How to Get Ramp Rental Assistance Using DoNotPay
The Rental Assistance for Mississippians Program (RAMP) offers eligible individuals in Mississippi rental assistance when in need. Those renters who are qualified and apply for benefits must show evidence that somebody in their household is experiencing:
- A need for shelter
- Rapid re-housing
- Requires other homelessness-related services
All of these also must make below 50% of the area’s median income.
It's not always easy to apply for and receive as you may think. There's a lot of paperwork involved. The application process can be daunting. You might not even be eligible. And, having to spend hours trying to figure out what your rental assistance options are can be time-consuming. DoNotPay can help take the tedious process out of applying for RAMP and other rental assistance in Mississippi (or any other state).
What Is Ramp Rental Assistance?
If you're renting in Mississippi and you can’t make your rent payments because of the COVID-19 virus, you might be eligible for RAMP. can offer you up to 15 months of both utility and rental assistance if you're eligible. The funds are paid to the landlord directly on your behalf.
Who Is Eligible for Ramp Rental Assistance?
Program funds may be available to renter households that have a household income that is 80% or below the area median. Also, a minimum of one or more people in the household must:
- Be experiencing a decrease in household income
- Qualify for unemployment
- Experienced financial hardship because of COVID-19
- Incurred substantial costs
- Can show a chance of experiencing instability of the house or homelessness
Households below 50% of the area median and eligible, including a person who has been unemployed for 90 days before applying for assistance, will receive priority. Eligible households may receive up to 12 months of assistance, and if MHC decides there is a need for additional months to ensure the stability of the household, that household may also receive an additional three months, subject to fund availability.
Once you prove these criteria above, you'll receive your RAMP rental assistance login.
Other Rental Assistance Programs in Mississippi
Mississippi residents with low incomes have a few different non-profit agencies and government organizations they can turn to for emergency housing programs and rental assistance. Some organizations may even offer cash assistance for security deposits and paying rent. A few programs include:
|GCCA||Referrals make up much of the support. From time to time, however, this non-profit may provide financial support or government grants. When possible, they offer qualified low-income homeowners and renters housing and rent assistance since they're a HUD-approved agency. To reach them, call 888-603-4222.|
|Mississippi Regional Housing Authority VI||If you reside in Edwards, Canton, Port Gibson, Pearl, and Yazoo City, Mississippi, you can reach out to this non-profit. It provides coverage to the central Mississippi area. It provides federal housing assistance like Section 8 vouchers to families and individuals who are income-qualified. Around 5,000 families receive help from this organization's Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) program every year. Along with this, they also operate various low-income housing units and apartments in the region. To reach them, call 601-373-7040.|
|Back Bay Mission||This is a non-profit agency that offers housing assistance to individuals diagnosed with a type of mental condition and who are chronically homeless. In rental assistance, this service is only for honorably discharged veterans. If you're applying for utility assistance, you'll need a copy of your utility bill that shows your name and address, the name of the service provider, and your account number. To reach this organization, call 228-432-0301.|
How to Apply for Ramp Rental Assistance by Yourself
- Complete the program application.
- Provide current, valid identification.
- Provide a current, duly-executed lease or other documentation that proves your rent amount and residence.
- Provide documentation of household income.
- Provide evidence that one or more people in the household can show a chance of experiencing instability of the house or homelessness.
- Provide evidence that one or more people in the household has experienced a decrease in household income or has qualified for unemployment, has experienced other COVID-19-related financial hardship, or has incurred substantial costs.
- Provide the landlord participation form with the landlord's ACH Credit Authorization and W9 Form if they agree to participate and haven't yet filled out the online application.
As you can see, applying for RAMP isn't as easy as filling out an application and waiting for your acceptance. Several steps must be followed during the application process, and this is provided that you even qualify. It's a frustrating and tedious process.
Fortunately, DoNotPay can take all the frustration away from the application process.
Let DoNotPay Help You Apply for Ramp Rental Assistance
We can compose a letter to your local housing authority based on your situation and inquire about your best options for receiving assistance. Here are the four steps:
- Search for Rental Assistance on DoNotPay.
- Put together a list of your income, debts, expenses, and assets. If you need help accessing information like your credit report, DoNotPay can help you get your report.
- Let DoNotPay collect your basic information and compose a letter to your local housing authority requesting rental assistance.
- Lastly, DoNotPay will send your letter to your local housing authority.
Why Use DoNotPay to Apply for Ramp Rental Assistance
By using DoNotPay's rental assistance product, you'll have resources and short-term rent right at your fingertips without having to go through the lengthy application process yourself. DoNotPay's rental assistance product is:
- Fast: You do not have to spend hours trying to figure out the application process.
- Easy: You do not have to fill out all the tedious forms required to apply for RAMP rental assistance or keep track of all the steps involved.
- Successful: You can feel confident knowing DoNotPay will send a letter on your behalf inquiring about rental assistance options.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay will not only help you identify all the rental assistance options you have available to you, like RAMP, but they also provide an array of other services that you may be interested in, including:
- Help with suing an individual or company in small claims court
- Help with DMV appointments
- Help reduce your property taxes
- Help you with your unpaid bills
- Help you learn more about free trials
- Help you locate missing money
- Help you file a complaint
- Help you find and apply for scholarships
If you need RAMP rental assistance and are unsure of the application process or don't know all your options, let DoNotPay help!