How to Get Rental Assistance in Shreveport Easily
If you are not able to pay your rent in Shreveport, where can you turn for help? There are several options for rental assistance in Shreveport.
If you are looking for rental assistance in Shreveport, there are rental housing assistance programs that can offer a helping hand. You can access government assistance for rent, HUD rental assistance, and other resources for rental assistance.
How to Apply for Rent Assistance in Shreveport?
There are several forms of rental assistance in Shreveport and the Caddo Parish area. The following are some of the most well-known programs serving renters in the area.
- Caddo Parish ERAP
Caddo Parish Emergency Rental Assistance Program or ERAP is a rent assistance program for renters in the Caddo Parish area. To apply for rent assistance, you must meet the following requirements:
- Faced financial hardships due to COVID-19 (higher costs or lower-income) or qualified for unemployment benefits
- An income less than 80% of the area mean income
- Proof of housing instability or homelessness (Eviction notice, disconnect notice, past due utilities)
Sign up online or by phone with a valid email address and phone number, proof of income, mailing address, each renter within your household's information, the landlord's information, and the utility provider's information. You may also send a message.
- Louisiana ERAP
Louisiana ERAP is a federal rent assistance program for renters in Louisiana. The program can help with rent and utility payments, including past due and future rent. Renters can apply by phone or online. Ensure that you meet the following requirements:
- Live in one of the 57 parishes covered by the rent assistance program (includes Caddo Parish)
- Household income less than 80% of the area median income
- At least one member of the household experienced financial hardships due to COVID-19
- Proof of past due rent, eviction notice, or past due utility
Applicants are encouraged to apply for the ERAP program offered by their local parish.
You may send a message.
- The Housing Authority of the City of Shreveport
The Housing Authority of the City of Shreveport offers housing, rent funding, and vouchers for renters in Shreveport. Apply online, in person, or by phone and conduct a video conference interview to determine eligibility.
|Program||Type of Aid||Phone Number||Link to Application|
|Caddo Parish ERAP||Rent and utility funding||1-318-239-7772||Caddo Parish ERAP|
|Louisiana ERAP||Rent and utility funding||1-877-459-6555||Louisiana ERAP|
|The Housing Authority of the City of Shreveport||Rent and utility funding, housing vouchers, subsidized housing||1-318-698-3600||HACS LA|
Applying for Rental Assistance in Shreveport on Your Own
While it can be an intimidating experience to try and apply for on your own, you can simplify the process by following this short guide.
- Sort through the rental assistance programs offered in Shreveport and find the programs that best suit your needs.
- Look at the requirements on the website or call and ask for the requirements.
- Gather the required documents if you think you can successfully apply for the program. This may include past due bills, utility disconnect notices, and lease agreements.
- Submit your application and wait for a response from a representative of the program.
How long does it take to get rental assistance? The process can be quite time-consuming, often taking 30 days from the application to receive your funding. Typically programs disburse the check directly to the landlord or utility provider. DoNotPay can make the process more convenient and speedy. We send a letter to the housing authority on your behalf and can look up the necessary financial information with the click of a button.
Applying for Rental Assistance in Shreveport With DoNotPay
Applying for is often a frustrating and time-consuming endeavor. There are several programs, and finding the best one can be difficult. DoNotPay makes the process streamlined and easy so you can get help today. Simply use our website or mobile app to submit your plea for rental assistance. We generate a letter on your behalf using techniques that have proven to be successful.
We can compose a letter to your local housing authority based on your situation and inquire about your best options for receiving assistance. Here are the 4 steps:
- Search for Rental Assistance on DoNotPay.
- Put together a list of your income, debts, expenses, and assets. If you need help accessing information like your credit report, DoNotPay can help you get your report.
- Let DoNotPay collect your basic information and compose a letter to your local housing authority requesting rental assistance.
- Lastly, DoNotPay will send your letter to your local housing authority.
Why Use DoNotPay to Access Rental Assistance in Shreveport
- Fast—It only takes minutes to apply for rental assistance.
- Easy— There are no long and tedious documents to fill up and you don’t have to keep track of all the stages required in applying for rental assistance in Shreveport.
- Successful — You can rest assured knowing DoNotPay will present the best case for you.