How to Get Modest Needs Rental Assistance With the Help of DoNotPay
If you're dealing with unexpected financial hardships, such as the loss of a job or unpaid leave from your job because your child is sick, a surprise expense, or health issues, and they're keeping you from being able to pay your rent this month, you may be eligible for . Under documentable emergency circumstances like these, Modest Needs may help you pay your rent or a monthly bill on a one-time basis.
Modest Needs knows it can be difficult to ask for rental assistance, despite really requiring it. And, they'll do all they can to try and help you.
It takes just a few steps to apply for this assistance. But the steps involved may be confusing for you or you may miss a step that causes you to miss out on the help. DoNotPay is here to help you get rental housing assistance in your time of need.
What Is Modest Needs?
Modest Needs offers small grants to working individuals who still receive low income and are experiencing a short-term financial emergency and/or those who have the risk of ending up homeless if a financial emergency isn't addressed right away. It may also step up and help those who require help but can't find that immediate help through other sources.
Here is the contact information for Modest Needs:
|Address||Modest Needs Foundation
33 Irving Place, FL 5
New York, NY 10003
|Phone Number||(844) 667-3776|
|Send inquiries here|
|Application Link||Register here|
Who is Eligible for Modest Needs Rental Assistance?
You may qualify to apply for Modest Needs rental assistance if:
- You're 18 years old or older
- You're a legal resident of the U.S. or Canada
- You're applying for assistance for yourself or someone else who lives in your home
- You've filed a Federal Tax Return within the previous two years
- Your household has a minimum of one active bank account
To request get help with rent, you also must:
- Have regular Internet and computer access to check the Modest Needs website and your email regularly during your active application period.
- Have access to a fax machine or scanner to fax or upload the required documentation that supports your Modest Needs application.
- Have a legal lease (if renting) that you or a household member and the landlord have both signed. The lease needs to show your monthly rental cost and if you pay the full amount yourself.
- Pass Modest Needs employment and income tests.
How to Apply for Modest Needs Rental Assistance by Yourself
Because Modest Needs is a small organization that serves individuals and families in the U.S. and Canada, they can only accept rental assistance applications through their website.
If you need help with rent today, apply for Modest Needs assistance by following a few steps:
- Read the FAQs for Applicants
Because applying for Modest Needs rental assistance can get confusing, they have provided an FAQ section on their website for applicants. On this page, you'll learn information about the way Modest Needs works, including the types of grants they can offer and how their application process works.
- Register or Sign Up with Modest Needs
Since Modest Needs does all their work online, you have to register on their site before you can apply for assistance. They communicate with you during your application process, through your Modest Needs account. It's free to register for a Modest Needs account.
Just click on the "Register" link located at the top of their webpage and complete the registration process. Please note, in order to register for a Modest Needs account, you'll need to have an active email account. A Gmail account is recommended if you don't have one and want to register for a Modest Needs account.
Once you've registered for your account, you can then apply for assistance. Only one active account is allowed for each household.
- Fill Out the Grant Application
After you've gone through the FAQ section and you've registered for an account, you're ready to apply for assistance. To get your application started, you'll need to log into your account and click on the "Apply for Help Now" button located at the bottom of the page. If you can't find that button and instead you see a Register/Login button, it means you haven't logged in yet—doing so will fix the issue.
While it's typically simple to apply for assistance, you still need to prove that you are eligible. This can be the challenging part. Having to provide all the documentation and show you're eligible can be a tedious process. Fortunately, DoNotPay can help with this part.
Using DoNotPay's Help to Apply for Rental Assistance Through Modest Needs
We can compose a letter to your local housing authority based on your situation and inquire about your best options for receiving assistance. Here are the 4 steps:
- Search for Rental Assistance on DoNotPay.
- Put together a list of your income, debts, expenses, and assets. If you need help accessing information like your credit report, DoNotPay can help you get your report.
- Let DoNotPay collect your basic information and compose a letter to your local housing authority requesting rental assistance.
- Lastly, DoNotPay will send your letter to your local housing authority.src="https://dnpgatsbywp.kinsta.cloud/learn/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2022/01/268745264_485474756256573_2881208590272650682_n.png" />
Why Use DoNotPay to Apply for Rental Assistance
Fast. There's no need for you to spend hours trying to prove your eligibility and put together a list of all your documentation to do this.
Easy. There's no need for you to go through the hassle of filling out forms and having to track all the involved steps required to apply for assistance.
Successful: You can feel confident and secure that DoNotPay will make the best case for you.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Along with helping you obtain Modest Needs rental assistance, DoNotPay offers a wide range of other highly useful services, including:
- Reduce your property taxes
- Sue in small claims court
- Obtain missing money
- Help with unpaid bills
- Identify and apply for scholarships
- Learn about free trials
- Help with DMV appointments
- File a complaint
- Avoid eviction
Applying (and showing you're eligible) for rental assistance through Modest Needs doesn't have to be time-consuming or difficult. And, you shouldn't have to take it on by yourself. is here to help make the process go much smoother and quicker.