Claim Rental Assistance in Savannah, GA In a Few Clicks
Being late on rent is a fear of many people in the country. Savannah, GA, residents are no stranger to this, especially when around 20% of the people in the city live at or below the poverty line. It shouldn't be a luxury to have a roof over your head, so if you need rental assistance in Savannah, GA, you can get DoNotPay to help you with finding and signing up for aid in your area.
Rental Assistance in Savannah, GA
|Wesley Community Centers of Savannah||Wesley Community Centers of Savannah, Inc. is a religious non-profit that was started in 1949. They work in conjunction with United Way to provide necessary charity services and personal development for the people of Savannah. In addition to offering things like a food pantry, child and adult education programs, and a youth arts camp, the Family Life Center is there to help provide emergency food, utility, and rental assistance to those in need.|
|Emergency Rental Assistance Program||The Emergency Rental Assistance Program, or ERAP, is a government rental assistance program sponsored by the HUD that provides residents of Chatham County (which includes Savannah) with money to help pay rent, utilities, and other expenses. By teaming with various local non-profits, the local government can help those in the city make it through disasters like COVID-19 without losing their homes.|
|Georgia Department of Community Affairs||The state of Georgia offers rental assistance to those struggling to make ends meet through the Georgia Department of Community Affairs. Primarily intended for those on unemployment or those who have taken a financial hit, those who qualify can have the majority of their rent and utility bills paid on their behalf for up to 18 months.|
How Do You Apply for Rent Relief in Savannah, GA, on Your Own?
The process for applying for rental assistance programs in Savannah, GA, will vary based on the program. As you might imagine, this can add more hassle to the process than it should. If you don't want to bother with figuring out the specific application process for every program in the city, DoNotPay can help streamline the process by applying your information as needed as we apply across the board. If you want to attempt on your own, though, here are the steps you can use to apply to some of the programs we listed already:
Wesley Community Centers of Savannah
- Call the Center at (912) 236-4226. It is currently the only way to set up an appointment with Crisis Intervention.
- On the date of your appointment, bring financial documents related to the hardship that's caused you to lose income, along with personal documents like photo ID and the like.
- Explain your case to the representative to see if you qualify. If you do, you'll discuss the kind of aid you need and how much is available.
- Wait to receive your rental assistance once you're approved.
- Complete the pre-application screening process to determine if you're eligible (available in English and Spanish).
- If you qualify, fill out the application on the ERAP website when it becomes available (new applications are only accepted for a limited time each year).
- After completing your application and providing the necessary documents, submit it.
- Wait to receive word from a representative about the status of your rental assistance.
- Click the button on the DCA webpage for tenants to start the pre-qualification questionnaire.
- Answer the questions to see if you qualify.
- If you're eligible, register an account with the site.
- Use your account to fill out the assistance application, providing information and documentation of financial hardship and the like.
What Are Some Eligibility Requirements for Rental Assistance in Savannah, GA?
While eligibility requirements will differ by program, there are some aspects most programs in Savannah have in common. Remember to check the specific requirements of any program you want to apply to before you do to avoid wasting time. That said, you can expect that most will have requirements like:
- An annual income at or below the poverty line or evidence of financial distress.
- Residency in Savannah, GA.
- Someone in the household is in danger of becoming homeless or has already become homeless.
Find Rental Assistance in Savannah, GA With DoNotPay
If doing things on your own is proving to be more of a challenge than expected or is taking too long, DoNotPay can step in on your behalf. Just follow these four steps to get started:
- Search for Rental Assistance on DoNotPay.
- Put together a list of your income, debts, expenses, and assets. If you need help accessing information like your credit report, DoNotPay can help you get your report.
- Let DoNotPay collect your basic information and compose a letter to your local housing authority requesting rental assistance.
- Lastly, DoNotPay will send your letter to your local housing authority.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
If you need more than just rental assistance in Savannah, GA, you're in luck. DoNotPay offers users a lot of services to improve their lives, such as:
- Finding and claiming missing money.
- Filing in small claims court.
- Filing complaints.
- Signing up for free trials.
Whether you're avoiding eviction or something entirely different, DoNotPay has your back. Give the app a try today to start saving yourself a ton of time, money, and effort.