The Easiest Way to Claim Your FPL Rebates Online
Rebates are great ways to save money on purchases, especially during special promotions. Unfortunately, most rebates go to waste every year because they are unclaimed. This is because people are either unaware of the rebates, forget to claim the rebates, or don't have time to make claims.
Many companies realize how unlikely it is for customers to claim their rebates. Therefore, they offer generous cashback to lure customers into buying products upfront. Worse, the rebates come with tight deadlines for mailing in claim forms to discourage you from getting your cash back.
But we have good news about claiming rebates. You no longer have to worry about filing rebate claims or missing the tight deadlines and strict mail-in requirements. DoNotPay makes it easier and more convenient for you to claim your FPL rebates.
What Are FPL Rebates?
FPL, or Florida Power & Light, is the largest power provider in Florida. The company offers various residential rebates on energy-efficient upgrades.
FPL rebates and incentives encourage customers to become more energy efficient. For instance, you can save money by conserving energy every month or upgrading to the latest high-efficiency equipment and appliances.
FPL rebate programs apply to various activities, including installing a new, energy-efficient air conditioning system and insulating your home.
Who's Eligible for FPL Rebates?
The FPL rebates come with some requirements for those who wish to participate. Therefore, you must meet all the requirements to qualify and claim FPL rebates. The requirements vary depending on the rebate program.
Ceiling Insulation Rebates Requirements
Installing additional insulation keeps your energy costs down while increasing energy efficiency. You could also qualify for a rebate from FPL if you meet their criteria.
Here are the requirements for an FPL ceiling insulation rebate.
- The insulation in your home must have a current R-value of less than R-8.
- Your home can only qualify for an FPL insulation rebate once every 20 years.
- You must allow access to attic spaces to determine rebate eligibility.
A/C Rebates Qualifications
You can save $150 instantly by installing a new energy-efficient A/C unit. However, you must use an FPL Participating Independent contractor (PIC) to qualify for the FPL A/C rebate.
Other requirements include:
- You must install the A/C in a residential home (exclusive of mobile and manufactured homes)
- 16 SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) rated and above
- The A/C system must be completely new — including the indoor and outdoor units
How to Submit a Claim For FPL Rebates
Now that you've reviewed the requirements and qualify for FPL rebates, how do you submit a claim? The process is almost the same for both the A/C and insulation rebates.
- First, find a Participating Independent Contractor (PIC) within your area. You can use the "find a PIC" button on the FPL website or schedule a free home analysis with FPL's energy experts.
- If you're claiming an FPL insulation rebate and your home qualifies, you'll receive a rebate certificate for $220. After that, the PIC must install the new insulation for you to redeem the rebate. The Participating Independent Contractor will deduct the rebate amount from your final invoice.
- This also applies to FPL A/C rebates. Your preferred PIC will install your new A/C system. Then you'll receive your instant $150 rebate automatically as a credit on the invoice provided by the PIC.
Note that a Participating Independent Contractor is a separate business and is not employed by the FPL. However, they have only chosen to comply with FPL's rebate programs and standards. Furthermore, FPL does not influence your decision to select, hire, and manage the PIC.
|FPL Customer Support Information|
|Phone||800-DIAL FPL (800-3425375).|
|Online Support||Help Center|
|Other Rebates||Energy Saving Programs|
Next Steps for Filing Your FPL Rebates if You Can't Do It Yourself
FPL rebates are easier to claim compared to other rebate programs. Still, chances of missing out on these cash-back deals are eminent.
Sometimes people find it challenging to navigate the rebate requirements and ensure their houses and installations meet the qualifications. For example, do you even know where to submit your FPL rebate form?
However, there's always a fast and efficient alternative to claiming your FPL rebates. The Claim My Rebates product by DoNotPay takes the stress out.
Claim Your FPL Rebates With the Help of DoNotPay
DoNotPay wants to make the whole process of claiming your FPL rebates easier, faster, and less frustrating. So you don't have to navigate the lengthy, stressful, frustrating process alone. Instead, use the Claim My Rebates product from DoNotPay to simplify your claims process.
Here's how to use the Claim My Rebates Product from DoNotPay:
- Search rebates on DoNotPay and select the type of rebate offer you want to claim (is it for an electronic gadget, a car, household appliance, etc).
- Tell us more about the purchase — the product name, brand, serial number (if relevant), and whether you bought it online or in person.
- Select whether the rebate is online or mail-in. Upload your evidence documents, including receipts and any necessary forms, and confirm your contact information.
Once you're done with the above process, sit back and wait for DoNotPay to process your claim. We will file an FPL rebate claim on your behalf and get back to you in no time.
DoNotPay Works Across All Companies and Organizations
Do you have rebate claim issues with other companies and entities? Let DoNotPay settle them for you. Whether you just purchased a new vehicle or your dream house and want to file a rebate claim, our Claim My Rebates product comes in handy.
DoNotPay will help you claim rebates from the following companies and entities:
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Filing rebate claims is not all we do. DoNotPay has a long list of services it offers to people, easing lengthy, stressful, and frustrating processes. Here are other things you can do with DoNotPay.
DoNotPay can quickly help you claim your FPL rebates, among other claims and complaints. Sign up for DoNotPay to explore our services.