Can I Erase Barclays Bank Delaware From My Credit Report?
Seeing the letters BRCLYSBANKDE on your credit report may leave you with a series of questions. While the letters may seem jumbled and very random, they stand for Barclays Bank Delaware. These letters are not so random.
They can show up on your credit report as hard inquiries when you apply for a loan from the bank. They are usually not a good sign on your credit report and may end up hurting your score in the long run, which is why you need to get them removed. But you may wonder “How do I remove Barclays Bank Delaware on my credit report?” Remove any debt collections from your credit report and boost your score with DoNotPay.
What Is Barclays Bank Delaware on My Credit Report?
BRCLYSBANKDE is the credit report code used by Barclays Bank Delaware. Barclays is one of the most renowned banks globally, with a significant presence in the United States. Aside from offering savings and CD accounts, the bank provides personal loans through an invitation in partnership with several other companies.
Barclays also partners with other companies to provide reward credit cards across several industries, including entertainment, retail, and travel. Some of the companies the bank works with include:
- Barnes and Noble
- American Airlines
Barclays Bank Delaware appears on your credit report under the code BRCLYSBANKDE after applying for a line of credit or a credit product from the bank or one of its affiliated companies.
How to Dispute a Barclays Bank Delaware Credit Report?
When you see the BRCLYSBANKDE on your credit report, it means the bank has conducted a hard inquiry on your account. Hard inquiries typically stay on your report for two years. A hard inquiry allows the lender to analyze how you've been using your credit in the past and helps them approve you for a loan or upgrade.
A hard inquiry on your report can knock you a few scores down and might be detrimental to your score in the long run. If you find the inquiry on your report but are sure that you never applied for a loan, it's important to alert the credit bureau and begin the dispute process.
The Fair Credit Reporting Act provides you with 30 days to make the dispute. To dispute the inquiry on your report, you can send Barclays or the credit bureau a letter by mail and inform them of the situation.
The dispute should result in a deletion of the item in your report. Sometimes incorrect credit reporting is a result of identity fraud. It's, therefore, important to work fast to address the situation.
Some useful contact information of Barclays Bank Delaware:
|Headquarters||Wilmington, Delaware, United States|
|Physical Address||Barclays Bank Delaware
125 South West Street
Wilmington, DE 19801
|Customer Service Telephone No.||00 1 302-255-8888|
|General Inquiries Telephone No.||(866) 928-8598|
|Fax Number||(866) 823-8178|
|International (Call Us Collect)||1-302-255-8888|
Sue for an Unresolved Credit Report Dispute
Sometimes filing a dispute with your creditor and bureau doesn't work as they may be unwilling to budge. In that case, you can sue the company or bureau in a claims court. If a credit bureau keeps ignoring your requests for Barclays Bank Delaware credit report disputes, it's time to involve other agencies.
Usually, you can contact these three resources to complain about your issue:
- The state's attorney general
- The Federal Trade Commission
- The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
While these agencies can't force the bureau to honor and update your account, they are powerful entities that might get your case expedited if the bureau finds out about their involvement. Even without the help of these government agencies, you still have the right to sue for an unresolved dispute under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
In 2013, an Oregon woman was awarded $18.4 million after winning a lawsuit against Equifax for failing to correct her credit report after sending eight disputes in two years. Always ensure you have your updated documents close by, including phone calls and notes of the disputes. Additionally, contact a lawyer if you feel you have a strong case.
How to Remove BRCLYSBANKDE From My Report?
If you want the Barclays Bank Delaware hard inquiry gone, you can try any of the following approaches:
- Send a dispute letter to the credit bureau or data furnisher
- Employ the services of a credit repair company
These two methods are great approaches to handling the issue at hand. However, the processes can be lengthy and frustrating, which is why having a service like DoNotPay comes in handy.
How DoNotPay Can Help
Is the Barclays Bank Delaware hard inquiry on your credit report ruining your score? Removing the inquiry from your report can significantly boost your score by 30+ points, and what better way to do that than with DoNotPay.
Here's how to remove the inquiry on your report using DoNotPay:
- Search Clean Credit Report on DoNotPay.
- Prepare a recent copy of your credit report that you can use as reference.
- Let us guide you through the 4 potential options:
- If you've already paid off your debt, we'll help you file a Goodwill Removal Request to get it removed.
- If you notice any errors in your report (we have a list of common errors you can use!), we'll help you file a credit dispute to the creditor or major credit bureaus.
- If there are no errors, we'll check if you're still eligible to file a debt validation request. If they can't validate your debt, they're required to remove it from your report and they can't collect it!
- Lastly, if none of the above options work, we'll help you file a pay-to-delete negotiation letter. You can customize the amount you are willing to pay in exchange for getting the item removed.
- Fast: You only need a few minutes to start cleaning up your credit report
- Easy: You can do away with filling out tedious forms
- Successful: DoNotPay has you covered and will make the best case for you.
DoNotPay Works Across All Groups
Aside from addressing the BRCLYSBANKDE situation, we have other credit-related services that may come in handy, including
- Crafting a debt validation letter
- Writing a credit dispute letter
- Removing delinquent payments from your credit report
- Fixing your credit score
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Skip any bureaucratic hurdles such as getting rid of a Barclays Bank Delaware hard inquiry. Our services include:
Join the thousands of our clients hacking life with DoNotPay.