The Simple Way to Claim Your Evergy/KCP&L Rebate With DoNotPay
Rebates are a great way to save money on purchases, especially big-ticket purchases such as a heating and cooling system or new insulation for your home. However, more than $500 million in rebates go unclaimed every year because people either don't know they can claim them or are too busy to fill out the necessary forms. Evergy (formerly Kansas City Power & Light) offers a number of rebates that will not only get you money directly, but save you money on your energy bill. You can't get these savings automatically, though: you have to claim them through Evergy's rebate programs. Thankfully, DoNotPay is here to help you claim your as well as rebates through many other companies.
What Rebates Does KCP&L/Evergy Offer?
offers a variety of rebates in the Kansas City area. These include:
|Heating and Cooling Rebate||You can get up to 700 dollars back when you upgrade to an energy-efficient heating and cooling system. More information about the rebate is available on Evergy's website.|
|Insulation and Air Sealing Rebates||Evergy/KCP&L offers discounts on upgrading the insulation and air sealing in your home. This improves your home's energy efficiency as well as enhancing its value and you may even qualify for Missouri tax deductions by upgrading your insulation. More information about this rebate program is available on Evergy's website.|
|LED Bulb Discounts||KCP&L/Evergy offers instant rebates on LED light bulbs from certain Missouri retailers. This can save you up to $4 per bulb and you get all the convenience and benefits of LED lighting. Find out more from Evergy's website|
|Thermostat Discounts||Evergy/KCP&L will pay toward your smart thermostat if you sign up for their smart thermostat program. By joining the program, you'll be subject to a few Energy Savings Events every year though you can opt out of these, and you'll get a check for $25 each year you are part of the program.|
Who Is Eligible for KCP&L/Evergy Rebates?
Everyone who has electrical service through Evergy/KCP&L is eligible for some kind of rebate. The Evergy website has the most up-to-date information regarding discounts and rebates. Keep checking it, as they are always adding new ways for you to save money. This applies whether you're on the Missouri side of the border or on the Kansas side as long as you pay for your energy through Evergy.
How to Claim KCP&L/Evergy Rebates on Your Own
The first step when claiming a rebate with KCP&L/Evergy is to ensure that your purchase qualifies for the rebates they are offering. Evergy's website has a list of all the current discounts and rebates that are available. Note that you may have to enter your ZIP code and address to see what rebates you can qualify for at any given moment. If you want to claim the rebate for getting a more efficient heating and cooling system or the one for improving your insulation, you'll also need to find and use an authorized contractor for the work. The Evergy/KCP&L website lists the requirements for each of the rebates and discounts that they offer, or you can call 1-888-471-5275 to reach customer service staff who can walk you through getting rebates.
How to Claim Your KCP&L/Evergy Rebates With DoNotPay
Claiming a KCP&L/Evergy rebate with DoNotPay is simple. Just:
- Search rebates on DoNotPay and select the type of rebates offer you want to claim (is it for a car, electronic gadget, household appliance, etc).
- Tell us more about the purchase, including the product name, brand, serial number (if relevant), and whether you bought it online or in-person.
- Select whether the rebate is online or mail-in. Upload your evidence documents, including receipts, and any necessary forms, and confirm your contact information.
And that's it. DoNotPay will file your rebate claim on your behalf by mail or online depending on the rebate campaign. You should receive your rebate by check within 30 days.
Why Use DoNotPay to Apply for KCP&L/Evergy Rebates
- DoNotPay is the fastest way to get rebates from KCP&L/Evergy.
- Instead of waiting on hold for a customer service representative or wading through the website, you can file your rebate application entirely within the DoNotPay app.
- With DoNotPay, you know your request has the highest chance of being approved.
DoNotPay Works Across All Companies With the Click of a Button
It isn't just Evergy/KCP&L rebates that DoNotPay can help you with. We can help you get rebates and discounts on purchases from:
What Else Can DoNotPay Do for You?
DoNotPay can help you with much more than getting . As the world's first robot lawyer, it can help you:
- Set up an advance health care directive
- Discover and apply for scholarships
- Sue any person or company in small claims court
- Fight back against text message spam
- Get certified copies of birth, marriage, and death certificates
Find out all the things DoNotPay can do for you today!