How to Remove Natlcrsys From Your Credit Report Using DoNotPay
You should review your credit reports every year and clean them up by getting rid of old and inaccurate information. To clean the reports, you have to get copies of the reports from the three major CRAs (credit reporting agencies). Check for inaccuracies or outdated information and ask the credit bureaus to update the information, like removing Natlcrsys from your account.
, a debt collection agency, buys debt from various creditors who have given up trying to collect a debt. You can attempt to pay off the debt with Natlcrsys, which will change your credit report status to read "Paid." However, the collections will appear on your credit report for the next seven years and continue to affect your credit score and lower your chances of loan approval. Getting Natlcrsys off your account can be frustrating and tedious, but you can use DoNotPay, an automated and faster way to solve this issue.
What is Natlcrsys?
Natlcrsys or the National Credit Systems Inc. is a legal debt collection agency that has operated since 1991. The company has headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia and its specialization is money recovery owed to apartment managers and owners.
You may get a call from Natlcrsys if you break your apartment lease and you owe the landlord an early termination fee. Several people have filed complaints against Natlcrsys for harassment, and in 2017 someone sued the company for unfair debt collection practices. The court document stated that the company sent consumers a false and misleading letter that confused the average consumer. You contact Natlcrsys here:
|P.O. Box 672288
Marietta, GA 30006
What Should I Look For on My Natlcrsys Credit Dispute?
If Natlcrsys contacts you about a pending debt, do not panic and do not ignore them. Here are some things you should do:
- Find out Your Rights
You should first know your rights under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).
- Validate and verify
Natlcrsys must send a Notice of Debt within the first five days of contact. The notice must contain all the information you need to know about the date, such as an Itemization date, which can be one of five dates:
- Date of last invoice or statement you received
- Date of your previous payment of the debt
- Charge-off date
- Transaction date that led to the debt
- Judgment date (if the debt led to a court case)
The itemization date allows you to tell whether the Statute of Limitation has expired.
The notice of debt should have the following details:
- Natlcrsys and mailing address
- Your full name and address
- If the debt is connected to financial products like credit cards or loans, the notice must contain the creditor's name to whom you owed the original debt
- Account number linked to the debt
- Name of the creditor you currently owe
- Current debt amount and a list of all payments you made plus interests, fees, etc.
How to Clean Up Your Credit Report
Cleaning up your credit report means eliminating outdated and inaccurate data. It does not imply getting rid of accounts with overdue debts that you need to clear. If any company claims that it can clean your credit report and boost your credit score, those are scammers.
You can get rid of inaccurate information on the report on your own.
1. Get Copies of Your Credit Reports
You have a right to get a free copy of your reports from the three major credit report agencies: Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion every twelve months. Each of the three credit reports contains varying information. You can get one from TransUnion, get another from Equifax four months later, and another from Experian a few months later.
2. Review Each report
Carefully go through each report, looking for discrepancies and inaccurate or incomplete information.
3. Make a Comprehensive List
Make a list of all the mistakes you pick out, such as inaccurate or incomplete information. Gather your supporting evidence to prove your case. For example, you may have closed an account, but the report declares it as active. You can get documentation such as a letter to prove you closed the account.
4. File an Online Dispute or Send Natlcrsys a Dispute Letter
The three CRAs allow people to dispute the information on their reports online. If you prefer the conventional method, you can directly send the CRA a detailed letter on what the issue is. Attach supporting documents and use the address the CRA sets aside for dispute letters and found on their website.
5. Drafting a Goodwill Removal Request Letter
You can write a goodwill letter to your creditor and ask them to remove old and negative information from your report if you have already paid off the balance.
6. Mail a Pay-to-Delete negotiation Letter
A pay-to-delete letter requests a settlement where you pay part of the debt to remove the negative marks on your account.
Clean Your Report With the Help of DoNotPay
DoNotPay can help you clean your report in four ways:
- File an Online Dispute or Send Natlcrsys a Dispute Letter.
- Drafting a goodwill removal request letter.
- Mail a Pay-to-Delete negotiation Letter.
- Submit a Debt Validation Request.
If you want to clean up your credit report, DoNotPay can help in 3 steps:
1. Search Clean Credit Report on DoNotPay.
2. Prepare a recent copy of your credit report that you can use as reference.
3. Let us guide you through the 4 potential options:
- If you've already paid off your debt, we'll help you file a Goodwill Removal Request to get it removed.
- If you notice any errors in your report (we have a list of common errors you can use!), we'll help you file a credit dispute to the creditor or major credit bureaus.
- If there are no errors, we'll check if you're still eligible to file a debt validation request. If they can't validate your debt, they're required to remove it from your report and they can't collect it!
- Lastly, if none of the above options work, we'll help you file a pay-to-delete negotiation letter. You can customize the amount you are willing to pay in exchange for getting the item removed.
Have a look at our other credit products, such as Keep Unused Cards Active, Get My Credit Report, Credit Limit Increase, and much more.
Why Use DoNotPay Clean Up Your Report
DoNotPay is the perfect solution to clean up your report because it:
- Fast: DoNotPay gets you results faster than if you tried to do it yourself
- Easy: With DoNotPay, all you have to do is provide us with a few details, click a few buttons and wait!
- Successful: DoNotPay does its best to ensure a successful outcome.
Other Ways DoNotPay Can Help
DoNotPay can help you solve other problems such as:
- Fight email spamming
- Get robocall compensation
- File complaints against any company.
- Sex offender search
- Discover and Apply for scholarships.
- Defamation demand letters