How to Get Rental Assistance in Gwinnett County, GA
Not being able to pay your rent is always a scary life situation, but help is always available. According to recent media reports from Georgia, rent continues to increase there due to the COVID-19 pandemic. In Gwinnett County alone, it's just as bad. If you live in that county and need immediate , it's possible to get the help you need. We'll make the process go faster using our DoNotPay app.
How Do You Get Rental Assistance in Gwinnett County, GA?
Your best local resource in Gwinnett County is to go through the county website where they continue to get federal funds through the federal Emergency Rental Assistance Program.
Recently, they managed to acquire $55.9 million in stimulus funds from ERAP to help those who can't pay rent due to COVID-19. All those funds are still being given directly to families in immediate need.
While this is a major resource to go through, it can also be a time-consuming one. Income records, asset statements, plus other information and documents are required of you to assure you're eligible.The good news is that, thanks to the allocated funds above, you could get for up to 15 months.
What Is the Application Process for Rent Relief in Gwinnett County?
To get started, follow this table of instructions:
|Call the Program Manager||Tracee Goodmanemail@example.com|
|Call the Program Director||Matthew Elderfirstname.lastname@example.org|
You'll have to provide documentation proving you fall under the median income requirements for the state of Georgia. Other information needs to be provided proving you're truly facing financial hardship.
Who Is Eligible for Rental Assistance in Gwinnett County?
To qualify you have to:
- Have an income at or below 80 percent of the Area Median Income for the state of Georgia.
- You must have qualified for unemployment benefits at some point during the year.
- You've suffered a financial hardship through any specific circumstance, specifically COVID-19.
How Long Does It Take To Get Rental Assistance in Gwinnett County?
You should get a call back soon after you call the program manager or director. Keep in mind that available funding might fluctuate, though the recent federal funding should give you an immediate response.
Of course, the problem is the time involved filling out forms, waiting on the phone, or waiting in a physical line. While you'll likely get quick rental assistance help, life circumstances may prevent you from spending time on all the bureaucratic procedures.
Other Rental Assistance Programs in Gwinnett County
Many other resources are available if you don't want to go through Gwinnett County's ERAP program. Here's a short list of the few best available in the local area:
- Gwinnett Housing Resource Partnership (GHRP). Call them at 678 808-4477.
- Department of Family and Children Services (DFACS). Their phone number is 678 518-5500.
- Partnership for Community Action. You can reach them at 404-929-2500.
- St. Vincent De Paul. Volunteers are available to talk to at 770 339-7997.
For a more extensive list of resources in Gwinnett County, visit the Need Help Paying Bills website.
Getting Rental Assistance on Your Own
Government and local church assistance is very much available to you in Gwinnett County as you see. The only issue is, nearly all take further time. When you're already stressed and facing eviction, waiting in long lines or on the phone is not an easy thing to do.
Your best solution is to go through our DoNotPay app. We have a method to make many procedures like this work faster.
Rental Assistance Using Our DoNotPay App
We're here to help by first composing a letter to your local authority based on your situation. Then we'll find your best options for receiving rent assistance. You can make this work using our four simple steps:
- Search for Rental Assistance on DoNotPay.
- Put together a list of your income, debts, expenses, and assets. If you need help accessing information like your credit report, DoNotPay can help you get your report.
- Let DoNotPay collect your basic information and compose a letter to your local housing authority requesting rental assistance.
- Lastly, DoNotPay will send your letter to your local housing authority.
Why Use DoNotPay for Rental Assistance in Gwinnett County?
We have three good reasons behind why you need to use our app to get rental help:
- It's fast. You'll get faster results since you're not taking extra time to wait on the phone or fill out lengthy online applications. With just your basic information, we will do the work for you.
- It's easy. We simplify the process so you don't add to the stress you're already experiencing.
- It's successful. Millions of people continue to use our app for rental assistance help, plus many other services.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do for You?
In addition to rental assistance (including finding help through HUD), we can help you find solutions to numerous legal issues. Filing small court claims to help in paying your bills can be done with our app. Visit us to learn more about our comprehensive features.