How to Find Rental Assistance in Seminole County
Are you looking for right now? There isn't a part of the country that isn't impacted by the financial and economic effects of the pandemic. And your household budget is no exception. What you need to know about are Florida resources, and how to tap into them in time to make next month's rent.
With so much information online about COVID-19 related relief, it can be confusing to find just where to go for Seminole County rental assistance. And yes, Seminole County does help with rent. There is even Seminole emergency rental assistance if you know where to look.
Once you find your way, you'll then need to go about applying for Seminole County rental assistance. And there are strict requirements and eligibility guidelines you'll need to know. Today, we'll share the details and contact information you're looking for to explore your Seminole County rental assistance options. There may even be a shortcut when you choose to take your first steps with DoNotPay.
Various Rental Assistance Programs in Seminole County, Florida
If you need rental assistance in Seminole County, you'll have a variety of potential resources at your disposal. In addition to some of the federal, state, and government programs, there are affordable housing, non-profit, and utility relief programs to consider. There may be low-rent circumstances, housing voucher programs or Section 8, emergency rental assistance, and COVID-19 funding available.
|Seminole County Community Development||Website||Sanford, FL · (407) 665-2300|
|Seminole County Housing Authority||Website||Oviedo, FL · (407) 365-3621|
|The Sharing Center - Social services organization||Website||Longwood, FL · (407) 260-9155|
How to Find Rental Assistance in Seminole County, Florida
To explore your options for Seminole County rental assistance, you'll want to know which municipality and relief websites to visit first. Under most of these programs, eligibility requirements need to be met. And funds are available to help with rent payments unpaid from April 2020 to the present.
Seminole County Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP)
Seminole County rental assistance is available under the Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) with funds provided by the federal government. Eligible households adversely affected by the pandemic will be able to apply and receive funds as long as funds remain available. To learn more, you can call (877) 573-9375.
Emergency Mortgage Assistance Program
Mortgage and utility bills are also eligible for relief payments under the county-wide program designated for unincorporated areas of the county. Seminole County rental assistance is available to anyone residing outside city limits, as long as they meet specific criteria. To learn more, call (855) 203-6887.
Seminole County Economic Recovery Program
The U.S. Department of the Treasury has awarded Seminole County Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) and American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds to assist residents, families, and businesses negatively affected by COVID-19 and the resulting economic climate. There may be relief available beyond Seminole County rental assistance.
Eligibility Requirements for Rental Assistance in Seminole County
Once you know where to find the Seminole County rental assistance programs online, you can then begin applying. In order to be eligible for relief, you'll need to satisfy a few key requirements. These include:
- Being a Seminole County resident and citizen of the United States
- Household income below 140% of the Area Median Income (AMI)
- Prove financial hardship due to a direct result of the pandemic
- Being the responsible party for rental payments in your place of residents
- Being at risk of becoming homeless or housing instability altogether
With all of your assembled documentation, you can scan to upload your application or visit the Emergency Rental / Mortgage Application Assistance Center in person.
- Hours: Mon through Fri, 8:30 AM to 3:00 PM
- Address: 520 West Lake Mary Boulevard, Sanford, Florida
- Phone: (407) 665-2300
- Website: https://seminoleerap.seminolecountyfl.gov/
What You’ll Need to Apply for Seminole County Rental Assistance by Yourself
Before you apply for Seminole County rental assistance, you'll want to make sure you have all your documentation in order. Bring your Florida driver's license or ID, along with documentation for each additional family member within your household. You'll also need a copy of your current lease agreement that describes the terms of your rent payments. You'll also need:
- Latest utility bills from electric, gas, and water providers with your name as the account holder
- 90 days of income for you and other household members, including unemployment, alimony, and child support
- Certification of COVID Impact statement or self-attestation of hardship with a notary or two witnesses
How DoNotPay Can Help You Apply for Rental Assistance in Seminole County
Are you stressing about taking these first few steps toward applying for Seminole County rental assistance? You're in luck because DoNotPay has just the product to help you get the relief funds you need without the hassles.
How to apply for housing assistance in Seminole County, Florida, with DoNotPay.
We can compose a letter to your local housing authority based on your situation and inquire about your best options for receiving assistance. Here are the four steps:
- Search for Rental Assistance on DoNotPay.
- Put together a list of your income, debts, expenses, and assets. If you need help accessing information like your credit report, DoNotPay can help you get your report.
- Let DoNotPay collect your basic information and compose a letter to your local housing authority requesting rental assistance.
- Lastly, DoNotPay will send your letter to your local housing authority.
Why DoNotPay Is the Best Way to Get Rental Assistance in Seminole County
You'll appreciate the simplicity of the DoNotPay way to get your rental assistance payments because we make it:
- Fast — You don't have to spend hours trying to figure out where to start applying.
- Easy — You don't have to struggle to fill out tedious forms or keep track of all the steps involved in applying for and receiving funds.
- Successful — You can rest assured knowing we'll make the best case on your behalf.
DoNotPay Can Help With Rental Assistance and So Much More
DoNotPay can do far more than just help you with Seminole County rental assistance. Check out some of the other complicated tasks we make easy!
- Find and Sample Free Trials
- HUD Rental Assistance
- Make DMV Appointments
- Find and Apply for Scholarships
- Reduce Your Property Taxes
- Find Missing Money
- File Official Complaints
- Hep with Rent to Avoid Eviction
- Get Help with Other Bills
If you're a Seminole County, Florida, resident experiencing financial hardships, you can explore some of the various relief funds available. And if you need , let DoNotPay be your guide!