How to Claim Rebates and Get Your Money Back Quickly
Rebates can be a great way to save money, especially on big-ticket purchases. However, they do little good if the mail-in rebate form is never filled out or mailed. Forgetfulness or lack of time means over $500 million in rebates are unclaimed every year.
You don’t have to sacrifice your valuable time or be one of the over half a billion people missing out on every year with the help of DoNotPay. Whether you’re confused about the process or just need an easy solution, DoNotPay is here to help you get the rebates you deserve.
How Do Rebates Work?
The is only a benefit to the customer if they follow through with the process. Companies show a reduced price for a product or service, which includes a rebate. The customer must first pay the full price for the product and then follow steps designated by the company to be reimbursed for the difference in what they paid at the time of purchase and the reduced price.
The customer feels like they are getting a great price, even though there will be a little work after the purchase to truly benefit from the reduced price. While it does mean the customer must pay the full price initially, the promise of a return of some of those dollars creates an incentive to go ahead with the purchase at a higher cost.
Why Do Companies Offer Rebates?
The enticement of a “deal” has long been an effective marketing strategy for companies. Companies may offer an item with a sales price with hopes of making up the reduced cost in the volume of sales. However, if the volume needed to make a profit is not sold, the company is operating at a loss on that product.
The solution to this risk is rebates. The company gets the full purchase price up-front, which allows them to cover its costs, and the customer still gets the promise of a deal if they do a little work on the back end. The reality is that the vast majority of customers are enticed to purchase based on the rebate but never follow through on the steps to receive it.
In this case, the company gets the sale at the full purchase price and never has to reimburse for the rebate.
How Do I Know if I’m Eligible for a Rebate?
There are a few steps you can take to make sure you are eligible for a rebate:
- Ask if the product or service has an accompanying rebate promotion before purchasing.
- Ask to see the details about the rebate promotion.
- Read the fine print to look for exceptions.
- Check your receipt/rebate instructions before leaving the store.
- Is there any additional information needed before leaving the store?
What Is the Process for Claiming Rebates?
Now that you’ve purchased the item and have the rebate information, how do you go about claiming your rebate? Each company has its own specific process, but they generally follow the same format:
- Locate your rebate form and receipt.
- Note any deadlines.
- Have the purchased product nearby.
- Determine whether the rebate claims process is by mail, online, or both.
- Fill out all personal information.
- Complete product information completely, including any requested serial numbers.
- Cut out any barcodes or other requested physical information.
- Make a copy of everything you must send.
- Make sure to postmark or submit online before the mailing deadline.
- Record the expected time before the rebate will be received and the receipt method.
- Mail all of the requested information and documents.
- Follow-up if the rebate is not received on time.
How to Keep Track of Submitted Rebates
Submitting your rebate claim doesn’t put the cash in hand. You still have to follow up to make sure the funds are received. Several things can go wrong along the way, and if you aren’t tracking your submissions, a substantial rebate can easily be forgotten.
There are a few ways you can track your submitted rebates: You can keep a calendar of when you submitted your rebates when reimbursement is expected, and a contact method if it isn’t received by that date.
If you have several rebates outstanding at one time, you may want to create an Excel document to help you keep track of information on each one and create a calendar reminder to check in on them every couple of weeks. If this sounds like too much work for too little rebate, there is a simpler way. DoNotPay can help remove the hassle of the rebate process and bring back the joy of finding a good deal.
DoNotPay Can Help Solve Your Claims Rebate Woes
If the rebate claims process has you wishing you’d run the other way from that “great” deal, don’t give up just yet. DoNotPay makes the rebate claims process quick, simple, and hassle-free. Whether your purchase was online or in-person, simply provide a few details, and DoNotPay will file the rebate claim on your behalf.
Here’s how it works:
- Search rebates on DoNotPay and select the type of rebates offer you want to claim (is it for a car, electronic gadget, household appliance, etc).
- Tell us more about the purchase, including the product name, brand, serial number (if relevant), and whether you bought it online or in-person.
- Select whether the rebate is online or mail-in. Upload your evidence documents, including receipts, and any necessary forms, and confirm your contact information.
And that’s it! DoNotPay will file your rebate claim on your behalf by mail or online, depending on the rebate campaign. You should receive your rebate by check within 30 days!
One DoNotPay Solution for All of Your Rebates
Are you a frequent shopper? Love the deals provided through rebates? No problem. DoNotPay can help with a wide variety of rebate claims, including rebates for:
|Menards||Goodyear Tire||Mass Save||Verizon|
|Home Depot||Michelin Tire||New Cars||Macy’s|
DoNotPay Does Even More
DoNotPay understands that rebates are the only time-consuming yet important task to monopolize your valuable time. We are here to make many of life’s frustrating tasks easier, including:
- Close Bank Accounts
- Deleting Accounts
- Robocall compensation
- Neighbor complaints
- Jump the phone queue for any company
- Get help with bills
- File insurance claims
- File a customer complaint
- Find the Best Schools
Why Choose DoNotPay?
We make the most mundane and aggravating tasks fast, easy, and successful, so you can get back to doing what you do best. Whether you want to make sure that a great deal stays a great deal by processing your rebate claim or any of the numerous other tasks DoNotPay takes off your plate, DoNotPay is here to help!