How to Contest Baldwin County Traffic Tickets
You can get a traffic ticket when you least expect it. Some traffic tickets are justified, but some are not. When you get a traffic ticket in Baldwin County that you believe is unjustified, you can always contest it.
However, disputing a traffic ticket on your own is an uphill task. Seeking the services of an attorney is the next best option, but this too is expensive. The best option is to reach out to DoNotPay because we will do everything for you and ensure you get a fair judgment.
Types of Traffic Tickets in Baldwin County, Alabama
You must understand what behaviors might culminate in a traffic ticket if you drive. While most traffic violations are infractions or small crimes, they can nonetheless have serious repercussions.
Traffic offenses may result in costly fines, increased insurance rates, and the suspension of your driving license. Some traffic offenses are punishable by a misdemeanor or felony penalty.
Here are the types of traffic tickets you can get in Baldwin County:
- Reckless Driving
- Distracted Driving
- Driving Without a Legitimate Driving License
- Running a Stop Sign
- Evading Scene of an Accident
How to Dispute Traffic Tickets in Baldwin County on Your Own
Maybe you got caught in one of Baldwin County’s notorious speed traps. Perhaps you believe you were unfairly targeted by the police when you were stopped. If you are given a traffic infraction that you think is unreasonable, you should contest it. This helps you avoid paying excessive costs and getting a traffic ticket. You have the right to due process to appeal traffic penalties in Baldwin and keep your driving record spotless.
The following are some of the arguments you can use to get out of a traffic ticket:
- You can argue that you were driving at a certain speed because most of the vehicles on the road at that time were moving at that speed, and so it was unsafe to drive over or under that speed.
- You can argue based on the evidence brought forth in court. This form of argument will boil down to who the judge believes
- You can argue that the driving was justified. If you are given a ticket for lane changes without signaling and halting on a highway, you may be able to contest the ticket by demonstrating that you felt dizzy and fainted while driving. To prevent passing out while driving, you pulled over to the side of the road and came to a complete stop. A court might very easily conclude that your actions were legal and dismiss the ticket
- You might be able to show that you shouldn't have to pay for the ticket since you committed a "factual error''. "Drivers make factual errors when it comes to the scenario. It's easier to understand if you look at a few instances. First, driving in two lanes would be a factual error since the lane indicators were so worn down that you couldn't see them. Second, making an unlawful right turn since the no right turn sign has recently been blown down would be a factual error
- You might argue that your driving was essential to protect you or others from immediate peril. A great example is racing on the highway to avoid an accident. Another scenario is swerving violently to avoid colliding with a pedestrian who has slipped off a curb and into your path. The essence of this argument is to demonstrate to a judge that someone would have been gravely injured if you hadn't taken the step that you took
How to Pay Your Traffic Ticket in Baldwin County, AL
You can pay a fine in advance of your court date in several ways:
|Pay Online||Log on to Alapay.com to pay most Alabama state traffic tickets.|
|Pay in Person||Visit the Baldwin County Courthouse. Payment options include cash, money order, or debit card.
312 Courthouse Sq Ste 10
Bay Minette, AL 36507
|Mail-in payment||Money orders should be mailed to the State Court of Baldwin County. Attach a copy of your ticket to your payment in any way. Include a self-addressed envelope with your money if you want a receipt.
If possible, send this payment via certified mail. This way, you can track the package and make sure it arrives on time.
|Pay by phone||Call (478) 445-5391 with your payment option ready|
But remember, before you make that payment, you can contest that ticket with DoNotPay.
Contest Tickets in Baldwin County in Less Than 120 Seconds With DoNotPay
We have handled over 200,000 parking tickets and yours could be next.
Here is how to do it:
- Log in to DoNotPay and go to the Ticket Disputes category. Select the correct product based on your traffic ticket.
- Upload a photo of your citation.
- Provide us with some details on why you believe the citation issued is a mistake.
- Select whether or not you want the letter mailed to the traffic ticket issuer on your behalf.
- That’s it! You’ll receive an appeal letter that contains state vehicle codes to boost your case.
It's really that simple. Look out for your traffic ticket issuer's response to discover whether you won. There’s a good chance your ticket will be thrown out. If not, it may be reduced.
DoNotPay Works Anywhere
We can help you fight traffic tickets anywhere in the US. We do a lot of work in:
And that’s only the tip of the iceberg.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay offers hundreds of other services, including:
- Car registration renewals
- Demanding city repairs
- Contesting airline flight compensation
- Disputing seatbelt tickets
- Handling car lease negotiations
- Filing complaints
Getting a traffic ticket in Baldwin County can hurt your driving record, and you can even lose your driving license. You wouldn't want that to happen to you. Reach out to DoNotPay today, and let us help you clear any traffic ticket from your record.