Cancel PGE before you pay your next bill
The Pacific Gas & Electric Company (PGE) is a California-based company that provides electricity and natural gas to two-thirds of the California state. The company services over 16 million people.
How to cancel PGE manually
|Can you cancel with||Yes / No|
Cancel PGE online
- Sign in to your PGE account.
- Go to the “My Account” dashboard
- In the “Service Requests” menu, select “Start or Stop Service”
- Click “Stop Services”.
- Answer several questions about gas appliances.
- Choose the stop date you desire.
- Submit your request.
Cancel PGE by the phone
- Call 800-743-5000 to get in touch with the PG&E customer service.
- Tell the agent that you want to stop using PGE services.
- Ask the agent to send you a confirmation email once your account is closed.
Cancel PGE with DoNotPay
Canceling PG&E manually can be both tricky and time-consuming. The online form is a bit complicated, and if you’re not tech-savvy, it will cause you some frustration. Calling the company’s customer service is even worse, as you will spend ages waiting for a free agent to pick up. If you want to avoid all this hassle, cancel your PGE subscription with the DoNotPay app. You can do it directly from your smartphone or computer, and it won’t take you more than two minutes. You just have to take the following steps:
- Open the DoNotPay app in your web browser. Alternatively, you can download the free iOS version of the app from the Apple Store.
- Tap on“Find Hidden Money”.
- Type in “PGE” as the service you want to cancel.
You will receive a confirmation email when we cancel your account.
Can I pause my PGE subscription instead of canceling it?
In certain cases, you can disconnect PGE services temporarily. To do so, you need to contact the company through its Customer Connections Online platform and send your request. If you provide valid reasons for the disconnection (e.g., fixing your roof, having electrical panels maintenance, etc.)
Common issues when canceling PGE
I don’t have an online PGE account. Can I cancel my subscription from the website anyway?
If you don’t have an account on the PGE website, you can sign in as a guest to cancel your subscription. To do so, visit the One-Time Access page and sign in with your service address ZIP code, your last name, and the final four digits of your Social Security Number.
I opened the My Account pages, but there is no “Stop Service” option. What should I do?
If you can’t see the “Stop” option, your account is probably already canceled or in the process of being canceled. To check the status of your account, take the following steps:
- Go to the “Edit Profile & Alerts” tab.
- In the Profile section, select “Account Services”.
- Scroll down until you reach the “Gas and electric service information” section. You will find your account status there.
If your status is either “STOPPED” or “PENDING_STOP”, you don’t need to take any action. If the status shows that your account is active, contact the customer service.
Does PGE offer a refund after a subscription is canceled?
It depends on your situation. To check if you’re eligible for a refund, call the PGE customer service department.
DoNotPay can help you track all of your subscriptions
Although monthly subscriptions seem convenient and affordable, they probably cost you more than you can imagine. You’re not the only one – as many as 84% of Americans have no idea how much money they spend on such services. Most people are shocked to find out that they spend over $200 every month on paid subscriptions and memberships.
If you’re afraid of overspending on your subscriptions, you should consider monitoring them. We can help you with that. The DoNotPay app can help you keep track of all your subscriptions, find those you don’t use regularly, and cancel them for you.
Is PGE being difficult? DoNotPay can help you sue them in small claims court
Do you feel like PGE is being difficult? Did the company charge you more than it was supposed to or refuse to help you and cancel your account? If calling its customer service department didn’t bring you the resolution you were hoping for, perhaps the only way to fight back is to sue it in small claims court.
DoNotPay is a robot lawyer that can help you sue PGE painlessly and stress-free. Our app has been recognized by the American Bar Association for its outstanding legal services. With our help, you can sue any company or individual in small claims court without worrying about losing your case.
What do PGE’s charges look like on my bank statement?
Frustrated with paying for subscriptions you don’t even use? You’re not alone. DoNotPay allows you to manage and cancel all of your subscriptions and memberships, saving you time and money! Here are just a few more subscriptions we’ve helped our users cancel:
- Blue Apron
- Xbox Live
- CBS All Access
- F.Y.E Backstage VIP Pass
- MBI Probiller
- Planet Fitness
- ABC Mouse
What else can DoNotPay do?
DoNotPay can provide you with more than a few services that can be useful. With our app, you can easily:
- Sue people and companies in small claims court
- Cancel other service or subscription
- Jump the phone queue when getting in touch with customer service reps
- Get compensation for delayed and canceled flights
- Get an appointment with the DMV faster
- Make virtual credit cards to avoid being charged after your free trial.
- Fight speeding tickets
- Contest parking tickets
- Dispute traffic tickets