How to Request and Get Money Back From Lyft
If you've used the modern taxi hauling services, you've likely used Lyft. Generally, Lyft is the company that develops and operates the mobile app that clients can use to request a ride. But like any other service, something can go wrong, and you may need to know Such cases may happen where the driver wasn't in the location they were supposed to be, or you had to cancel a trip due to an emergency.
However, note that getting your cashback from Lyft isn't as straightforward as you would imagine. In fact, the refund policy doesn't leave room for customers to interpret how to get money back from Lyft, even in cases where a client hasn't received a service they have paid for.
That's where DoNotPay comes in to make the process of easier and faster. Moreover, DoNotPay can also assist you in getting your cashback from other companies like PayPal, Apple Pay, Citi, and Walmart. We can also give you insights into how cashback works on credit cards like Apple cards and learn about some of the best cashback credit cards you can use. Continue reading for more details.
What Type of Refunds Does Lyft Offer?
There are 2 types of refund Lyft offers. When you contact the customer service team at Lyft requesting a ride adjustment, you can either get an account credit or cashback.
In case the Lyft customer representative dealing with your refund issue offers you an account credit, you can use your money while requesting another ride in the future.
When Lyft decides to give your money back via a cashback refund, you will get a full refund of the fare to your prepaid, credit, debit, or stored value cards that you used to pay for your ride.
How to Get Money Back From Lyft on Your Own
Here is what the Lyft refund process entails:
- Report the Issue: To report the issue you encountered, log into the Lyft app and look through your history to find the fare you want to be refunded. Click on this fare, then scroll down to the 'Get Help' button at the bottom of the page. The button takes you to a different screen where you can choose to 'Dispute the fare' and enter why you want a cancellation.
- Refund Processed: The customer service team at Lyft will review your cancellation request and contact you in case they need more details on what happened.
- Receive Refund: Once Lyft approves your request, you'll receive your chargeback or refund via a ride credit that shows up on your Lyft account or your debit or credit card.
Here’s how to earn more rewards from Lyft on every ride:
|Earn more with Chase
|Earn Lyft credit with Mastercard
|3 rides for $5 credit.
|Earn miles with Delta
|Earn Points with Hilton
How Do I Request a Lyft Refund?
If you want to , use the 'Get Help' button on the app. Alternatively, you can send a customer support ticket when contesting a different type of charge or when you don't see the fare, you need to be refunded on your history.
How Do I Track the Status of My Refund From Lyft?
Unfortunately, you cannot track the status of your refund via the Lyft app. You have to rely on the following options while checking the status of your refund:
- Reach out the Lyft customer service to enquire about the status of your refund.
- Wait to receive an email stating whether Lyft has processed or denied your refund.
You can expect to get your refund within 3 – 5 working days, depending on how clear-cut the situation is and how busy the customer support team is.
Solve the Lyft Money Back With the Help of DoNotPay
If you have a look at the terms of service, Lyft doesn't have an explicit leeway or a precise method of how you can get your money back. In fact, Lyft indicates that all payments are non-refundable, and the refund policy doesn't apply in a case. Still, there isn't a customer support number that you can use to contact them directly. So, even if you expect a refund after a driver cancels a ride, fails to show up, or the driver uses a poor route, getting your Lyft money back will be a lengthy procedure.
Fortunately, DoNotPay, makes your refund process much easier and less frustrating. With DoNotPay, you can also get to know all the ins and outs of cashback apps and assist you to get cash backs on Discover it. Better yet, we use a simple process that is easy to use and understand for all our customers.
Here is how DoNotPay works:
- Search for Cash Back on the DoNotPay website.
- Kick-off the process to find the right app or website for you.
- Answer some specific questions so that we can help you start making money!
DoNotPay will then send you the cashback options that suit you.
How Else Can You Get Assistance From DoNotPay?
DoNotPay is a hub for various other solutions that you may want to solve quickly and more efficiently. Besides helping you get your money back from different companies and entities, we can assist you in the following ways:
- Get free raffle tickets
- Skip waiting on hold on the phone queue
- Deal with parking tickets the easy way
- Apply for a clinical trial
Do you need more information on how we can help you get your cash back? Join DoNotPay today to claim your cash back rewards!