How to Get a Collier County Birth Certificate Fast
If you were born in the United States, you will need a copy of your birth certificate to apply for a passport, driver's license, or other government-issued ID. Your birth certificate is also required if you need to prove your age or identity. In some cases, you may need to get a certified copy of your birth certificate from the state or county where you were born.
The Health Department issues all through the mail or in person. This article will detail the steps to request a birth certificate copy and who can request it. As you will soon discover, using DoNotPay to make this request is the most efficient method of obtaining a birth certificate.
What Is the Difference Between an Authorized and Informational Birth Certificate Copy?
The following applies to authorized :
- An authorized birth certificate copy is issued by the state or local vital records office where the birth took place.
- This document can be used for legal purposes, such as applying for a driver's license or passport.
- An authorized birth certificate will typically include more detailed information, including the names of both parents, birthplace, occupation, and more.
The following applies to informational birth certificates:
- An informational birth certificate copy is issued by a hospital, midwife, or other agency involved in the birth and is primarily used to document the event.
- An informational copy may only include the name of the child and the date of birth.
- Informational copies are not accepted as legal documentation by most state or federal agencies, but they may contain information that is useful for genealogical purposes.
Who Can Get a Birth Certificate Copy in Collier County?
can only be issued to the following parties:
- An individual 18 years of age or older
- Legal guardians with proof of legal custody with proper identification.
How Much Does It Cost to Get a Birth Certificate in Collier County?
Birth certificates are issued by the Health Department for a $12.00 fee for all Florida births. A second certificate costs $8.00 if issued at the same time as the first certificate. Cash, check, money order, or Visa and MasterCard may be used for payment.
How to Get a Birth Certificate Copy on Your Own
A Collier County birth certificate can be obtained either through the mail or in person. Online applications are not accepted.
- To obtain the birth certificate by mail, download and print an application for Florida Birth Record.
- Complete the application and send a check or money order for $12.00 (plus $8.00 for a second certificate, if requested), as well as a copy of your government-issued ID to the Collier County Health Department, 3339 Tamiami Trail East, Bldg H, Naples, FL 34112.
- Obtain the certificate in person by the Health Department, Monday-Friday, between 8 am to 4:30 pm. No appointments are required.
How to Get a Collier County Birth Certificate Instantly With DoNotPay
If you want to order/get a birth certificate copy in Collier County, but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 8 easy steps:
- Go to the Birth Certificates product on DoNotPay.
- Select who the certificate is for (you or a loved one). If you are requesting a copy of someone else's certificate, enter their personal details, and upload evidence that proves your relationship.
- Enter the location you or your loved one was born in, so we can complete the form specific to your state.
- Enter the name(s) of the parent(s) as displayed on the certificate.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
Why You Should Use DoNotPay to Get a Collier County Birth Certificate
- Using DoNotPay is easier than if you were to do it yourself. You don't have to visit the health department or fill out tedious application forms.
- DoNotPay's process is faster. Your request is instantly processed through our innovative Birth Certificates product.
- DoNotPay gives you peace of mind that your request is sent successfully to the right office.
DoNotPay Can Help You With Other Birth Certificate Issues
If you need additional information on obtaining a birth certificate, our guides and solutions can help. Some of the most popular topics are:
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
In addition to assisting you with obtaining a birth certificate copy, DoNotPay can simplify your life in many other ways, including the following:
- How to use burner phones to bypass phone verification
- File warranty claims to save money on repairs
- Sue anyone in small claims court
- Use Amazon customer service hacks to get help fast
- How to get cashback from gift cards
- Negotiate a hotel bill
- How to appeal a parking ticket in any city
- Writing defamation demand letters
DoNotPay cuts through bureaucratic red tape to save you time and money. Our extensive website of guides and solutions can help you solve many of life's everyday administrative annoyances.