Secret Hack That'll Get Your JetBlue Change Fees Waived Fast
JetBlue Airways is a low-cost airline based out of Queens, New York, with additional corporate offices in Utah and Florida. Flying a low-cost airline is a great way to save money, but as with most airlines, change fees can really add up quickly. If you want to try to avoid JetBlue change fees or have them waived, DoNotPay can help.
An Overview of JetBlue Change Fees
While JetBlue does not charge cancellation or change fees on most fares, you will likely incur fees for making changes to Blue Basic flights.
Cancellation or Change Fees
With the exception of Blue Basic fares ticketed on specific dates in 2021, JetBlue's fees are:
|$100 per person||For travel within the U.S., Caribbean, Mexico, and/or Central America|
|$200 per person||For any other route|
Fare differences and fare rules on the date of change do apply.
JetBlue Customer Support Change Fee
- $25 non-refundable fee per person, if you change or cancel a reservation with JetBlue Customer Support.
- There is no additional fee if you self-serve online at the JetBlue website.
Same-Day Confirmed Switches
- $75 flat-rate fee (except for Mosaic Member or Blue Extra fares) without paying a fare difference
- No fare difference applies.
- Must be made on the day of travel, beginning at midnight in the time zone of the departing flight
How to Avoid JetBlue Change Fees on Your Own
If you change your mind about your flight plans or need to change them due to unexpected circumstances, there are a few ways you can try to avoid some JetBlue change fees, or pay less overall in fees.
- Book a flight without cancellation or change fees: Some fares can be changed without change fees, but you'll need to verify this before booking if you want to avoid costly fees.
- Cancel within 24 hours of booking: You are eligible for a full refund in the original form of payment if you cancel your original plans and your flight is seven or more days away.
- Change your flight yourself. Use the online service instead of going through Customer Support to save the $25 fee.
- Only change one ticket: If the reason for the change can be resolved by only changing one ticket (i.e. someone needs to arrive home earlier than originally planned), consider only changing one ticket and allowing the rest of your party to stay on the same flight to avoid multiple fees.
- Consider a same-day switch: Depending on your fare type, this may be a better option.
- Request a waiver: You can ask for a waiver from JetBlue if your flight schedule is changed ahead of time. Check if they offer travel waivers for inclement weather or for extenuating/emergency circumstances. While there is no guarantee this will work, you don't know until you try.
Let DoNotPay Help You Appeal JetBlue Change Fees
DoNotPay understands that life happens, and you may need to change your flight plans. We also know that sometimes airline issues may make it necessary to change your flight plans, and if JetBlue is trying to impose an unfair fee, we can help you appeal the fee.
Here's how you can use DoNotPay to appeal fees:
- Search "appeal fees" on DoNotPay, choose the Fight and Waive Fees product, and select the type of fee you want to appeal.
- Select the merchant you want to appeal fees for and enter the details of your transaction, including an associated account if you have one.
- Submit your case! DoNotPay will generate the best argument for your case and make sure your fee waiver request gets sent to the merchant for processing.
Why Should You Use DoNotPay?
We know that your time is valuable. Airline change fees can be extremely costly, and if the circumstances requiring the change are out of your control, you shouldn't have to forfeit your hard-earned money. DoNotPay can help you start the process of requesting a fee waiver for flight changes right now.
In fact, with our Airline Services product, we can help you manage many frustrating aspects of your flight. We are able to help you make changes to your reservation, demand refunds, or find lost bags. You can handle all of your flight issues right here at any time!
DoNotPay makes it easy to waive and fight any type of fee for any company or service, including:
- American Airline Baggage Fees
- Spirit Airline Baggage Fees
- eBay Fees
- Coinbase Fees
- Robinhood Fees
- Paypal Seller Fees
- HOA Fees
- Etsy Fees
- Chase Checking Account Fees
- Shopify Fees
We do the work, and you can rest assured that we will make the necessary appeals in order to make the best case for you!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Helping you fight unfair fees or request fee waivers for unexpected circumstances is just one of the many ways that DoNotPay can help you. We provide a variety of other services, including:
- Discovering and Applying for Scholarships
- Contacting Embassies and Consulates
- Document Notarization Assistance
- Finding the Correct Standardized Documents
- Creating Passport Photos
- Reducing Property Taxes
- Airline Flight Compensation
- Appealing Banned Accounts
- Filing a Complaint
DoNotPay is here to assist you with any problem, issue, or concern. Let us help today!