Easily Challenge Traffic Tickets In Arizona and Win
Did you know that a speeding ticket in Arizona could hike your auto insurance by more than 30%? While it's liberating and free to whizz across the Grand Canyon state, getting caught will result in an .
These traffic tickets don't come cheap either. A traffic violation, especially a criminal violation, will earn you as high as $3,000, jail time, points on your driving record, and possible license suspension, even when you plead not guilty.
It can be challenging to overturn a traffic violation in Arizona without a lawyer. No need to fret though. DoNotPay is an ultramodern robotic lawyer specializing in overturning traffic tickets in different locations, including LA, New York, California, Las Vegas, and Arizona. Read on to know how we can help.
Types of Traffic Tickets in Arizona
The Copper State is among the worst states to get a speeding ticket! It shouldn't come as a surprise to discover several different kinds of traffic tickets you can receive in Arizona. There are at least a dozen:
- Failure to stop
- Cell phone use while driving
- Driving without a license
- Driving without car insurance
- Reckless driving
- Failure to obey traffic signs
- Parking violations (e.g., parking in front of a fire hydrant)
- Failure to yield (e.g., failing to slow down or stop when an emergency vehicle is approaching)
- Running a red light
How to Pay Your Traffic Ticket in Arizona?
Sometimes, you'd instead honor the Arizona traffic ticket and complaint pay to avoid using up more of your time. Maybe you don't have enough resources or law expertise to fight your way in court. If your traffic offense - primarily civil - says you can pay the ticket and leave.
You can do so through:
Navigate your and pay your Arizona traffic tickets online through the Arizona courts payment portal. You can pay via credit or credit card.
In-person or by Mail
You can pay for the ticket on the day of your case at that specific court. Most courts accept different forms of payments, such as cash, checks, money orders, and credit, to name a few. Consult with the clerk of the court for the available payment options.
Here are some of the available payment options:
|Visa, MasterCard, and American Express
|Only at participating Family Dollar, 7-Eleven, and Ace Express Outlets.
However, the caveat to this convenience is you only pay $1,000 max and a $2.99 convenience fee.
There are times when a judge might be sympathetic to you. Maybe you are undergoing a tough financial time and can't pay the entire amount. After pleading guilty, explain yourself, and the judge might be a bit lenient and shave a few bucks off your penalty. This, however, isn't an everyday occurrence, so go to court expecting to pay the entire amount.
Pleading Not Guilty for a Traffic Ticket in Arizona
Pleading not guilty means you are disputing Arizona traffic tickets. Unfortunately, not many road users know they can plead not guilty and overturn paying the traffic tickets. Traffic law enforcement doesn't usually offer any such advice either.
To dispute the ticket, follow these steps:
- Review the ticket/citation. Make sure you understand what the police officer wrote on the citation.
- Plead not guilty. You can plead not guilty by mail or in person.
- Prepare for court and your court hearing. If you lose at the hearing, you'll have to pay extra fees and penalties to the Arizona DMV and court system. So it's essential to prepare ahead of time and be confident in your case. However, if you win, none of these fines will need to be paid!
- DoNotPay won't allow your case to get to this step. Pay your fine if you lose in court. If you're found guilty, go ahead and pay off your traffic ticket as soon as possible. Be sure to include any additional fees or penalties mentioned by the judge or written on your citation when calculating the payment amount.
Do I Need a Lawyer to Dispute a Traffic Citation in Arizona?
Not having a lawyer is like asking Wile E. Coyote not to have any traps to catch the roadrunner. First, it's worth it to contest your Arizona speeding ticket payment. While maybe you did commit the traffic violation, you still have a right to plead not guilty, dispute, and appeal your case. Besides, that hefty penalty is the hard-earned money you can invest in more profitable ventures.
Secondly, you do need an attorney for your traffic case. However, do you have the resources to pay the lawyer? The penalties and other charges are expensive enough without legal fees.
Sure, you need a lawyer. Just not your traditional lawyer but a different one, the best one in the business. One with an unbeatable record of overturning traffic tickets, but do it affordably not to hurt your finances. You need DoNotPay.
What Happens if I Ignore My Traffic Ticket?
If you ignore your Arizona speeding ticket payment and do not go to court, you may face serious consequences. Arizona law enforcement agencies take failure to appear in court very seriously. If you ignore your traffic ticket, the agency that issued it can request a bench warrant for your arrest.
The court will issue a warrant with an additional fine since you failed to appear. A warrant can be issued for a minor or major traffic violation. Other consequences of ignoring a traffic ticket include:
- Suspended driver's license
- Increased insurance premium
- Revoked driver's license
- Higher fines, penalties, surcharges, possibly joining traffic school, and hefty fees to reinstate your suspended license
- Imprisonment in county jail, depending on the severity of the offense
Contest Tickets in Arizona in Less Than 120 Seconds
Gone are the days when a physical lawyer was all you needed to overturn paying Arizona traffic tickets. Nowadays, having a robotic lawyer is more efficient and has a higher winning streak. A recent report from the Guardian demonstrates how DoNotPay overturned a whopping 200,000 - 64% success rate - traffic tickets in new york and London.
Here's how to start:
- Log-in to DoNotPay and go to the Ticket Disputes category. Select the correct product based on your traffic ticket.
- Upload a photo of your citation.
- Provide us with some details on why you believe the citation issued is a mistake.
- Select whether or not you want the letter mailed to the traffic ticket issuer on your behalf!
- That's it! You'll receive an appeal letter that contains state vehicle codes to boost your case.
It's really that simple! Look out for your traffic ticket issuer's response to discover whether you won!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Overturning your Arizona traffic tickets is the beginning of solving those pesky challenges in your daily life. As a versatile platform, DoNotPay can connect across multiple entities to ensure your issues are solved.
We can help you:
- Deal with your parking tickets
- Ensure your car's registration is up to date
- How to claim insurance benefits
- Search for your missing money
- Direct the authorities to city repairs
- Fight till you receive airline fright compensation
- Get a better deal on your lease
- Appeal your seatbelt tickets
- Lodge complaints against any business