How to Clean Up Your Torres Credit SRV Report Within Minutes
Do you have any pending utility debts? If so, your creditor has probably hired to do collect the payments.
When it comes to collecting debts, can be ruthless, especially if you have pending utility debts. The collection services will do all they can to collect the debts, even if it means harassing you. However, in some cases, the collections agencies can make errors and list an incorrect collection account, thereby damaging your credit report and score.
DoNotPay can help dispute credit report and fix your credit score without any frustrations.
What Is Torres Credit SRV?
Located in Pennsylvania, Torres Credit SRV is a credit collection company that collects past dues debts that are owed to different utility companies.
You will likely see Torres Credit SRV listed on your credit report if you haven't paid your utility bills over some time.
The collection service will likely become aggressive if the debts owed are past due for a long time. You ccan reach them through;
|Address||27 Fairview St Ste 301
Carlisle, PA 17015
|Phone Number 1||(717) 243-8424|
|Phone Number 2||(866) 756-6802|
How to Remove Torres Credit Service From Your Credit Report
1. Know and Understand Your Rights
Before dealing with Torres Credit Service, familiarize yourself with your rights under federal law. Most of the time, debt collection services can take advantage of consumers who are unaware of their rights.
Under federal law, the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act( FDCPA) lists consumers' rights against debt collectors. You can also check the Debt Collection FAQs for more detailed information.
2. Credit Report Copy
To report a collection listed on your report, you must get a copy of the credit report. A credit report will provide more information on what you are dealing with.
A credit report can also tell you whether the debts you owe are legitimate.
3. Ask for Debt Verification Letter
Ask Torres Credit services to provide you with a debt verification letter. A debt verification letter provides all the necessary information related to the debts.
According to federal law, all credit collection agencies must provide all the information. The collection account should be removed from your credit report if they fail to give you the letter.
4. React to the Information in the Letter
If the letter doesn't prove that the collection account belongs to you, tell them to remove the information from your credit report and stop contacting you.
Most of the time, credit collection services can make errors, especially when dealing with different accounts. Also, if your name is listed on a debt that you are not legally able to pay, have them remove it from your report. However, you must provide evidence supporting your case.
If the collection account is yours, then pay off the debts. You can negotiate with Torres Credit to partially pay your debts then clear the rest at a later date.
Settling the debts is important since the collection services can convert the collection account to a legal obligation (judgment). In that case, you will have to clear the debt in full.
You won't have room to negotiate to pay a lower amount, and Torres Credit can garnish your wages.
5. Hire an Attorney
If the collection services have threatened to enter your collection account as a judgment, you should ask for an attorney's help.
An attorney can represent you under credit law against the collection services.
You can also sue the collection services if they harass you. However, you should only consider this option if you have a reasonable case against the collection services.
What to Do if Torres Credit Services Does Not Fix Your Report
If your attempts to clean your credit report are futile, take the following steps:
1. Reach Out to the Creditor
Contact the creditors listed on the Torres Credit Services and ask them to tell the collection service to remove the account.
If the creditors agree, they will send a letter to you agreeing that the information is wrong. You need to send a copy of that letter to the collection agency for immediate removal.
2. File a Second Dispute With the Torres Credit
You can file another dispute if you have gathered more information supporting your case against the collection services.
3. File a Complaint Against the Credit Collection Services
File a complaint against Torres Credit Services with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). The CFPB will reach out to the collection agency about the complaint.
4. Add Explanatory Reports
You can also add short explanatory reports on the credit report. Ensure the information is short and to the point.
How to Clean Up Your Credit Report With the Help of DoNotPay
Cleaning your credit card can be challenging, especially if you are doing it independently. The process can be tiring from moving from one office to another, filing papers, or dealing with uncooperative representatives.
DoNotPay can help you file a credit dispute letter and help clean your credit report through the following steps:
- Search Clean Credit Report on DoNotPay.
- Prepare a recent copy of your credit report that you can use as reference.
- Let us guide you through the 4 potential options:
- If you've already paid off your debt, we'll help you file a Goodwill Removal Request to get it removed.
- If you notice any errors in your report (we have a list of common errors you can use!), we'll help you file a credit dispute to the creditor or major credit bureaus.
- If there are no errors, we'll check if you're still eligible to file a debt validation request. If they can't validate your debt, they're required to remove it from your report and they can't collect it!
- Lastly, if none of the above options work, we'll help you file a pay-to-delete negotiation letter. You can customize the amount you are willing to pay in exchange for getting the item removed.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Helping your clean Credit Report against is one of the many things DoNotPay can help do. Other things DoNotPay can help you with include:
- How to remove inquiries from your credit report
- How to remove late payments from your credit report
- Help you get medical bill when you are unemployed
- Help you find discounts when shopping online
The first step is to sign up and you'll get access to a wide range of services with one click of a button.