Can You Get Cash Back on a Shell Credit Card?
Shell cash back is a great reason to have a Shell Fuel Rewards Card or a Shell Fuel Rewards Mastercard. Many people ask, "Does Shell do cash back?" and the answer is yes, both cards offer cash back rewards.
Shell, also called Royal Dutch Shell, has been in business since 1897 when it just sold kerosene. Today, it operates in about 70 countries, including the USA and American territories, where its cash back cards earn you rewards for buying its top-tier gasoline and its other products.
A Shell cash back reward card may be a perfect choice, and DoNotPay will help you choose which . DoNotPay will also help you choose other credit reward cards, so you get the best cash back rewards based on your spending habits.
As well as a Shell Rewards Card, you may want a Discover Card or a Walmart cash back card. You may just want DoNotPay to help you learn more about cash back in general, or you may want to know more about which cash back apps are available. If you, or a family member, want to know the basics, DoNotPay explains how cash back works on credit cards.
As well as regular cash back rewards credit cards, such as those issued by Citibank, other companies offer cash back rewards. You may be wondering about how you can get money back with PayPal, or you may want to know the difference between Apple Card and Apple Pay when it comes to cash back benefits. In every case, DoNotPay will help guide you with good info and then make it easy to apply for your card of choice.
How to Get Shell Cash Back Rewards and How Much You Get
Shell's two cash back reward cards to work differently. Here is all you need to know about each one.
Shell Fuel Rewards Card
You use this card only at participating Shell Gas stations and Shell-sponsored promos on their websites. When you pay with your card, you automatically get a price discount on your gas or a statement credit for other purchases. You can:
- Save 30 cents a gallon on 20 gallons of gas in each of your first five purchases.
- Save 10 cents a gallon on the first 20 gallons each time you visit a Shell station.
- Earn a 10% rebate on the first $1,200 of non-fuel purchases you make each year at a Shell station. Shell applies the rebate to your next statement in the billing cycle.
- Earn rewards for spending $50 at certain restaurants participating in the Shell rewards program.
- Earn rewards for every $50 you spend at fuelrewards.com/shopping.
- Earn 10 cents a gallon for every $50 you spend on live event tickets through fuelrewards.com/eventtickets.
Shell Fuel Rewards Mastercard
You can use this card anywhere that accepts Mastercard, not just Shell stations. Your cash back rewards are:
- 10 cents a gallon on the first 20 gallons for every purchase you make at a Shell station.
- 10% Shell statement rebates on non-gas purchases.
- 2% Shell rebates on dining and grocery shopping. The 2% rebate ends once you spend $10,000 each year on dining and grocery. Some restaurants participate in a Shell program where you get an extra 10 cents a gallon for every $50 you spend.
- 1% rebate on other shopping up to the same $10,000 limit.
- An extra 5 cents a gallon if you use your card to buy specially-marked items like gift cards.
- Specific rewards for using your card to buy $50 through fuelrewards.com/shopping.
Cash Back Limitations
You do not get this 1% rebate:
- For any non-Shell brand gasoline, you buy.
- For business purchases.
Shell Cash Back Promotions
Sometimes Shell offers promotions on its Fuel Rewards Card, so you may be offered up to 30 cents back a gallon on up to 35 gallons on your first five fill-ups at a Shell station, instead of on the first 20 gallons. This promo ends in June 2023.
How to Apply for a Shell Cash Back Rewards Card
Shell cash back cards are issued through Citibank, N.A. You apply for either Shell cash back card by going to citiretailservices.citibankonline.com/apply/shell-credit-card. Fill in the boxes, then wait up to 4 weeks to get an approval confirmation. Married couples may apply for one each. You must provide your:
- Name, address, and birthdate.
- Age (you must be over 18.)
- Income details, etc.
Citibank reserves the right to contact at least one credit reporting agency to confirm your creditworthiness. This information will also determine your card's credit limit. If you have frozen your credit reports, you should unfreeze them to allow Citibank to gain access to your file.
If you would rather avoid the hassle of making your own Shell Rewards Card application, DoNotPay can handle it all for you.
Let DoNotPay Get Your Shell Card Application Handled for You
To get your Shell Fuel rewards Card or your Shell Fuel Rewards Mastercard, just follow these 3 simple steps:
- Search for Cashback on the DoNotPay website.
- Kick-off the process to find the right app or website for you.
- Answer some specific questions so that we can help you start making money!
When you you can sit back, relax, and wait for your confirmation. You saw how DoNotPay can help with getting other credit cards and with helping you to learn more about credit and rewards, but that's not all. Please feel free to browse these other topics:
DoNotPay helps with so many things. Getting the right credit card or seeking advice are only some areas of our expertise. Saving you time and effort on many everyday matters is what we do.