the following:
- National Association of Unclaimed Property Administrators never contacts owners of the unclaimed money after it has been declared abandoned
- You shouldn’t pay anyone to be able to collect what is yours
- If a company is calling you, check their website and contact the appropriate department
It is hard saying no to money, but bear in mind that a person who calls you and promises a large sum if you give out your Social Security number, bank information, or pay a certain amount, is most probably a scammer.
Protect yourself by using official and secure ways to track down your unclaimed assets.
Other Services of DoNotPay
If you want to find the easiest way to get your unclaimed inheritance money, DoNotPay will give you the necessary information. Is unclaimed money discovery legit? DoNotPay can help you find that out and be safe from scammers. Want to find pension money? Let DoNotPay help you.
In case you are wondering whether you can recover unclaimed scholarship money, we will provide the answer.
Are you interested in other DoNotPay’s useful functionalities? Access our app from your and check out how to:
- Handle credit card issues
- Cancel subscriptions or memberships
- Protect your work against copyright infringement
- Fight speeding tickets
- Get revenge on robocalls
- Sue people and companies in small claims court
- Contest parking tickets
- Sign up for services without phone verification
- Get refunds for delayed or canceled flights
- Schedule a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Get rid of spam mail forever
- Protect yourself from stalking and harassment
- Apply for clinical trials
- Sign up for free trials risk-free
- Dispute traffic tickets
- Get refunds from other companies
- File a warranty claim
- Waive college application fees
- Stop text spam
- Communicate with your incarcerated loved ones
- Find any unclaimed funds under your name
- Deal with bills you are unable to pay
- Jump the phone queue when getting in touch with customer service reps