Questions About Fighting or Waiving Sterling Grove HOA Fees? DoNotPay Can Help!
If you live in or are considering moving to Sterling Grove, you may have questions about the community's homeowners association (HOA) fees. The HOA fees cover a variety of amenities and services. While you cannot typically negotiate your way out of HOA fees, you might be able to request a waiver for hardship or other reasons. Continue reading to learn more about how DoNotPay can help with .
An Overview of Sterling Grove and the HOA Fees
Sterling Grove is a 55+ community located in Surprise, Arizona, just outside of Phoenix. The community charges , and we can help you waive or reduce them.
What Will You Find at Sterling Grove?
Sterling Grove is a new, up-and-coming, gated community of single-family homes. There will be eight new home collections in different sizes, architectural designs, and floor plans. You will also find an 18-hole golf course, a community garden, ponds, a fitness club, spa, multiple pools and restaurants, and more.
Understanding the HOA Fees
Typically, HOA fees are used to maintain common areas and amenities, such as street maintenance, snow shoveling, clubhouses, and more. When you buy a house in a community with an HOA, you will become a member. There are very few exceptions, such as living in the community before the HOA was formed. But in the case of newer residents, membership is inevitable.
The monthly Sterling Grove fee is currently $245 per month. Here is a breakdown of what is or isn’t included in that fee:
|Homeowners association fees||Included|
|Social Membership dues for the Sterling Grove Club (required), which include:
|Golf membership||Not included|
|Utilities and irrigation||Not included; homeowners pay their own water bills and control their own yard's irrigation system.|
HOA dues can increase annually, but they can be no more than 20% higher than the previous year’s rates per state statute.
What Can You Do About HOA Fees?
In most cases, you cannot get out of paying your monthly or annual HOA fees. However, you can probably avoid other fines and fees, and there may be options for temporary hardships. You can also become an active member of the homeowners association.
- Read your HOA bylaws. Understand your rights and responsibilities. This can help you avoid HOA fines or fees, know when or why the fees might change, and determine who you reach out to for concerns.
- Speak to the HOA if you are experiencing a hardship. You may be able to negotiate a later payment date or arrange a payment plan. If you have a good record with the HOA, it may be easier for them to just add a late fee than to pursue action against you.
- Join the HOA board. You may not be able to get an executive role. But if you can get on a committee, you can have more influence on how funds are used and when or if fees are raised.
- Make your concerns known. Even if you aren't on the board, you can speak up about issues and fees. Check your HOA bylaws to learn which committee or member to contact regarding various issues or how to file a complaint.
Let DoNotPay Help With Sterling Grove HOA Fees
If you are experiencing a temporary hardship or need assistance with HOA fees, DoNotPay has experience getting fees waived. We can save you time and stress in just a few simple steps.
Here's how you can use DoNotPay to appeal fees:
- Search "appeal fees" on DoNotPay, choose the Fight and Waive Fees product, and select the type of fee you want to appeal.
- Select the merchant you want to appeal fees for and enter the details of your transaction, including an associated account if you have one.
- Submit your case! DoNotPay will generate the best argument for your case and make sure your fee waiver request gets sent to the merchant for processing.
Why Should You Use DoNotPay to Request Fee Waivers?
Dealing with HOA fees can be stressful, and we know that your time is valuable. We can help you start the process of requesting a fee waiver right now.
In fact, DoNotPay can help you request a variety of fee waivers, including:
- eBay Fees
- Coinbase Fees
- Robinhood Fees
- PayPal Seller Fees
- Spirit Airline Baggage Fees
- American Airline Baggage Fees
- HOA Fees
- Etsy Fees
- Chase Checking Account Fees
- Shopify Fees
We can also help with other homeowner concerns, like lowering property taxes.
No matter how we help, the whole process is fast, easy, and successful.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Helping you with HOA fees is just one of the many services DoNotPay provides. We can also help you with:
- Discovering and Applying for Scholarships
- Contacting Embassies and Consulates
- Notarizing Documents
- Standardized Documents
- Creating Passport Photos
- Reducing Property Taxes
- Getting Airline Flight Compensation
- Appealing Banned Accounts
- Filing Complaints
No matter what your issue or concern, DoNotPay can help.